It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:00 am 

This was my first beta testing experience, ever. I loved it and I will miss tuning in daily to see the latest threads.

- Thank you to all of you for making a newcomer feel welcome.

- Thank you to Cyan for inviting me to break your game. :)

- Thank you to everyone I've met so far for the warmth, the help in-game and the fascinating conversations.

The beta forums are dead.

Long live Uru Live!

Shorah.

- - - [Edit] - - -

Oh, and for old times sake, a la threadzilla...

First post on a new page!

:P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:30 am 

I too would like to say cheers to Cyan for this adventure. Its been a fantastic insight into your world.
I didn't think, when I got the beta confermation, that the process would be as troubled as it was.

I look forward to the next installment of the saga.

and again... cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 pm 

This has been the coolest, beta test ride, I've ever encountered.
Missed the first one for Cyan, by a frog's crawl.

I've waited for this for 3 long years, as everyone else has done.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world...Thank-You, Cyan and Gametap!

See you there :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I, for one, am glad to see the Beta come to an end...

No, not that I'm tired of it, nor have been chafing at the yoke placed on each of us as testers - but rather, because it signals the transition from chrysalis to butterfly for our favorite other-than-real-life experience.

I have my doubts that I'll be invited into the elite of Rehearsal testers, as I was never one of the most prolific bug-herders, nor was I ever very outspoken on this, or any forum.

When I received my invitation to join the beta group in August, it was a thrill beyond imagining that my "past involvement" had qualified me to become part of the team that would work to restore URU to life once again.

I never took much interest in the intrigue or games on the boards of who was "in," preferring to concentrate on spending time in the game, reporting what I saw to my handlers at Cyan, who frequently had personal messages for me among the technical communication. I felt very much invested in the process, and for that opportunity to participate, I thank everyone at Cyan.

I was never truly on my own, and cannot leave without expressing appreciation to those other members of the team who enriched my experience as a tester:

JWPlatt, for his "voice-of-sometimes-uncomfortable-reason" on the boards. His sharp eye and logic frequently cut through the drama on many threads, and I always looked to see what "JW" had to say.

SuperGram: for her leadership and mothering-nature. Unlike, JWPlatt, I had many opportunities to interact with her directly and found her to be a familiar face in a strange world. I appreciate her efforts and that she never failed to greet me.

TomanaGuy: for his puppy-like exhuberance. Here is a guy who should be the activities director on a cruise-ship somewhere. His enthusiasm, both before and after he finally (FINALLY!!) got in has never waned, and serves to remind us all of the first time any of us got to see the wonderful worlds Cyan has created.

There are many others, but my post is already too long to list you all. Just pride yourselves on knowing that everyone here has served in some way to enrich my experience, and that I am better for the opportunity to serve alongside you.

When the curtain rises on Myst Online URU Live, and we find ourselves looking at the cavern, no longer through the eyes of insiders, I hope our sense of comraderie can be maintained with an occasional wink or knowing glance as we pass each other in the Cavern.

With Appreciation,
Keith Fink / HeadCheese

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:10 pm 

HeadCheese wrote:
I was never truly on my own, and cannot leave without expressing appreciation to those other members of the team who enriched my experience as a tester:

I want to add

D'Lanor
for his insider knowledge about game internals. Sometimes he seemed to know more about the game than the developers.

Ireen & zam
for a lot of fun in game and for showing the rest of world that we are different than WoW. We have real women (tm) and these women are doing a responsible job very good.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:00 pm 

Phew Finlay got this section of the forum all backed up on Hard Drive/Dvd and ready to add last pages/posts as they come to hand
then lock it away for 3 years (Or longer) :D
Thanks all for this magical journey and cant wait for the next. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you Cyan and GameTap for the opportunity to be part of bringing back to life this much loved place. It has been a wonderful experience, and I cherish it.

Now, I'm looking forward to the real thing. See you all in Cavern!

Bye /wave

Thank You!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

*waves goodbye to the Beta forums*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:44 pm 

Even though I was invited to Beta on Build 9, and missed all the new content and all the fun bugging (even though I still put tickets in, "We are aware of this bug...blah, blah, blah, Keep up the good work!") I am Happy to be able to take advantage of testing for Cyan!

So, Thank You, Cyan! Wish all the luck to the new Myst Online, and I hope to see everyone in the Cavern!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:07 pm 

U think the it be closed by now, but maybe it won't be closed or will it...

I hope it doesn't :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moving on... growing up... leaving mammy and daddy... call it what you will. We are leaving home and entering a new Age :D

I had a blast in this forum and will miss visiting it every day. Now that my cue of tickets is shrinking fast (Cyan is really keeping up the pace) I'm slowly getting detached. It's reassuring that I will see you all again in the other forums and after the 20th. But shhhhttt about beta ;)

I can't wait to see it all unfold and have confidence after this intense period of testing. I will check my e-mail hourly for a rehearsal invitation. Maybe if we are lucky we'll meet again there!! Or not :D

First beta was great!! Rehearsal was great!! Prologue was great!! But this beta was the best!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 pm 

I can't say how sorry I was when Uru ended the first time, and then to find out that Uru was coming back! And then to be invited into the closed beta!! Oh my goodness! My family has suffered a bit but I have had a really good time looking for bugs and learning how to ticket an upload to the FTP site, meeting new people and trying figure out "The Thing". I learned how to do some new cool things with computers and voice chat is so much fun. Thanks Cyan for letting me in and putting up with my wild speculations. Good luck everybody and I hope to see you in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:20 pm 

This was my first Beta, and now it's over.

I had a deal with my brother letting me go on the computer to test URU whenever I wanted. So long free Uru time :(

This was an awesome experience. I had to pinch myself back when the City was open, and I met Whil and Kedri and talked. They had both gotten in the same time as me (Round 5), and none of us could believe this wasn't D'mala. I still have to shake myself sometimes and remind myself this isn't the Slacker's Shard or D'mala. This is real. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6