It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:07 am 
Obduction Backer

It's great to see Uru Live moving forward out of beta once again! It's been another wonderful experience! It's really a strange (and EXCITING) feeling coming full circle like this. See you in D'ni! This time - PERMANENTLY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 am 

Thanks Cyan/GT for the opportunity to be a beta tester and have these forums.
All things move on it's been a blast and see you in Live everyone :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 am 

I've gotta say that I didn't really know what I was getting into when I signed up for the beta and was then actually invited! I'm not a real avid gamer, but I've always loved the Myst games and Looooove URU. Furthermore, I admit I'm a bit of a dunce on the computer and found the ticketing process baffling, even with all the explanatory threads. Towards the end I did finally submit a few tickets (and zipped and saved way more logs than I ever wrote tickets for). But I'm glad I was able to do my little part. I'll never forget my time as a beta tester for the greatest computer game ever and I'll always be more than a little proud that I helped the process along - even if just a little.

I'm especially grateful to the mods for their helpfulness and endless patience, so a big thanks to you all!

One thing more, since I haven't really seen this discussed: Those of us in closed beta are simply moved to open beta, aren't we? We will still be expected to submit tickets for bugs when we find them, right? I'd sure hate to see my new-found skill go to waste and, besides, I've seen a couple bugs that I want to test again after the game opens again on Wednesday!

So, see you all down there!
daht'ay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:39 am 
Obduction Backer

dotty wrote:
I've gotta say that I didn't really know what I was getting into when I signed up for the beta and was then actually invited! I'm not a real avid gamer, but I've always loved the Myst games and Looooove URU. Furthermore, I admit I'm a bit of a dunce on the computer and found the ticketing process baffling, even with all the explanatory threads. Towards the end I did finally submit a few tickets (and zipped and saved way more logs than I ever wrote tickets for). But I'm glad I was able to do my little part. I'll never forget my time as a beta tester for the greatest computer game ever and I'll always be more than a little proud that I helped the process along - even if just a little.

I'm especially grateful to the mods for their helpfulness and endless patience, so a big thanks to you all!

One thing more, since I haven't really seen this discussed: Those of us in closed beta are simply moved to open beta, aren't we? We will still be expected to submit tickets for bugs when we find them, right? I'd sure hate to see my new-found skill go to waste and, besides, I've seen a couple bugs that I want to test again after the game opens again on Wednesday!

So, see you all down there!
daht'ay

I've only been involved in this specific beta for over a month now as well.. i do participate in Gametap beta as well however, and should be around through them as Jubster. Still, it has been fun being involved in the short lived time as tester via Cyan as well. I don't imagine I would be involved in rehearsal but? I still hope to visit with some people via Gametap anyway. Have fun all and keep up the good work. Hehe, not sure how much snow ya all might get here while I am back east either but? NO Organ donors=) lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

One door closes....another opens and another step closer...It's been a great ride and I'm soooooo happy to have met so many more people....I sure hope to meet up with all of you again on launch day...:)

SG

Last edited by SuperGram on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:02 am 

Awwww, this is so sad :(

I hate goodbyes!

.... So how about "until next time" ? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:18 am 

jaburg wrote:
TomahnaGuy wrote:
Let me recap- if we're not in rehearsal - no new content? If we log in the normal way on wednesday - no new content? *scratches head*

I sincerely hope that is not the case. I've only been playing for about a week now and so unfortunately (fortunately really) I have not found any real new bugs, and I would hate to miss an invite because I missed a month of testing. But I am ready for that promised "new content."

Very ready. :wink:

Agreed... Obviously those who started at the beginning of beta would have more bugs reported and community involvement than those of us that just got here recently... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Beta was a blast, folks... the debates over the severity of various bugs, the joy of finding an exploit ;) and watching voice chat slowly spread throughout the cavern will always rank as one of the funner experiences I've had in computer simulations.

I never got a chance to Beta in Uru Live version 1, but did get my Zandi invite relatively early in the process... early enough to see the progession of events as they occurred. I'm glad this new world is opening up for us... this is our chance to show the world that the great cavern was worth the wait... and worth the praise we showered upon it!

Though I may or may receive an invite into Rehearsal, I have great confidence that the type of perfectionist and demanding previewers that are needed for a project like that will definitely be findable by Cyan within these forums.

Congratulations all... see you on the other side! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:15 am 

The Ending of Things is the Beginning of Things,

Words are poor vessels to express the special privledge it has been to be a tiny part of a very special effort. If the dream has been to see life in the city and the cavern again, that has already happened, and in such a remarkable and wonderful community of sharing and caring, it has been a great gift to be part.

To everyone met and who helped ...thank you.
To Cyan, thank you for your commitment and communcation and for this chance.
Esp to GD, Lbell, eap and all the incredibly hard working there, good luck with the final polishing
And to Rand, just one word.... Amazing, and two more

Thank You.

crisger

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:35 am 

That was amazing to meet so many explorers and help seek out the bugs. I was so excited when invited into the beta...a first for me. It was also my first online gaming experience and how lucky I feel that I was part of it. Thank you a million times!

Will be hard to wait for the next exciting stages...hope to see the neighbours again soon 8)

BARB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 am 

I hope they save some of the more memorable posts for the future after the NDA has expired :D

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 am 

Thank you Cyan and everyone,

I just want to say thank you for the great experience that the Closed Beta has been. I have truly enjoyed the experience of helping to Beta test such a great game and I look forward to what the future brings for the Cavern. I look forward to see you all in the Cavern. Once again thank you for the great ride. *walks off into the sunset*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:40 am 

So now the end is near, and so we face the final curtain...

Shorah Closed Beta, this is hard to say but you were a good Beta :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:48 am 

Just saying my final farewell to this ol' forum, and I hope I'm one of the lucky few.

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:39 am 

Anor feanol a sidh uiréb

See you in the caverns in another live! :)

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next