It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 am

All times are UTC

Do the pellets take way too long to bake?
Yes, this is insane! Cut the time down to 5 minutes or less. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Absoulutely, cut it down to the original time of a quarter hour. 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I definately think so. It should take an hour at most, is what i'd say. 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Yeah, I think 2 hours would be better. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Maybe a little, but I kinda like having the more level-playing field for players who aren't online as much. 30%  30%  [ 26 ]
It's perfect as it is! 40%  40%  [ 34 ]
MAKE IT LONGER!! RARRRRGGG (fO_O)f 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 86
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:23 pm 

there seems to be no clear answer on this, and i've searched the maddeningly long boards, so i want to get this complete walktrhough thing right on the front page. here's what i can figure so far

[spoiler]
once you finish er'cana, head back to the rising platform area on either side. if you cross to the top of the platform, you can lower it by using the button on the console, and if you cross on the turbine side, you can lower it by lowering the power switch to the right of the entry.

once it's lowered, you can go back to the control room, turn the screen all the way to the left, and turn on all four ovens (yellow dots.)
[/spoiler]

and that's where i'm stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:17 am 

You can click on the rock to move it.

As for the ovens, that is by design, even though we don't know what the design purpose is yet.

End of discussion

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:42 am 

[spoiler]You make pellets by setting the sliders of each oven to whatever value you want.[spoiler]Different values make different 'flavors' of pellets. These flavors cause different things to happen when you drop them into one of two areas. Specifically:[spoiler] The Bahro Cave or the City Silo.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

If you want to know all of the recipes(that we know) and be spoilered out of your mind go to this thread: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11077

Also, for more spoilers, check this thread to learn about what Grogyan mentioned: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11160

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 am 

yeah, i set the sliders but nothing happens. i push the button, but nothing happens. i put my socks on my keyboard, still nothing happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 am 
Obduction Backer

You have to set the sliders in all four ovens before the button at the bottom right will do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 am 
Obduction Backer

In the poll, you speak about 5 minutes and about 2 hours...

But, that is possible already! You can set the time yourself. You can cook your pellets for 6 minutes, or for 5 hours, or for 2 hours... It's up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:39 pm 

yeah, all 4 ovens are set equally, tried that already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

The left setting is the time... where each line is 6 minutes. So 20 units is 1 hour.

You can set the ovens and then you have to wait, until your pellets are ready.

Hope that helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:15 pm 

You should go read one of the pellet threads then, because if you have all of the settings anywhere above zero, the ovens should work. Might not get pellets worth keeping, but it will produce pellets of some kind.

The best recipe I've found so far takes about 2 hrs to bake and gives an average of about 950/pellet.

If you still can't figure it out, give me a shout if you see me online and I will go check out your ovens. You could possibly have an issue that a ResEng would need to fix. (Although, the Age should reset as far as bugs go as soon as you leave.)

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

The only reason I can think of for wanting shorter cook times, isn't even a factor yet. I can see myself not wanting to wait hours to solve the pellet cave, but it hasn't come up yet.

As for feeding the lake, why on earth would you want it shorter? What could you accomplish? The value of "points" exists in their current "economy" of multi-hour cook times. If points are easier/quicker to get, then by definition they're less impressive to brag about. And no one (that I've seen) has suggested there will be any tangible benefits to reaching X amount of points. And if you could make good pellets every 10 minutes, "X" would be set very high indeed.

Certainly if we're actually accomplishing anything with our points (other than killing time for an episode event--like our missions really sped up the GZ calibration, sure! :( ) then the values we have to reach would be set MUCH higher, if the times were set much shorter.

Works great just as it is.

Last edited by vidroth on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:32 pm 

Greydragon (Cyan employee) made a veiled suggestion that there might indeed be a reward for our points. The required number of points, and the 'reward', are anybody's guess though.

However, I do agree, that if the cook time was shorter, than the goals that were set would drastically go up. I'd rather have to drop pellets less often and get more points, than have to sit in Er'cana dropping pellets non-stop to get the same result.

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gelwyn wrote:
Greydragon (Cyan employee) made a veiled suggestion that there might indeed be a reward for our points. The required number of points, and the 'reward', are anybody's guess though.

That would be very cool. Clearly I'm falling behind in my rumormongering, thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

"However, I do agree, that if the cook time was shorter, than the goals that were set would drastically go up."

And the tedium factor would go up even faster.

Right now, you can't work on pellets (efficiently) without taking frequent breaks. If it were more efficient to stand in front of the ovens for two solid hours, people would *do* that -- and then complain that it was boring. And they would be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 am 

NuVanDibe wrote:
yeah, i set the sliders but nothing happens. i push the button, but nothing happens. i put my socks on my keyboard, still nothing happens.

errmmm....sorry if I'm asking questions about stuff you may have already done - [spoiler]did you turn the power on for the furnice room at the switch on your right just before you walk in there?[/spoiler] [spoiler]After that, did you figure out how to go up and over to get to the other side (pellet room) by turning off the two on ovens in the control room? (An on oven is represented as a gold half moon.)[/spoiler] [spoiler]Once you set up your path from the pellet room back to the furnice room by moving the rock, did you go back to the control room and turn on all four ovens? (When on all four show as gold half moons.)[/spoiler]
If you did all of the above and your furnices are still not working then I would say you have a problem and you should contact a ResEng for help. You might have to ticket the thing as a bug and the ResEng should help you with that.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:44 am 

Gelwyn wrote:

Before that gets too far, I should point out that there was no indication of a tangible "reward". He simply stated that they were keeping track of the individual pellet scores, and asked if we really thought that they wouldn't do anything with that. That could suggest anything from a scoreboard to reward clothing (though my money is on a scoreboard).