It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:57 pm 

when clearing the logs before the game, do you have to go in and delete them manually, or has someone written a little macro to do it? Just asking cuz I'm lazy... :roll:

~Rils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think you have to delete them manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:50 pm 

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I have already submitted several tickets without logs attached, but I'll be sure to do so in the future, and if I run across a bug I've already submitted, I'll log it and send it in.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you can duplicate your bug, Owehn, you should be able to send your log as an attachment to your existing ticket. Don't create two new entries on the support database for the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 pm 

Right, that was my intention. Good tip though. :)

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Addendum to the List of common known bugs in the first post of this thread:
- There seems to be two different city instances (so far). It may happen, that you are in Ae'gura and a buddy is also in the same place but you can't see each other and you also can't chat over the "Age Player" with each other (only via PM). This doesn't mean that one of you is invisible, it's just that you are in a different instance of that age.
There still is no official word from Cyan about this bug, but it seems that an instance of Ae'gura is assigned directly to an new avatar. Please also consult the city instances and Ae'gura bug list threads in the Beta Game Discussion forum for more information about this bug.

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:13 pm 

Once, Ural, Cameron and I were in the Kadish Gallery. We had previously seen each other, so we knew our avvies all belonged to the same instance. But I could only see Ural and myself, Cameron could only see Ural and himself, and Ural could see all three of us. Furthermore, we each could collide with Ural, but not with each other. We were all on the Age players list, however, so we were able to communicate that way.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Ahhah - this resembles the old ghost stories of Uru Prologue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Here's a little tip relating to /dumplogs. Some have suggested clearing your log manually before starting Uru Live Beta. I clear the log from time to time by using the command /dumplogs clearlog. That empties the log and allows me to go bug hunting with a clean slate (ooh, Myst V reference) :lol:

I don't mind replacing the contents of clearlog, since it's not being created to send with a bug report. Now if I happen to come across a bug where a fallen tree is opaque, I'll need to find a new name for my clearlog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:07 am 

Actually, I don't think /dumplog empties the Log folder. It's specifically designed that way so that the Cyantists can see where you've been since you started your session, instead of just from the last bug.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:40 am 
Obduction Backer

No, it doesn't clear the folder, just copies the current files to your specified filename...

However, it does allow for them to look for the bug at the end of the files in the "dumplog", so it cuts down some time there... and does the same for each successive /dumplog invocation. It gives them a "starting point" for the given bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Hi...

Hi, maybe we can collect some questions and answers concerning the new ticket procedures as of Update 8, 06-10-24 and Modi could modify and incorporate them into his intial post?

Question: What should I focus testing on?

Answers:
A) Serious bugs, "write up only urgent bugs / puzzle breakage bugs or serious game play issues from this point on."

B) Physics related bugs.
Quote:
Like some of our previous versions, some areas to test would be any areas that have step up requirements or kickables (stairs , rocks, doorways, baskets, etc). Additionally please look for new places where your avatar can get stuck or encounter unusual bouncing behavior.
The frog dance animation has been fixed with this version. Please re-visit those areas you encountered this before to check for any side affects. Please remember to close your tickets related to this issue if you verify it no longer occurs.
(see release notes).

C) Check if old bugs with open tickets still apply, if the bug is gone, we should close the ticket with a note " No longer occurring in build 8". (reference).

D) Concerning connection error bugs:
Quote:
Some progress has been made for users that were getting constant disconnects. If you currently have a bug associated with the disconnects, please re-test and provide additional information on your current bug reports. If you no longer have disconnect issues, please close your existing bugs related to this.
(see release notes).

I have a question...

Old closed tickets with bugs that - after current testing -
- obviously have not been resolved
- and are NOT mentioned in the *Update 8* Fix List,
- NOR mentioned in the release notes under "known issues"...

They're in the database anyway, so we leave them closed, right?
We should only re-open old closed tickets, if the issue reoccurs as of now AND it is listed on the *Update 8* FIX LIST, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 pm 

Does anyone know if Windows 2000 users are still suppose to submit tickets?

I tried searching the forum for the answer but too many links came up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:48 pm 

Heya everybody!

I finally got time to beta test again and (as I can't beta test right now :P ) also to update the beta guide.

Thanks go to ireen who helped me a lot updating the guide and cleaning it up. Thank you, ireen!

Now I would like to hear your comments on this guide - please send me as much feedback about the guide as possible... did I miss anything important? Should I add more information about something?

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=858

Thanks to everyone in advance. :)

Modi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:50 am 

Would you please add something about the Build 10 logs so new explorers know where to find them, and since they are now dated, should we still rename them, etc?

TY

Kate

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next