It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:06 am 

Wow! That is wonderful!

Great run and great score!

Congrats to you All!

The best of all is we have continually shown that the impossible is truly possible!!!!!!

My [email protected] stats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oh, Marck, tsk, tsk! That's not how you post news like that; this is how it should be done:

The German Community has taken back the Pellet Challenge Championship!!!
Tachzusamm dropped 93 pellets in 19 Er'canas and collected 85,406 points in one hour! Whoot!!!
Congratulations to the team of Brigitte, Cojaar, D'n Alor, Hordath, Mara32, Mathias, Mucol, Nefret, Tachzusamm, Vindetta, and Marck! :D

And, no one is happier than I am! We finally have real competition again and a new number to try to beat!
Congratulations and thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Very good Job they made 8)

Bye Susi

http://www.ffa-forum.de/
KI #17800
Susis Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: Tai'lahr

But it is spelled w00t (and it's the word of the year!) :-D

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:23 pm 

Seriously impressive work! Well done :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:37 pm 

So thats what you do with your time Mark :lol:
Great job to you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:37 pm 

Congrats guys!!!

ps: Thanks for posting the news on the GoMe Website Marck ;)

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

In this thread, there already have been stated several ideas and descriptions for doing a Pellet Challenge run. Tai'lahr even gave a rather detailed explanation of the procedure on page 3 of this thread.

Here's how we in the German community did our runs. First, I want to deliver on my promise to share our method. Second, I hope to motivate other teams to give it a try. :)

The basic procedure is as follows:
  1. The Runner links by use of the journey cloth directly to the pellet dispenser in his or her Er'cana.
  2. After having dropped all 5 pellets in the Er'cana City Silo, a team member waiting there lets the Runner link to the member's Relto by sharing the Relto book.
  3. In the member's Relto, the Runner links again using the journey cloth in the Er'cana book to the pellet dispenser in the member's Er'cana.
  4. The procedure is repeated beginning with step 2, but this time with another team member.
The implementation of this procedure requires some preparation:
  • All team members must open the hut's door and unlock the Er'cana Linking book in their Relto.
  • Each Er'cana book is turned to the page with the journey bookmark.
  • The bookmark must link to the pellet dispenser.
  • Each team member must have a batch of baked pellets ready in their Er'cana. The pellets should have been made with a recipe which has a high point yield, e.g. 30-30-30.
Besides these basics, there are some preparations that can improve the overall performance:
  • Let the team member with the fastest computer do the running. Fast computers provide for shorter linking times.
  • Open the pellet dispenser in Er'cana before the Runner arrives.
  • Disable all Relto pages.
  • During a pellet run, do not send any KI mails, images, or invites to the Runner. Chat is okay, the Runner won't see much of it anyway. ;)
  • In the silo, the Runner should turn and move towards the linking book as soon as possible and while the current pellet is still being scanned.
  • It is possible to have pellet points not registered with the KI by linking out of the silo too fast. From our experience, it is nevertheless better to link as fast as possible and occasionally miss a pellet's points rather than waste time waiting for the registration.
  • The team member waiting in the silo can open the Relto book and click on the "share book" icon even before the Runner arrives with the last (i.e. fifth) pellet. Then the member just has to click on the Runner's avatar to offer the Relto book.
  • The team members should only offer their Relto book when the Runner clearly is ready for the sharing. In order to avoid any confusion, we use a waiting position to the left and a little behind the scanner device. The Runner must do a turn of slightly more than 90 degrees and take a step towards the team member to accept the sharing.
  • A team member should not link to Relto directly after the Runner. Simultaneous linking can slow down the Runner. Instead, a team member should return to Er'cana and restart the pellet ovens for another batch. By then, it is safe to return to Relto without any interference with the Runner.

Because of the last list item, we did our runs a little different than the teams of Revelation's and Rebel's Bevin: We built the chain of Er'canas by sending all necessary invites before we actually started a run. Then all team members ran all the way through Er'cana to get to their position in the silos. Only after these preparations, our run would start. If team members used multiple avatars, then after the Runner went through "their" silo, these team members had to switch to the next avatar, use the prepared invite to the next Er'cana, and run through the Age to the silo. That way, we avoided all simultaneous linking with the Runner. (As a side effect, this also gave us the chance to open any pellet dispensers before the Runner arrived, in case a team member had forgotten to do this in his or her Er'cana.)

A funny thing is that I only realized this difference in our methods while I prepared this posting. It explains some of the statements that I received from Tai'lahr and JWPlatt and which made no sense to me before. For example, I did not understand the purpose of the Shadow, or why you could do an hour-long run with only 4 people, which is not possible with our method. Go figure. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:38 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Congrat's on your latest achievement, Marck. 85,406! Astonishing.

We were worried after our first record of 77,750 that we did too well, raised the bar too high, and nobody would even try again. Ah, hubris! :) Then we did beat it ourselves with the REBELs. Now you, once again.

Of all the multiplayer aspects in Uru, such as Eder Delin/Tsogal door openings and Ahononay, I think the Pellet Challenges with our group have been the most sustained fun for me. Watching the Ahnonay carousel rotate for the first time from the new outboard deck is a close second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Marck wrote:
A funny thing is that I only realized this difference in our methods while I prepared this posting. It explains some of the statements that I received from Tai'lahr and JWPlatt and which made no sense to me before. For example, I did not understand the purpose of the Shadow, or why you could do an hour-long run with only 4 people, which is not possible with our method. Go figure. ;)

:lol: So, does this mean that the REBEL Hood still holds the title for the "Small Team" (5 members or less) division? :wink: Marck, you definitely hold the title for being able to generate interest among the most people! Maybe I don't make it sound fun enough, or maybe they're intimidated by all the instructions. /shrug Well, if my Revelations hoodmates agree to it, I would like to try your method with our little team. I would also like to continue the REBEL Hood runs, but using our method, and keeping that one just for fun, no pressure. Seeing that the REBEL Hood runner, dthurner's motto is "HAVE FUN!!!" maybe we can use that one to introduce people to the idea and let them see how much fun these runs really can be. Oh, and thanks again for keeping this competition going! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:32 am 

I've created a small "trophy" for the Pellet-Challenge and it is available (as a pic in my KI) in Uru since today.

The idea is, that the current "champion-hood" can show the "trophy" on their imager at the hood. If there comes a new record, the KI-picture will be given to a member of the new champion. (For example, if the REBEL-hood achieves a new record, I will send the picture of the trophy to Tai'lahr or JWPlatt :) )

On the one hand, I hope, that the trophy can be an additional incentive for all the teams who already join the pellet-challenge and those who still consider to participate with some friends. And on the other hand quasi as a "candy" for the actual winners.

At the moment, you can see the trophy at the NULP-hood, as a representative of the german community.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, that I can send the tropyh soon to another team... ;)

Mucol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Yesterday the Dutch 'hood did a pellet run! :)

It was our intention to have a large number of participant, so that we could place everyone in a silo beforehand, so that doing the pellet run would be easier and hopefully faster. Unfortunately, many of the Dutch 'hood didn't think it would be fun, so we ended up with a really small group.

I was a runner, and the helpers were e'telka, blutec, iris and Mariska. E'telka and blutec used multiple avatars and even had to switch to a sub-account to have enough Er'cana's to fill the hour.

Doing the run was a lot of fun! And every time it was a surprise for me whom I would see in the silo, since there were so many avatars. Unfortunately, blutec crashed when we had just started, and because there weren't many participants, no one could fill in the gap and we had to wait until she was back. Because of that I think we wasted about 10 minutes. But the rest of the run went really well.

We didn't beat the record with our final 63,336 points, but we had a lot of fun, and that's what matters most. :D

[spoiler=Start of the run]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler=End of the run]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:07 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Way to go Erik, e'telka, blutec, iris and Mariska! And good job on the fun part. :)

It's great to see when people get out there and show some spirit in the name of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 pm 

Three Cheers to the Dutch Hood!!!

/cheer
/cheer
/cheer

Great job and I'm glad you had Tons-O-Fun!!!

It is also a very nice total for your first run!

My [email protected] stats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:10 am 
Creative Kingdoms

There was a surge recorded for 2/22 which was the day of Erik's Pellet Challenge. But there was also another on 2/24. Who is responsible for that? :)

Please note that I did not use the term "spike." There is only one Spike - Tai'lahr. ;) So far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next