It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:21 pm 

Cyan arbeitet an einem Mac Client basierend auf Cider und scheint auch an einem Linux Client basierend auf Cedega zu denken. Beide Produkte stammen von TransGaming und ermöglichen das einfache portieren von Windows Spielen auf Mac und Linux.

Mac client:
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2055

Greydragon wrote:
Dear Beta Explorer,

Thank you for helping us improve Myst Online: Uru Live. We greatly appreciate your continued input and discretion.

As you are probably aware, we want to make Uru Live available to as many people as possible, so we are very happy that we have recently been given the opportunity to work toward making Uru Live available to Intel Macintosh users.

We are writing to you now because we want to begin testing on that platform as soon as possible. So, if you have an Intel Mac and would be interested in testing Uru Live on it, please email [email protected] with your name, email address, and the specifications of your Intel Mac. Please be sure to include your graphic card’s information. We will be selecting a number of you to help us with this.

Please note: This information is highly confidential and is covered by your non-disclosure agreement with us. Do not mention this exciting development outside of the beta forum on the Uru Live site.

We look forward to hearing from any Intel Mac owners out there in beta-land.

Thank you,

Linux client:
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8974#38974

pigbristles wrote:
J'on wrote:
I suspect that Cyan won't support Linux as soon (if ever).

Greydragon showed up in Ae'gura last evening and had all sorts of interesting news. Hopefully someone with the presence of mind to capture a chatlog (i.e., not me) might post it. Of relevance to this discussion, he said (going from memory), "The Mac port was not the beast we imagined..." followed by some comments that I don't recall precisely but left me with the impression they're looking closely at other (presumably Intel-based) platforms besides Mac and XP. Without implying such a thing might exist, he asked if anyone there could beta-test a hypothetical Linux port. At least one explorer (I forget who) acknowledged, very enthusiastically!

All this sounds very encouraging for those who are limited for one reason or another to a non-XP platform.

Das sind gute Nachrichten :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:31 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Danke fürs Zusammenstellen, Tiran.
Wer also einen Intel Mac hat (und in der Beta ist, die Info fällt unter die NDA), kann sich bei GD unter der oben angegebenen Adresse melden um zu testen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:57 pm 

UPDATE:

Mit etwas hängen, würgen und gutem Zureden bekommt man URU Live Beta unter Linux zum Laufen. Dazu braucht man eine sehr aktuelle Version von WINE (am besten eine Entwicklerversion selbst übersetzt) und eine unterstütze Grafikkarte mit 3d Beschleunigung. Ich habe gute Erfahrungen mit NVidia und den Closed Source NVidia Treibern gemacht.

Anleitung und Hinweise unter: http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]