It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: backpack
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:24 pm 

on the "story so far" page, it says that the backpack is available... did i miss something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:06 pm 

Good catch! Either no one has found it yet or the backpack wasn't actually released as stated. Seems odd that no one would have found it yet if it actually was released.

Unless some sadistic soul decided to stick it out in the blowing sands of Minkata. :shock:

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:25 pm 

If they are saying it's available, which they are, then it's out there. Where was it before? I've only played the online version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

IIRC,[spoiler]it was near the top of the ladder above the pellet room.[/spoiler]

Edited for possible spoilage

Last edited by Wafna on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:36 pm 

I can tell you it's not where it used to be, as I've checked that location since that information was posted in June. It must be hidden in a really obscure location for no one to have found it yet.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:40 am 

Has anyone done any spelunking through the old ages? Since they re-added the tie-dye shirt, it may be that the backpack has found a home in an older age somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:47 am 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]There's a backpack (or something that looks like a backpack) up on the roof of Tokatah. I tried to pick it up before, but couldn't. Maybe now you can?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:48 am 

A ResEng was asked in-game about this (thank you Poseidon!) and apparently it was a typo. The backpack has not been released as of yet.

Perhaps we'll see it later this month. (My guess, not what the ResEng said.) =o)

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:08 am 

Oh man, and my son and I looked everywhere for it last night. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:03 pm 

I asked a RenEng too and I got the same answer. They told me they were going to try to fix the site ASAP. Lol....so that means it wont get fixed for another month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm 

Would CYAN actually lie? I mean, I can understand teasers, but putting it out there on the list and not following through seems to me to be a pretty bold thing to do to people who are paying MONEY every month to play. And then not taking it off immediately when people start asking about it.(If it was an honest mistake). I really don't like the thought of CYAN doing this. I wonder......too many cooks in the CYAN kitchen, or is there only OZ himself trying to do it all. Hopefully they will take it off sooner than a month. Thats a huge mistake in the game creating process....Whew! Sorry, had to get that off my chest, just got back from having to re-do Minkata, my whole symbol inside the cage was somehow gone the other day. POOF! wow..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:11 pm 

Cyan is not lying, nor is it a teaser that they failed to follow through on. They mistakenly included it when typing up the list of content that was released during the episode.

I suspect it was simply a case of a miscommunication between the people running the episodes and the guy who updates the website. I don't know why it would be that much trouble to go remove it though.

However, it's hardly a huge mistake; just a minor slip-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 pm 

To me, thats at least a BIG enough mistake that should be addressed quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:34 pm 

abbieo wrote:
Would CYAN actually lie? I mean, I can understand teasers, but putting it out there on the list and not following through seems to me to be a pretty bold thing to do to people who are paying MONEY every month to play. And then not taking it off immediately when people start asking about it.(If it was an honest mistake). I really don't like the thought of CYAN doing this. I wonder......too many cooks in the CYAN kitchen, or is there only OZ himself trying to do it all. Hopefully they will take it off sooner than a month. Thats a huge mistake in the game creating process....Whew! Sorry, had to get that off my chest, just got back from having to re-do Minkata, my whole symbol inside the cage was somehow gone the other day. POOF! wow..........

As Hero mentioned, I'm sure it was just a communication problem between two different departments. I'm sure the person responsible for the website information had already gone for the day and so it couldn't be immediately changed. It would be VERY unlikely (and frankly, downright strange) that a ResEng would have access to change that type of information. They're basically just in-game customer support.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:38 pm 

abbieo wrote:
To me, thats at least a BIG enough mistake that should be addressed quickly.

Obviously it wasn't 'that' big of a mistake. It's been nearly two weeks since that page was updated and someone just now discovered that erroneous information.

KI #6725475