It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:24 am 

Ok so I got into the BETA in early November but I had to move house at the end of the month and as such lost my internet connection and could not play up until now. Problem is I can no longer run the game as it just sits on "Checking for patcher update" forever.

Did something change?. I cant sign up with gametap as I am in Australia so how do international players get on?.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Did you just start trying today? Uru Live is down until Wednesday. (That's Wednesday in New Mexico time.) I don't know what time they closed it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:48 am 

They closed it at about 2:00 PST. I'd imagine they'll open it back up at or before that time Wednesday since that's the pseudo-launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 am 

Oh ok thanks, So I'm fine with my current build of the game and it will update when the servers are back up?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:43 am 
Obduction Backer

If your build is out of date, it will auto-patch when you launch the app on Wednesday. Just don't expect to get in until about mid-day Pacific Time (I say mid-day because I doubt the only thing Cyan has to do Wednesday is hit the power button on the server when they get to the office ;)).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

remember you are still bound by the beta NDA so you shouldn't really have said you got in :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Fallen, things did change significantly on 11/18. At that point Cyan switched over to the GameTap servers and you have to get a new client from there. The old one (which you are probably trying to run) won't be able to auto-update since it's looking for the old, defunct server.

Everyone was also required to sign up for a free GameTap beta account, which allowed you to download an updated stand-alone client. The stand-alone client works for both US & Canada, and certain other countries (including Australia). Your GameTap login id is then used to log into the game (not the email address used before).

You should have been sent an email on Nov 18 (and/or Nov 28) describing how to register on GameTap and download the client. These free beta accounts were available to certain countries besides US/Canada, including Australia. However, it's not clear whether the free beta accounts are still available, or going to be available after the 20th.

Even though the game servers are currently down, you should be able to register at GameTap and (hopefully) download the installer, assuming the beta accounts are still available.

To summarize, if the last time you downloaded the game installer was before Nov 18, your build is out of date. Australian players will need to get the standalone version of the game; if you did not (or cannot) sign up for the free GameTap beta account, you'll have to wait for paid access to go live for your country. There's an ongoing discussion regarding that here

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]