It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:03 am 

Aww, well that pretty much kills all my hopes of being in Rehearsal... but it's not my fault that I didn't get in until almost the end!!! :( Sadness.

Oh well, I'll be happy with Live...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

I probably won't be involved in rehersal as I myself only submitted one bug considering by the time I fully figured everything out almost everything bad I experienced was gone (sans CTD), and also entered the process very late in the timeline. I do feel I was involved heavily in the community though and would love to report any bugs found in new things. I hope to see some inside it but realize I probaly won't, and wish those who do get in some happy bug squashing. It was a really fun experience and I don't regret it in the least. Bye beta forum, I'll miss you and your quirks.
Jared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 am 
Obduction Backer

So long, farewell, auf wiedesein, goodbye!

Squish and see you all incavern!

nerfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm glad that I was able to be a part of MOUL Beta, my first-ever beta experience. While the bugs and crashes could get frustrating, the fact that I was testing a game I love definitely helped.

To everyone at Cyan Worlds, thanks for giving all of us a chance to help you out! Good luck in the coming months, and I'll see you in the cavern!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

:D
It's been wonderful to be able to help out! I missed the opportunity in the original closed beta (was never chosen), and didn't get in until the "clerical error" rush of Prologue. Thanks, Cyan, for allowing me to contribute something to the beta effort this time around!

See you all in the Cavern.

J'mee
D'ni Honor Guard Charter Member

Any great work of art revives and readapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world - the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air. Bernstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:44 am 

I didn't know about rehearsal! Of course it would make sense, it's like a play after all. :)

Not something I would want to do, to be honest. First I won't have the time to be reliable and I rather be surprised and play the game for real from now on.

I didn't get to do much in beta, but I appreciated the chance of being invited and I hope the few reports I have sent helped somewhat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks all. This story goes in the library for later publication... much later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:09 am 

I doubt I'll be getting into rehearsal, as (Once I'd got past the PhysX problems) everything works pretty much fine for me. The few (2) problems I had (None of which were show-stoppers) I posted in the forums and ticketed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 am 

Well, I for one have enjoyed the Beta experience immensely! It was fun finding new bugs here and there. And, there were frustrations. By now, I think all of Beta-world knows I'm the only beta-tester who was NEVER able to link into Eder Gira. Though that was frustrating, the many helpful suggestions i received, and the great responses from the Cyan-ites was helpful.

And of course, I hope one of those "rehearsal" seats has my name on it!! (hint, hint!) ((That was pretty shameless, wasn't it??!!)) :lol: :lol:

One thing I've wondered about with Uru Live is how explorers will be able to create new worlds. That possibility has intrigued me greatly.

Anyway, I hope to see all my fellow betas in the Cavern either in rehearsal or in the actual game. The entire Myst-world experience, since the original game has been fun and intriguing.

Shorah...for now!!!

Kiril

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:18 am 

I'm sad to see that the beta journey has come to its end. Though I have only been a part of this great group of testers for about a month and a half, the strides that have been made are incredable.

**Props to you Cyan**

But, as has been a major theme of this world, It is not our destination that matters, but the Journey [Cloths]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:35 am 
Obduction Backer

My mind drifts to the beta finish in late 2003 and the excitement and hope we carried into "Rehearsal" and "Prologue". It was a joy being part of this era's Beta. I am looking forward to the next phase!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:30 am 

I take it this means the ftp site is going too? And can I download some of the funny things on there? (Yes, I would hide them for 3 years. :) )

Sigh... Bye bye, beta forum. Wish I could've visited you longer. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:37 am 

Truly, a blast. See you all in-cavern!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:43 am 

It has been very cool to have participated in this. I have always enjoyed the Myst series. I got my first taste of URU, just as live had been cancelled. I never saw online content. I found about the rebirth of URU, only after playing Myst V, and following a link about a Bahro pelt from the UBI forum. Until that time, I had no idea that URU was actually returning. I have never played online games before, other than the one time that I attempted to play Descent using Kali.

I had mixed feelings about an online Myst. I had mixed feelings about a 3D rendered Myst world. After seeing the quality of this community, and the maturity of its members, especially compared to other types of forums, I am proud to say that I've been a part of this. Although, I am by no means even close to being in the "inner circle". I haven't really looked at any of the external Myst Resources, but I have pursued the series about as much as possible gamewise. I will say that most of you don't know me. I expect that to change over the next year. (to your great pleasure or extreme pain)

Goodbye forum, It was unique. It would be nice if this section could be converted or imported to a CSV, or something equivalent, and then emailed to each one of us. I haven't even begun to look through all the threads. I know there are some in that Update thread that I still haven't read. I'd like to attempt it, but I'm tired now. It looks like I just won't ever get the chance. I'm sure there's a lot of good reading here. As bad as my memory is, I will probably have forgotten a lot of it, by the time the NDA is over. Most of you probably won't even see this post & its sentiments. I'd like to say it has been fun, to all the people that I've met, but are now gone from my KI. It was gun hanging out in random neighborhoods & watching people try to jump from the balcony. Some, I may never find again, since they probably use a different name online. Others, I'm sure I'll see again. To the greeters, I thank you for making cavern life pleasant. I know I'll see you guys again.

Finally,

Good Bye Thread

(leaps into the fissure)

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next