It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:39 am 

Shorah,

The maximum "legal" amount of pellet that it is possible to produce with the 30-30-30 method is 40 pellets (24 hrs/day*5 pellets/3hrs).

We kow that 1000 is the extreme maximum value for a good pellet then that recipe gives give or take 40,000 daily.

If we admit that the Er'Cana ovens are accessible since 5 weeks then a "honest" explorer can't go over the following value :

40,000/day * 35 days = 1,400,000

To get this huge value you have to be in the game almost continously.:shock:

Mod Note: Edited by Whitch2 - 7/31/07

Le seul oiseau rare n'ayant pas
besoin de jumelles pour être observé
=========================

Last edited by ngc2392 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Interesting. Thanks for the analysis Pierre.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:29 am 
Obduction Backer

There's a better formula than 30-30-30. Read over the pellet threads. The so-call "super" formula gives you an average pellet score of 930-960 every two hours. That's a maximum daily production of between 55,800 and 57,600. Times that by 35 days and you get a maximum "legal" point range of between 1,953,000 and 2,016,000 points. Sorry. I realize this kind of misses the point of your post, but I know for a fact that there are at least a few explorers well on their way to the 2 million mark. Not me, mind you. I actually have to sleep every-so-often. And go to work. And at least occasionally mingle with the wife and daughter. I just wanted to point out just because someone has more than 1,400,000 points it doesn't necessarily mean he or she has cheated. Now if they have significantly more than 2 million, then I would start to wonder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Does the clock on each explorer's computer actually affect cooking times? I assumed this was a server-side issue. Changing our computer clocks should have no effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I know how it can be done.

At first, I was linking the one avatar to 6 Ercana's to drop pellets. That was equalling nearly 30,000 points per bake time. I didn't continue that for too long, but if I had, I would easily have more than 1,400,000 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:55 am 

Not sure what you mean by "honest", but actually...

Using the formula that sideshow is talking about, let's assume you get the average pellet score of 945 every two hours and drop as many batches as possible every day. That's 56,700 points per day, making for 1,984,500 points at the end of 35 days.

Now, let's say that instead of using only one Er'cana, I fill up the other four avatar slots and use their Er'canas as well... 5 * 1,984,500 = 9,922,500 :shock:

But don't stop there -- each person can create up to 7 sub-accounts, which can all log in to Uru and create their own 5 avatars... 7 * 9,922,500 = 69,457,500 :shock: :shock:

Obviously, there are time limitations, and you couldn't make it through all 35 avatars before the next two hours are up, but even with the 5 avvie setup, that allows for some pretty impressive scores, all without "cheating" (Unless you're calling using more than one avatar cheating...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Herohtar wrote:

<snip>

Obviously, there are time limitations, and you couldn't make it through all 35 avatars before the next two hours are up, but even with the 5 avvie setup, that allows for some pretty impressive scores, all without "cheating" (Unless you're calling using more than one avatar cheating...)

Yes, I wondered the same thing. Was I cheating using 6 Ercana's at first? Or was I being resourceful?

I didn't keep it up because it was so time consuming - running through a heap of Ercana's to get to the pellet room....because I couldnt link straight there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:08 am 

RaPhil wrote:
I know how it can be done.

At first, I was linking the one avatar to 6 Ercana's to drop pellets. That was equalling nearly 30,000 points per bake time. I didn't continue that for too long, but if I had, I would easily have more than 1,400,000 now.

It took me a few minutes to understand what RaPhil was telling us.

I beleive he is saying that he was able to play six Ee'cana at every sessions.

His Er'cana plus five more because he had received five invitations to be able to use other members's Er'cana.

If you add to this a possibility to be able to use the computer date/time trick...

I am not too impressed.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
It took me a few minutes to understand what RaPhil was telling us.

I beleive he is saying that he was able to play six Ee'cana at every sessions.

His Er'cana plus five more because he had received five invitations to be able to use other members's Er'cana.

<SNIP>

Wrong gender (I am female) , but yes, that is what I was saying........visiting 6 Ercana's with invitations. To me it was unsustainable, but others may keep going with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Herohtar wrote:
Now, let's say that instead of using only one Er'cana, I fill up the other four avatar slots and use their Er'canas as well... 5 * 1,984,500 = 9,922,500 :shock:

But if you create and pursue with 5 avatars, no one avatar will be able to exceed the 1,984,500, and yet several have.

And it's not practical that folks are playing 24/7.

So, the point is reasonable that there are those whom have found ways to pad the numbers.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am 
Obduction Backer

dadguy wrote:
Herohtar wrote:

But if you create and pursue with 5 avatars, no one avatar will be able to exceed the 1,984,500, and yet several have.

So, the point is reasonable that there are those whom have found ways to pad the numbers.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Dadguy, I have gone through 6 Ercana's with one avatar - getting myself nearly 30,000 per bake. I was using 30-30-30, so 3hrs per batch. Over one day, one avatar can accumulate quite a score going through that many other avatar's Ercana's with invites. That was easily 120,000 per day (4-5 bakes per day).

I didn't continue that - but if I had, my score for one avatar would be the type of figure you are talking about.

Obviously, others have continued where as I didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:42 am 

dadguy wrote:
Herohtar wrote:

Cheers,

Dadguy

Right, but you missed my point -- you can use one avatar to drop all the pellets from the other Er'canas. All you have to do is get on each avatar and send an invite to your main pellet grinding avatar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:56 pm 

Reverend Vader wrote:
Does the clock on each explorer's computer actually affect cooking times? I assumed this was a server-side issue. Changing our computer clocks should have no effect.

Rev, changing your PC clock can affect a number of things. It can cause the clock in the hood to advance, change the time shown in your KI, put you at any point in the day cycle of Gira or Payiferen, etc. Some have used it in the past to force their Relto tree to grow, though I think that "bug" has been fixed. I would not be surprised if the trick could be used to jump ahead to the end of the bake time. MOUL does some very funny things regarding the handling of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried the sending one avvie an invite from another avvie and then the first avvie collecting the points for both Er'cana's. Seemed like creative pellet dropping until I started paying attention to the score. I found that the score was totally unreliable, it can change by just flipping between 1st and 3rd person. I logged a very long ticket with logs and screen shots about this and it was passed on for further investigation. I then decided given the need to run through the age of the second avvies Er'cana to get those points was getting to be too much of a time eater. Are we getting just a little obsessed with the pellets? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Using other people's Er'canas to get more pellet points for your avatar is perfectly OK. Using exploits is not.
If you know for sure of any exploits regarding the ovens, do not talk about them here but open urgent tickets on the support website.