It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:17 pm 
Offline
Cyan Employee

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:21 pm
Posts: 886
We added two new features this build that haven't been mentioned yet.

/Autoshout:

When typed in the KI chat window, it toggles autoshout for text chat so that everyone in the age will see what you type into your KI, whereas without it only the eight closest people can 'hear' you. This eliminates the need to type '/shout' before everything you say if you wish to be heard by all.


/sendinvite:

/sendinvite <email address> <recipient's name (optional)> sends an email to the email address specified containing an invitation message with an invite code. The code can be entered at the time a new avatar is created, which automatically assigns that avatar to the same neighborhood as the person sending the invite.

Enjoy!

_________________
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 785
Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
greydragon wrote:
We added two new features this build that haven't been mentioned yet.

/Autoshout:

When typed in the KI chat window, it toggles autoshout for text chat so that everyone in the age will see what you type into your KI, whereas without it only the eight closest people can 'hear' you. This eliminates the need to type '/shout' before everything you say if you wish to be heard by all.

Enjoy!


Hory Clap!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:42 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:17 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Hilo, I wish...
Excellent! I have one burning question: How do you turn it OFF if you do not want to go on shouting?

_________________
Explorer at large

:)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:04 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Under your bed o.O
good that these have been added, But the auto shout would be alot more useful if it was made into a button onto the Ki

_________________
-----------------
Dreams of Darkling
Ki #: 01186619


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 700
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Kerryth wrote:
Excellent! I have one burning question: How do you turn it OFF if you do not want to go on shouting?


it's a toggle. type it once to turn it on, again to turn it off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:08 pm
Posts: 97
greydragon wrote:
/sendinvite:

/sendinvite <email address> <recipient's name (optional)> sends an email to the email address specified containing an invitation message with an invite code. The code can be entered at the time a new avatar is created, which automatically assigns that avatar to the same neighborhood as the person sending the invite.

Enjoy!


Very useful feature but I've been trying to send invites to a couple of friends but they never seem to receive them.

They've checked their ISP spam folder too but still nothing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:09 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Posts: 4250
Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Kroagnon wrote:
Very useful feature but I've been trying to send invites to a couple of friends but they never seem to receive them.

They've checked their ISP spam folder too but still nothing.

You should submit a ticket on this. I tried it out a few weeks ago (sent them to myself); they arrived in the spam folder, but with no message in the body of the e-mail.

_________________
Explorers Memorial * In Memoriam


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:02 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 am
Posts: 1477
the invite worked for me.

/invite [email protected]

_________________
Greypiffle Fogg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:25 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Lost in the void
greypiffle wrote:
the invite worked for me.

/invite [email protected]

That should be /sendinvite [email protected]

/invite is the old invite system which is still there but does not do anything useful.

Edit: Just did a /sendinvite to myself. Nothing has arrived yet.

_________________
D'Lanor (ɹǝʇunч puǝƃǝן uɐqɹn)
Image
KI# 33949


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 1890
Didn't the last batch of release notes say that sendinvite was disabled? (I could be wrong -- the client isn't in front of me -- but that's what I remember.)

_________________
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Lost in the void
No, I have the release notes here and that was about invites to Myst.

Still no email... I am wondering if perhaps it refuses to send an invite to the same address twice?

_________________
D'Lanor (ɹǝʇunч puǝƃǝן uɐqɹn)
Image
KI# 33949


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: