It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
[spoiler=original post]Now that I have your attention... :wink:

Remember how good it felt when 185 people posted to the GameTap forum? (before all the squabbling) :wink: And, during the MOUL: Season2 Celebration when poor Lord Chaos had to scramble to up the server capacity. :shock: I felt bad for him and the organizers, but at the same, it was very exciting to know that we’d exceeded their expectations. :D

So, what else can the Uru Community do? Perhaps one day we could all wear blue (to show support for “Cyan” but in all shades of blue). Maybe one day we could have a Pellet Dropping Blitz? We know they’re tracking that information, so we could make a big statement there.

Maybe we could do both of those things together? And, more...

I propose a Pellet Blitz/Canyon Party - Saturday, February 9th. Which will actually start on Friday, Feb 8th with refraining from dropping pellets between 0:00 and 24:00 KI time. Then, between 0:00 and 24:00 KI time on Sat, the 9th, drop as many pellets as possible.

We could hang out around the canyon in the city between trips to Er'cana, dance to a few tunes, share some marker missions, do a little skydiving, whatever... all while wearing our Cautious Optimism shirts in various shades of blue. (Unless, of course, you're streaking! :lol: )

Well?[/spoiler]
Here are the details so far (thanks to Lial for cleaning it up):

IC: We've been steadily feeding the lake for over six months now with absolutely no visible effect, and it is time to try something different, so explorers will be attempting to "jump start" the algae's light cycle with a massive pellet-dropping blitz over a 24 hour period.

OOC: Every pellet dropped by an explorer contributes to statistics being tracked by Cyan, so we are using this to demonstrate the power of the Uru Community and confirm their faith in our ability to work together to accomplish something great.

Where: Your Er'cana and elsewhere in the cavern. Check back for details (or just check the nexus for the location of the crowd).

When: This event starts at midnight KI Time February 8. At that time explorers are asked to refrain from dropping pellets. It continues for 24 hours starting midnight KI Time February 9 when explorers are asked to bake as many lake illuminating pellets as possible and drop them at the silo.

Uniform du jour: Explorers are asked to wear the color blue (any shade) to show support for Cyan OR a guild shirt to show support for the guilds.

D'ni J's: Ktahdn and dodo-on-journey: Check back for the music schedule and links to listen.

KI Time is Mountain Standard Time

The schedule so far:
[spoiler=24:00 KI time: Pellet Challenge run in the R.E.B.E.L. Hood]All are welcome to participate; here's all you have to do:
Solve Er'cana.
Set ovens on 30-30-30 for maximum points.
Set Er’cana book to open at the journey cloth closest to the pellet dispenser and make sure it’s unlocked.
Open the pellet dispenser (it will stay open indefinitely as long as the ovens aren’t on.)

Show up in the R.E.B.E.L.'s Bevin on Friday, Feb 8th at 23:00 KI time, and get in line.
When your turn comes up, someone will offer you their Relto book. Use it and go to their Er'cana, and then on to the CitySilo to wait.
Stand to the left of the pellet testing device, facing the Runner (90 degree angle).
When the Runner is finished dropping the pellets, they'll turn towards you and then you offer them your Relto book.
Now, Relto out and return to the REBEL hood to offer your Relto book to the next person in line.

For a more complete overview, see here for details.
[/spoiler]
10:00 KI time: Dancing in the Pellet Points hood, hosted by Junee.

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:05 pm 

I like the idea! :D

Well, I like any idea that raises awareness of Season 2 and attracts Cyan's attntion, so, I'm in! :D

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 pm 

You think we have to get their attention? Are they sleeping in their cubbies? Or maybe they just forgot all about us? lol

Why don't we all get down at the Ferry Terminal or another open place, dressed in blue, and line up to spell out the word HELP! Take a shot from above and post the photos everywhere.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:42 pm 

Yeah, I kinda like this idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm 

Romer Openfield wrote:
Why don't we all get down at the Ferry Terminal or another open place, dressed in blue, and line up to spell out the word HELP! Take a shot from above and post the photos everywhere.

I'd do it.

:)

Seriously though, I think it's a great idea, Tai! I'll try to make it there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

If i have my new pc by then. I'll be there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm 

Sounds great :D This time I really would LIKE to see 99 people in Ae'Gura when I'm linking from Nexus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:13 pm 

That'd be cool, but I'd feel sorry for the poor 101st person. Especially if it's me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, but people should be coming and going all day long - between trips to their Er'canas. So, there should be many opportunites to link in. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:19 pm 

Ugh, I can't even get into the city with 30 people there without getting a stack dump. :(

Will try to drop some pellets though, the 24 hour abstinence on Friday will not be a problem. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Just a quick note about pellet drops and mathematical equations:

A precipitous drop (abstinence) one day followed by a strong surge the next has a stronger spike than carrying on as normal and including the spike, especially if it is nothing one day and everything plus extra the next. The effects of Pellet Challenges are mitigated by the use of pellets which would have been used the same day anyway. I recommend the same here by not changing or trying to compensate for what you usually do day to day. The spike effect will slightly less because of using pellets which might have otherwise been used the same day anyway.

Have fun! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
A precipitous drop (abstinence) one day followed by a strong surge the next has a stronger spike than carrying on as normal and including the spike, especially if it is nothing one day and everything plus extra the next.

Exactly! We want to have the largest spike possible which is why I suggested the "abstinence" from pellet-dropping the day before. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Tai'lahr wrote:
We want to have the largest spike possible

Eeek! Well, it's certainly good for reference points if everyone cooperates.

Everyone track your personal totals. Maybe we can get a better grip on the absolute numbers that way, assuming we get them reported to a central collection point. Like, ahem, the Pellet Points hood. Or one person who can add.

And, Tai', we'll have to call you Spike from now on. You know that, right?

Memorial services for the algae will be held the following day.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:03 am 

This sounds like a great idea. I'll be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Everyone track your personal totals. Maybe we can get a better grip on the absolute numbers that way, assuming we get them reported to a central collection point. Like, ahem, the Pellet Points hood. Or one person who can add.

Sounds like a job for a Geek; are you available that day, JW? :P

JWPlatt wrote:
Memorial services for the algae will be held the following day.

Good, then we can take a break and not drop pellets on that day, too! :D

JWPlatt wrote:
And, Tai', we'll have to call you Spike from now on. You know that, right?

Fine, but not until we see the results. If this is successful, I'd love to be known as the explorer who pulled it off. 8)