It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Marcker quests
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Easter Egg Guide, Easter Egg Messages
In Myst Online: Uru Live, there are some goodies hidden by the game developers. Such hidden treats in games are called "easter eggs". This easter egg in MOUL was already available in the offline version of Uru, with several crypted clues leading you to the easter egg. The clues are missing in Myst Online: Uru Live, although the easter egg itself is there. The "Easter Egg Messages" marker quest adds the crypted messages from the offline version to the same place where they are in the offline game. If you find them and if you are able to decrypt them, the messages will lead you to the easter egg.

If you want guidance with the finding of this easter egg, then you may want to use the "Easter Egg Guide" marker quest instead. This second marker game includes not only the crypted clues but also markers that tell you how to actually find the easter egg.

[spoiler=See this teaser screenshot, if you want to get an idea about what to expect from this easter egg hunt]Image
[spoiler=Here is a real spoiler picture...]
Image[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
In order to activate the easter egg, you must have completed Yeesha's first journey (i.e. all Ages with hand symbol cloths). The "Easter Egg Guide" starts in Relto. For the "Easter Egg Messages", you have to find out by yourself where to start. ;)

Bahro Caves (14 markers)
A totally different marker quest is "Bahro Caves": There is a marker in each Bahro cave currently available in MOUL. You can use this marker game as a personal challenge to visit all caves again. Or, you can use it along your explorations to keep track of what Ages you have completed already. (For new players, the latter is a bit difficult to do because first you must upgrade your KI after collecting the first 30 Great Zero markers before you can actually use custom marker games, and for those 30 markers you need to visit some Ae'gura balconies and thus some of the Ages.)

[spoiler=Screenshot Bahro Caves]Image[/spoiler]
D'ni Cavern Hide & Seek (24 markers)
This marker quest is similar to the GZCM missions but with a little twist: The markers are also distributed over various places in the great cavern but I tried to hide them better than the calibration markers are.

Relto Hidden Treasures (15 markers)
This is a test of your avatar's dexterity and in some regard it will be harder for seasoned explorers who have already completed all the Ages in MOUL. ;) All markers are located in Relto.

Minkata Kiva Guide (28 markers)
This might not be the easiest Minkata guide that you can find because markers are sparse with this one. But it will be of help to you when you try to follow the imaginary straight lines that connect the central tower with each of the 5 kivas.

[spoiler=Screenshot Minkata Kiva Guide]Image[/spoiler]

If you are interested in any of these quests, then leave me a note with your avatar name and your KI number, please, so that I can send them to you.

I also used to offer a "Sparklies" marker quest which had markers in all sparkly locations. Since this does not make much sense in MO:ULagain, I have removed it from this posting.

Last edited by Marck on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: easter ggg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:37 pm 

Would love to try the Easter Egg Guide and Bahro Caves marker games.
Thanks so much for creating them.
Please send.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:51 pm 

Might want to put this on the marker database thing on Explorer Exchange.

I thought the egg wasn't working in Live, but if that shot's from live, it obviously is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:29 pm 

its not working in live, or thats what i heard, thats its their but you can't[spoiler]drive the zandi car/bus/zandioni thing[/spoiler] but that cave missison looks cool! i would ask you to send me it, but i cant remember my ki# :( oh well...

-Calumon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:56 am 
Obduction Backer

I sent the requested quests to Kansi and Calumon (your KI# is in your signature ;)).

And yes, Calumon is right about what of the easter egg actually works in comparison to the offline game. [spoiler]You can "enter" the Zamboni but you won't be able to actually drive it. Everything else related to this easter egg is available though.[/spoiler]
Whilyam, thanks for the tip but there are already links to Explorer Exchange included in the first posting. My quest for you is to find them. ;) While speaking of it, could you send to me your marker games "Eder Delin Tour" and "Eder Delin Marker Tour", please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:34 am 

They sound like a lot of fun, I'd love to try them please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:57 am 

Hi

Please send me a copy of your Easter Egg Messages marker quest.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:39 pm 

ohh at the time i posted it, my ki# was alittle missplaced. got it now. thx for the missison. ill ceheck it out later today
-Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:57 pm 

Please send me both quests. Thank you!

Corvus KI #3488015

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:23 pm 

could you send me both of the easter egg marker missions?? please... :D
Justin Campbell ki#3131229

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

You know, looking at it? Pretty obvious what happened.
[spoiler]Notice the wheels of the Zandoni in the ground? They forgot to change the specifics of it and the way it drives for the new physics engine. Oops! Ah well. It is just an ancient easter egg anyways. Maybe some day we can race them in the cleft.. Now THAT is repeatable fun content! :lol: [/spoiler]

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:51 pm 

Please add me to the list for the games.

KI in siggie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sent the requested quests to Ged_UK, Isca, Corvus, Justin Campbell, and MickyTeddy.

Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:49 pm 

um i didnt get the missison you sent

-Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Calumon, I sent the quest to you again. Please note that some of these marker games have creation dates from the end of July and thus may show up far down your list of messages in your KI's "Incoming" folder.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next