It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Updated December 7, 2006

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67780#67780

Simplified Update for Build 1.390 As of November 17, 2006, edited 12/6/06

Thanks Rils :D
Many design elements of the Hoods are assigned randomly when it is created. This includes the Hand/Seret lamps, the Gahreesen stained glass, and the presence of things such as paper lamps, a clock, and tree fungus. If you create a hood, delete it, and recreate a new one, it will have a different look. That way you can kinda customize your hood to just the way you want it, providing you have enough time to sit and create/delete hoods till you get just what you want...

Thank you Whilyam :wink:
In this build you don't have an issue with getting a link to the Ferry Terminal in your personal Nexus book.

Another fun bug. Walk up the ropes on your Relto bridge and levitate over the middle island 8)

This is probably a bug, but you can jump the volcano fence in Rainy Cleft and walk about halfway up the side of the volcano before falling through the void and panic linking to Relto.

The Spy room link is back! You can find the Bahro Stone in the hidden niche in Teledahn. The Spy room has a linking book back to the Baron's City Office.

You can get a first month T-shirt on the DRC table at the first landing of the Great Staircase in Ae'gura.

The bridge is back in Ae'gura!

In addition to the Christmas tree in the Baron's City Office there is a nice menorah on the Takotah rooftop. (Thanks Rils :) )

Relto has a rotating set of stones over the stone 'fire pit' that appeared in Build 9. Each rotating stone represents one of the Bahro Poles you get from Yeesha in the Bahro Cave. Its purpose is unknown but it doesn't seem to be a simple memorial to your Cleft experience since you still have your Cleft pillars to look at.

Gira baskets behave MUCH better.

The gear jumps in Gahreesen are MUCH easier.

Easy to jump over the lower Bevin balcony now.

You can jump onto the lower ledge under the journey cloth hidden behind the door in the Cleft.

You no longer get a City Links book from using the linking book to the Kadish Gallery in the Kadish Vault.

The hard hat from Takohta Rooftop can be customized to nearly any color you want it to be. But it turns your hair grey when you pick it up!

The Baron's City Office is now a public area.

These Bahro Stones create book links now:
Prisoner's Cell - creates link in Gahreesen book - found in Teledahn War Schroom
Future Kadish Vault - creates link in Kadish book - found in Kadish Vault Room
Empty Schroom Top - creates link in Teledahn book - found in the Baron's City Office
Lower Bevin Balcony - creates link in Bevin book - found in Eder Kemo

Thanks Lyssa :)
Per Lyssa (thanks for the update :) ) Just wanted to add that in Eder Kemo, I was able to run up the ledge wall then jump to get on the ledge and grab the Relto page. I could only do this on the side with the puffers where we usually climb the rock to get to the ledge.

Thanks Larelian :)
Apparently, the 'super jump' from Takotah Rooftop still allows you to enter Ae'gura above the Great Stair barracade. Thanks to Larelian for this info and helping me get over the wall :D
Walk, don't run, up to the space between the table and stack of crates near the link-in point. Switch to first person and look down at the lamp on the crates. You will notice the image vibrating. Slowly turn towards the lamp, but not so much that the vibrating image stops. You can make minor adjustments with the arrow keys to keep the image vibrating. Eventually you will be send upwards in a 'super jump.' You cannot force your landing site, but sometimes you end up on top of the wall or over the wall and into Ae'gura. If you end up on top of the wall you can jump down into Ae'gura. This takes a while because all jumps are not equal, but it does work!

You should be able to get working nexus links back into the main plaza. They didn't register the first time for me, but they did on my second attempt.

Thanks LdyDrgn :)
You can go up the Teledahn elevator without checking on the floor grate in the lower Shroom first.

Thanks Tofer :)
The closing credits book has been updated, finally Ubisoft is gone!!!

Another blantant ripoff from another thread:) - Maps links

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3131

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3131

Update for Build 9 - I haven't finished yet, so much is still to be discovered!

Lots of stuff is closed off :(
Basicly everything in Ae'gura above the Great Stair.
The Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal linking books are gone from Bevin.
There is no longer a link to the Great Zero Observation room in the Nexus.
The Bahro Stone to Teledahn where you find the Relto Page for the docks is missing in Ae'gura.

Miscelaneous interesting new stuff:
The GameTap intro has changed. It is silent and says "GameTap Original"
Lots of new advertizing and special interest T-shirt logos.
You are forced to finish Cleft before you can visit Ae'gura because you don't get a link in the nexus book until you finish the Cleft.

Beginning Relto:
3 islands
Circular "ring" with an unknown purpose
One Pillar with a linking book to the Cleft
One book on the shelf, to Bevin

Beginning Cleft:
There is a new fire ring and lawn chair near Zandie's trailor. There is a new Relto page for 2 bridges, one to the small island and one from the small island to a larger island. There is a spiral pattern on the larger island now and it appears to be the same pattern as the Build 8 journey cloths in Eder Tsogal. There is an obvious spot on the small island for an undiscovered bridge to fit;)
Relto Page for the 4 pillars - same location

Bevin:
Only 2 linking books, one to Gahreesen and one to the Nexus.
The Bevin imagers now work!

Beginning Gahreesen:
You are blocked from exploration beyond the Ki machine until you finish Cleft now. The limited book in Bevin is a public book intended specifically for getting your Ki ASAP.
Bahro Stone to the Upper Bevin Balcony - same location
Nexus Terminal

Later Gahreesen:
Relto page for Logs and Stones - same location
Bahro Stone for rectangular Ae'gura balcony - same location
This is your private version from the Bahro pillar and is open beyond the Ki machine.

Early Teledahn:
Can't make the elevator go up to the Baron's Bedroom until after you have explored the slave cave. Possibly you only have to go down to check on the hatch door, but I haven't check on that.

Later Teledahn:
Relto Page for new hut roof - in same location
Christmas tree in the Baron's City Office
Bahro Stone to ShroomTop - same location
Nexus book - same location
Bahro Stone to Gahreesen's prisoner cell where you get the Relto Page for the Waterfall- same location
Still no tie dye t-shirt :(
Hidden Shelf: You can open the hidden shelf in the slave shroom. You need to be sure the wooden walkway and the metal walkway are down. When the single outer door is up, the hidden shelf is closed, when its down, the hidden shelf is open. The secret code of 3,1,4 does not seem to matter. The trick is to walk around and open the inner double door and close the outer single door after you walk through all three chambers and fix the walkways. Then you enter the third chamber from the outside walkway and will see the shelf open, but empty:(

Kadish:
Bahro Stone to curved balcony in Ae'gura - same location
Linking book to Kadish Gallery - same location - This gives you a more private instance of the age now.
Relto Page for tree - same location
Kadish Vault:
Bahro Stone to "future" vault
Linking book to Kadish Gallery - using this gives you the City Links Book for the City Instance of the Gallery where you can see city chat!
Future Vault:
Lots of clues left in pieces of notes, including what seems to be a Myst Island fireplace code
Relto page for butterflies - same place

Eder Gira:
Linking Book for Eder Kemo - same place
Nexus terminal - same place
Bahro Stone for Takotah rooftop - You can get a white hardhat now (I know they look orange, but they really are white)
I keep collecting feathers in my pocket, but my pocket seems to be the size of a feather bed and has yet to become filled!

Eder Kemo:
Bahro Stone for lower Bevin balcony - same place
Linking book to Eder Gira
Relto Page for hut decor - same place and much easier to get now:)
Bugs can be taken back to Relto again :)

Shameless theft from another posting: :oops:

Quote:
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:29 pm Post subject: Using a Old Prologue Exploit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was thinking about ways to get into the eggroom to see if the Bahro stones were there, I remembered an old exploit we used during the days of the prologue to get into the Egg Room when we were trying to get that last marker. It involved jumping from the balcony in such a way you landed on the ledge just above the private room door. Then you could just walk right in.
Well the exploit is still there, but you have to go about it a different way Instead of jumping off the balcony, you just link to the Classroom rooftop via the Kemo Bahro Stone. Then it's an easy jump to the ledge, and presto:

ftp://wheely:[email protected]/Ashtar/Exploit_1.jpg

ftp://wheely:[email protected]/Ashtar ... Person.jpg

ftp://wheely:[email protected]/Ashtar ... Person.jpg

ftp://wheely:[email protected]/Ashtar/Exploit_3.jpg

Sorry to say, the DRC were not hiding any Bahro stones in there yet. But if they were, I would be in the Tokotah Courtyard going "Neener, Neener" So if Cyan wants to make sure that nobody can get into the Egg Room with the door closed, I would suggest raising the collision plane just above the Private Room door so it can't be jumped. Just don't put any markers down below that we have to jump down to from that location The only marker I was aware of you had to jump the ledge to get was not far from the Classroom door.

Ashtar

RR_Caz

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey thanks Ash, using your technique three of us just met up in the rooms,... cool.

My procedure for getting it almost every try:

1) Link to classroom roof
2) stand tucked in to the corner formed by the roof parapet and the keystone closest to the private rooms (back up into corner)
3) rotate to face the ledge above the door below
4) take two sidesteps left
5) minor rotation adjustment to face ledge center (best guess)
6) quick run-jump forward
7) if you land on the ledge DO NOT WALK, you may fall off, first...
8.) rotate to face the door/corridor center
9) walk forward,
...and drop in!

shorah

Previously:
I have finally made it through most, if not all, of the posts here and nowhere I have run across a comprehensive list of goodies to be found in-game or any sort of beta-player made guide to the ages. So here is what I have found so far: please feel free to add other info:)

Starting point Relto: Its best to visit the Cleft pillar before using the Bevin book and getting your KI if you want to finish the game (Relto now has 3 islands!)

Updated for build 8

Cleft: Beginning
Relto page for Book Pillars (on old book pedestal inside the tree)
7 Journey Cloths
Zandi

Cleft: Ending
Yeesha
Yeesha Shirt Reward
Tomanah book Reward

Cleft: Rainy
Relto page for Rain
Zandi Shirt
Goggles

Relto: Beginning
Bevin Book
Pillar for Cleft
3 islands

Relto: Ending
Bevin Book
Nexus Book
City Linking Book
Cleft Book
Gahreesen Book
Teledahn Book
Kadish Book
Eder Gira Book
Eder Kemo Book
Book Describing the first ages
Bugs from kemo (optional)
4 poles or 1 (optional)
Relto Pages found taking the Journey:
Rain-Rainy Cleft
Tree-Kadish
Rocks and Logs-Gahreesen
Hut Decor-Eder Kemo
Hut Roof-Teledahn
Waterfall-Gahreesen Prisoner's Cell
Bench-Eder Delin

Bevin:
Nexus Book
Gahreesen Book
Delin or Tsogal Book

Garrison:
Ki Machine
Nexus Terminal
Bahro Stone to Upper Bevin Balcony
Relto page for Logs & Stones (in crack in floor)
3 Journey Cloths in Main building
1 Journey Cloth in "Wall" building
1 Journey Cloth on rock pillar
2 Journey Cloths in Prisoner Cell link from Teledahn Bahro Stone
Bahro Cave
Prisoner's Cell:
Relto page for waterfall

Teledahn:
Shroomie
Bahro Stone to Garrison prisoner's cell With the Relto page for the waterfall (on a stone cot)
Relto page for hut roof (in the bedroom behind a crate)
Linking book to the Baron's City Office in Fish Tank
7 Journey Cloths
Bahro Cave
Baron's City Office:
Linking book to Teledahn
Bahro Stone to top of Teledahn mushroom
Nexus Terminal in Baron's Bedroom

Eder Kemo:
Relto page for hut decor (on the grass covered ledge) Can now climb rock to get to page but must still hover over invisible area to right of rock to make the jump.
Bugs
4 Journey Cloths
Bahro Cave
Bahro Stone to Lower Bevin Balcony

Eder Gira;
Invisible Feather in your pocket (last cave room)
Bahro Stone to Takotah Rooftop
Linking book to Eder Kemo
Nexus Terminal
3 Journey Cloths

Kadish:
Bahro stone to Curved City Balcony
Linking book to the Kadish Art Gallery
Relto page for a tree (on a ledge in near the pyramid area)
7 Journey Cloths
Bahro Cave
Linking Book to Kadish Gallery in Vault

Eder Tsogal:
Linking book to Bevin
7 new Spiral Journey Cloths (non-working)

Eder Delin:
Relto page for bench (on a bench)(you can sit on it facing away from Relto)
Linking Book to Bevin
Rock to someday place a linking stone

Great Zero Observation:
Marker Machine for 15 Green Markers
Nexus Terminal

Great Zero:
Marker Machine for 15 Red Markers
Nexus Terminal

Ae'gura:
Nexus Terminals:
Ferry: Dock page is itermittantly available again in tunnel next to this terminal!
Takotah Alley
Palace Alcove
Concert Hall Foyer
Closed Buildings:
Museum
Library
Concert Hall
The Great Curtain
Bridge is out again

Missing Goodies:
Island Page-Bevin
Butterfly Page-Kadish Vault
Sun and Moons Page-Cleft Imager ruins
Imager Page-Great Zero

Tie Dye Shirt-Teledahn
Pith Helmet-Eder Gira
Hard Hat-Takotah Rooftop
Advertizing T-shirts (Except Adult Swim for men)

Clue to Myst fireplace-Kadish Vault

Link to top of Kadish pyramid-Behind Library
Link to Empty Kadish Vault-Kadish Vault
Link to Myst Island-Empty Kadish Vault

Tweek's marker List:
Quote:
This is off the top of my head here and some are in hard to describe locations.

Marker Locations

Hood:
Audiotorium
Center light sphere of Light Garden
Lower waterfall walkway (next to the stairs with spot lights)
Classroom
Prayer Chambers (Egg Room)
Lower Balcony
Upper Balcony
total: 7

D'ni
Gonna split this into subsections;
Ferry Terminal
Behind Gate next to Bahro Stone in Ferry Terminal
Mid Ferry Terminal Courtyard
Far Side Ferry Terminal (aka Dock)
total: 3

Great Stair
Halfway up the great stair outside the cracked entrance to the tunnel that leads to Kahlo tavern
Inside Kahlo Tavern
Outside Kahlo Tavern (if your facing the entrance to the actual pub turn around and walk to the door on the wall behind you

Tokotah Courtyard
On the ledge directly above Tokotah Alley Nexus book.
Amoungst the crates on top of the Tokotah building
The back "window" (not the one with the telescope) on top of the Tokotah Building
left corner of Museum entrance (look to the museum entrance then left)
Behind canvas covering the tunnel to the Guild Hall (Stand at the top of the Great Stairs facing Keraths Arch then turn 180 and walk till you hit it)
Sharpers Office (gonna count this here as its above the courtyard)
total: 6

The Palace
On palace balcony overlooking Tokoth Courtyard
On balcony overlooking the Canyon District ("strip mall")
Hidden behind Palace door - Head from the tokotah courtyard up to the hall of kings and out the other side proceed to the right wall and walk down the stairs till you see a door.

T Junction & Rope Bridge
Walking from the palace to the library stay on the left hand side of the T junction walkway.
Jump the barriers to access the area where the rope bridge was, make sure you are not on the side closest to the concert hall, drop down and grab it (be quick).
total: 2

Library
Walking from the T junction to the library say on the left side of the walkway until you hit it (its near the corner before going down the stairs into the library courtyard
total: 1

Canyon District ("strip mall") & Concert Hall Foyer:
From the concert hall walk down to the canyon district, after descending the first set of steps you will come to a level path bit walk to the left side of the path to see it (marker is currently bugged so you can always see it)

Kadish Gallery
The bigger of the 2 cracks (drop down and walk over to it)

Great Zero:
Great Zero Antechamber
Great Zero courtyard (down the stairs turn left and left again to double back on your self and go down the little alley on the side of the stairs)
total: 2

Grand Total: 30
Hope this helps

Please feel free to add other info or corrections:)

Other cool things that impressed me (more will come):
1. The sound of my footsteps grows louder the more I move into the image, getting loudest while in first person!
2. Zandillo County license plate 8)
3. Really nice fly over zoom of Zandi's trailer when linking in from Relto using the journey cloth on his trailer.
4. One red hand image on private books and double grey hand image on books meant to be shared.
5. the pale cyan color used for the Cleft hand image.
6. The fabulous double 3/4 moons at night in Eder Gira - awesome sight!
7. At night the plants in Eder Gira look exceptional. The jewel tones are beautiful!
8. The rain is back in Eder Kemo :D
9. I see a new "ugly bug thing" at the link-in point in Eder Kemo. Scary...
10. Before you finish the Cleft age you can use the Relto page for pillars to toggle between four and one pillars 8)
11. Esder Tsogal has dandelion fluff!
12. The artistry and logic of the Kadish puzzles are outstanding! I love the subtle changes I see, or perhaps didn't see the first time or two through
13. Not sure if this is new, but for the first time ever I noticed that you can actually see the journey cloth behind the sign when you first arrive in the desert!
14. When you click on "Create Visitor" you get a very nice little message saying that you are an "Explorer" :)
15. Nice new loading animation!
16. Beautiful clear book illustrations!!!!
17. the sound of real birds in Eder Delin :)
18. New book sharing logo, matches the hands on the book shelf
19. GameTap logo[/quote]

Last edited by Texana on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:37 am, edited 66 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you get the Relto page for rain in the dry Cleft? That seems like a bug. Or is that after finishing the journey? In that case it should be available in both Clefts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:05 pm 

please tell where you exactly found that all, so we all can "test" it :D

btw. its goggles, google is everlasting too but you wont find it in the cleft :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 pm 
Cyan Employee

Texana wrote:
Relto page for Sun & Moon

This is a bug

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
Texana wrote:

This is a bug

Well, maybe, but I'm not giving mine back. Vault wipe me all you want, you can't have it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:02 pm 

greydragon wrote:
Texana wrote:

This is a bug

anyways its a great page, and the actual seems to be something about birds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:31 pm 

yeah but it hasn't added any birds, or anything to my relto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:40 pm 

it hasnt? there should be a small sun on one side and 2 moons on the other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Updated with suggestions and comments. Did I miss anything important?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:41 am 

oh yeah those are there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:33 am 

Quote:
Relto page for Rocks & Stones (in floor crack)

isnt it logs & stones? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

sitcks'n'stones may break my bones... *scnr* :-D

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Hey, have any of you found the Relto page with the big bug on it? It looks like the bug from Riven. Once I added the page to my Relto book, my gameplay has been perfectly bug free - even Teledahn! Wow, you guys at Cyan Worlds are the most awesomest, trickiest, cleverest puzzle makers ever!!

Looks like the joke's on us, folks! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:23 pm 

I haven't played Riven - it won't run on my system (and ohhh i tried all the fixes...)

Can i submit a ticket for that? :P

EDIT: forgot a future goodie: the Secret 'cabinet' in the TeleD jails is there... but empty. No link to the spy room.... yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

the link was there for the last two builds, but since the problems with the spyroom were fixed, and it will not be availale when LIVE starts, it will not show

I assume... I could be wrong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next