It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 am 
Obduction Backer

The Archiver, as I'm sure many here know, is a monthly PDF news and resource publication produced by The Cavern Today. We are currently looking to increase the size of the staff working on the project for several reasons, and are thus putting out an open call to the community to help out.

Reporters will need to have a basic command of the English language, as that is the publication's primary target (and because I only speak English myself ;)). You will also need to be able to work under a deadline, which ideally will be two to three weeks, but in a pinch, could be as short as a couple of days, depending on how Cavern events stack up against the publication schedule.

Ideally, those interested would be able to help gather reports from In-Cavern, attending events, interviewing other attendees during or after the fact, and generally keeping their finger on the pulse of the Cavern. Those who would like to report on goings-on in the community at large (say, on other forums, for instance) are also welcome to join the staff; The Archiver is designed to cover more than just Uru Live, though obviously that is a very large part of what goes on in the community these days.

Photographers should ideally be able to run Uru at a decent resolution (1024x768), with at least minimal anti-aliasing enabled. While inset photographs may be less strict on this requirement, anything that will be full-page in size needs to be fairly large to maintain visual quality.

We are also looking for anybody who is willing to translate The Archiver into other languages. I'd like to at least get French and German translations back, but I would also welcome a Dutch translation team, as well as anyone else who would be willing to translate the content of The Archiver into their native language.

If you are interested in joining The Archiver's staff, please post in this topic of The Cavern Today's forum so that we can add you to the team ASAP.

Thank you :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:58 pm 

Lovely. I'll post there as soon as possible, but there's a lot of bureaucracy. In the mean time, I'd like to make it known that I'd like to be a photographer.

EDIT: Even more lovely... I've been denied an account. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Will join as soon as i can post as well. Already have some shots of last weeks up on the roof and ive been talking to the guys spearheading the Kahlo Pub restoration movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 pm 

I'm very interested in reporting for your Cavern Times!
Just tell me what the next steps are and I'm on my way!!!

Stephy KI #03327876
Dani'ka KI #0433161
Paul VQ KI #05456188

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:00 pm 

Stephy wrote:
I'm very interested in reporting for your Cavern Times!
Just tell me what the next steps are and I'm on my way!!!

As he said, post a reply to the topic on The Cavern Today's forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll be happy to do photography if needed. I'm on mostly during the day however... and can only be on at night over the weekends. [sat-sun] Thats EST... soon to be EDT lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:14 am 

Is registering in that forum really needed?

There are way too many Uru forums :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:31 am 

Well, basically, most of our discussion and the like happens on the TCT forums, so if you were going to join the Archiver, you would have to register an account there sooner or later anyway.

What's one more forum in the grand scheme of things anyway? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:56 am 
Obduction Backer

As Narym said, registration on the TCT forums is needed because that's where we do all of the organization and planning for each issue of The Archiver. We also make use of a Wiki for content development, which you'll need to register for; Once you've been added to the Archiver team group, you'll have access to the planning forums, and there will be instructions posted there for how to sign up for that.

I do apologize for making the whole registration thing required, but it's the only way to be able to keep in contact with everyone :).

Also, Maratanos, I noticed that you did post in the thread; if you're still having login/registration problems, let me know, and I'll pass it along. I'm not actually in charge of the forum there, so anything problematic needs to be passed on to Miles or Anthony. I do try and keep things bureaucracy-free, but it creeps in at times simply because of how distributed this project and The Cavern Today are. Virtual offices are like herding cats ;).

Last edited by Alahmnat on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:09 pm 

Alahmnat wrote:
As Narym said, registration on the TCT forums is needed because that's where we do all of the organization and planning for each issue of The Archiver. We also make use of a Wiki for content development, which you'll need to register for; Once you've been added to the Archiver team group, you'll have access to the planning forums, and there will be instructions posted there for how to sign up for that.

I do apologize for making the whole registration thing required, but it's the only way to be able to keep in contact with everyone :).

Also, Maratanos, I noticed that you did post in the thread; if you're still having login/registration problems, let me know, and I'll pass it along. I'm not actually in charge of the forum there, so anything problematic needs to be passed on to Miles or Anthony. I do try and keep things bureaucracy-free, but it creeps in at times simply because of how distributed this project and The Cavern Today are. Virtual offices are like herding cats ;).

No, Anthony resolved it for me, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:25 am 

Er... I'd be interested in the photography part too, but I'm not sure if my images are up to par... I use Hypersnap 6 to take screenshots, but my graphics card isn't as good as many of the folks who came forward on the TCT site.... :cry:

I just uploaded a bunch of new ones on my blog....

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:52 pm 

bpgisme wrote:
Er... I'd be interested in the photography part too, but I'm not sure if my images are up to par... I use Hypersnap 6 to take screenshots, but my graphics card isn't as good as many of the folks who came forward on the TCT site.... :cry:

I just uploaded a bunch of new ones on my blog....

-Bonnie

That's not bad, but the images I've seen so far through my work on the Archiver were a lot higher resolution... Just so you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:37 pm 

Yeah... That's what I was afraid of. I've got them set at 1024x768 300dpi. Best I can do with the system I have. Oh well. I don't suppose my real photography would be of much use. :shock: :lol: Nah....

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very Pretty Bonnie. : )

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:59 am 

Thanks, Sharaya! :D

-Bonnie