It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:23 pm 

Is there a knack as to where to make the leap of faith from the platform onto the pipe. I either go flying back to Relto or land on a smaller pipe... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:38 pm 

You don't need to jump to the pipe, just walk off the edge on to it! It works best for me in 1st person to gauge where I'm going, just look straight down and you should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:55 pm 

thanks, will try that . Was about to have last go when game disconnected.....grrrrrrr. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]As Rils wrote, there's no need to jump. You can simply drop to the pipe.

There is another way to get to the Bahro door: walk back to the end of the corridor from which you entered this part of Kadish Tolesa. From here you can jump to the ledge; this is best done in first person, looking down so that you don't fall off the edge and can aim for the ledge.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Jo'han on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:00 am 

Yup, that's a good point. In fact, that's how I did it for the longest time - just run and jump off the edge of the walkway where you first enter the vault area. It wasn't until quite some time later I learned you could actually walk the pipe down there... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:33 am 

Rils wrote:
Yup, that's a good point. In fact, that's how I did it for the longest time - just run and jump off the edge of the walkway where you first enter the vault area. It wasn't until quite some time later I learned you could actually walk the pipe down there... :oops:

A bit easier on the legs, no? Though that drop in Gahreesen is still a killer. Maybe the DRC will put in a walkway for us? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 am 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]Well, I have to say that this is the first time that I have heard of reaching the Bahro door by walking down the pipes! (I assume you mean the supports for the vault).

I've alwaysd just jumped off at the end of the corridor.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:47 am 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]I never jumped from by the door until I found out a couple of months ago that it was possible. I jump onto the pipe from just by the opener puzzle.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm 

In 3rd person view you can turn around and walk backwards, seeing quite clearly where you will land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

I always walked the pipes, with my heart pounding out of my chest. I only learned of the ledge jump in Until Uru, but doing the ages with my buddies. Multi-player ages is the coolest thing about this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you're really daring, you can jump onto other pipes too! Quite fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:31 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Fascinating how different people see different solutions to same problem :) I've always been a "pipe man" - the thought of jumping never occurred to me 'til I read this.

[spoiler]Which reminds me that in Eder Kemo, I used to always get the Relto page from ledge by wedging myself between the small "puffing" plant and the face of the ledge. A well timed jump got a boost from the plant as it puffed and you could scramble up. Sometimes this took several tries. Then someone said "Nah, you jump from here onto that rock then over onto the ledge"... "REALLY??? :shock: :oops: "[/spoiler]

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

LOL!
[spoiler]I used to jump from the wall onto the standing stone, or walk up the standing stone, then jump to the ledge. I only discovered your "regular" method today by accident![/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 pm 

I just love all the different solutions! It never occured to me to jump the ledge.....I first saw the pipe and naturally assumed I should go that way so I did even though my heart was in my throat the whole time I inched my way across the void! Just goes to show there are more than just one way to solve a puzzle!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Back in the days of playing Uru:CC on my computer, I had problems getting to that page. I was told there was a rumor of doing the way that Mac_Fife showed. I tried unsuccessfully and never knew it had ever been done. Way to go! But then, this is now off-topic.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next