It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:37 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm from the most recent group of newbies :D and of the 4 tickets I submitted on Aug 29, I just received replies for 2 of them. I know they are probably swamped with tickets to sort through. They are doing an awesome job IMO, major kudos to the support team! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:12 am 

I'm also from the last batch of beta testers and I have a nice quote:

* about 45 reports
* one feature request acknowledged (double click on explorer should load explorer)
* one minor game change acknowledged (bucket chain in Teledahn should always stop with a bucket at entry point)
* one graphic bug (water reflection issue)
* a bunch of bugs either already in the bug database or pending for verification
* 35 bugs waiting for response

I'm having lots of fun working with Gregbert (Gmiranda). It seems he doesn't sleep at all. I received response at 7am CEST yesterday (sunday 11pm cavern time).

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:19 pm 

i guess i'm not doing as many tickets as some... but of the 7 i've put in since joining in the third wave, i've only heard back about 1 of them (known issue).

d'mala 00723949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

deleted due to double post

Last edited by Mari' on Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well I came in with you and haven't herd back on any of the tickets I have sent in. But to be honest, I would rather not hear and let them keep plugging away at the bugs. I am sure we will be plesantly suprised with the next update. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:06 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'm with you, Mari'. I haven't heard back on the 15-20 that I've submitted, either. (Although I think I screwed up the first few :oops: ). I'm hoping that everything I've ticketed is either being worked on or at least is well documented enough to be on the 'To Do' list, and the Cyantists are too busy with them to deal with individual responses to tickets. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've submitted 21 tickets so far, but haven't gotten any responses. And this is despite the fact that the majority of them were mistakenly mislabled "urgent" before I noticed that little drop down. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:41 pm 

I've submitted approximately 25 tickets so far, and have heard back on four of them (all four of those were submitted on August 29; two came back as known bugs and two have been validated). These guys seem to be working around the clock too, my last response came in at around 2:15AM Eastern Time on a weekend! Now that is dedication, major props to a very tireless and talented tech team 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:49 am 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
It is still 3 - 4 days for me. That is for the "we are aware of this issue" responses. Maybe it would take longer to review and validate new bugs. But I don't seem to be discovering those anymore, only stuff that has already been submitted by others. I suppose that is good, right? :?

The response time for my tickets has gone up drastically. The latest ticket closed is from september 2.

This means that they are still reviewing tickets from the previous 8-24 build! I have had to close a few tickets myself that appear to have been solved in the latest 9-7 build.

I would like to suggest that everyone checks if their open tickets still apply to the latest update and close the ones that are solved now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:45 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
The response time for my tickets has gone up drastically. The latest ticket closed is from september 2.

Some of my earliest bug reports are nearly three weeks old and still unanswered. On the other hand some feature requests were answered within a day or even within hours.

D'Lanor wrote:
I would like to suggest that everyone checks if their open tickets still apply to the latest update and close the ones that are solved now.

Your suggestion is a *very* good idea. I'm checking my list at this very moment and so far I found a bunch of fixed bugs:

* I had no ladder related warping in Kadish, Gahreesen or Teledahn since the last build.
* Inter age chat works very well for me. A build ago I wasn't able to receive any private messages
* I had 0 (in words: ZERO) black ages since the last build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:41 pm 

only question this raises for me is, do they want us to be closing bugs ourselves? and that's regardless of whether we have the ability to or not :)

d'mala 00723949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:10 pm 

Now that is a very good question!

Speaking as an open source software developer and maintainer of some products: Every developer loves feedback from the users and co developers of his/her software. Even bad feedback is good feedback if the users tells me why my software sucks and how I could improve it.

Verbose bug reports are vital for software development but it's also crucial that we tell them when a bug is fixed for us. It speeds up the development cycle.

Proposal:
Unless we hear different from Cyan let's not close bugs but mark them as fixed. Everybody should go through their bug list and add a message like this to bugs which are fixed:

Quote:
FIXED

Since the last build I haven't seen any dark ages. The bug is fixed for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

yes, that is what I forgot to say. I marked mine as "fixed in update 9-7" before I closed them. My concern is that they are not keeping up so I choose to close fixed bugs. And I will keep doing so unless Cyan tells me otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:35 pm 

Good discussion folks. We would be happy with either observations. Here is the way I could go about determining which to do.

1. If the bugs are absolutely 100% not happening any more then I would close them with a note that says no longer occuring --Date -- . This would apply for bugs like spelling errors or graphic fixes that are obviously there.

2. If the bugs are major and seem like there is a chance that you may be just avoiding murphys law so far then I would just attach a note that says "Not seen in current version ---Date --- ". Bugs like the net6 problem and the black screen bug would fit this perfectly.

Lbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:18 am 

Hmmm Guess I better go back and review all my tickets to see if they have been fixed in this build and need closing.
Thanks lbell

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next