It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kero:
Hehe - IC: it is a pitch black tar ocean, consisting of polycondensed hydrocarbons. OOC: I have problems with moving bitmaps.

Robin: You're probably right from statics' point of view. However, I have seen ruins of churches or abbeys with very strange pieces of arches and arched windows... And what about the ruins near the pyramide of Kadish? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 pm 

Norfren wrote:
Kero: Hehe - IC: it is a pitch black tar ocean, consisting of polycondensed hydrocarbons. OOC: I have problems with moving bitmaps.

IC: Way cool 8)

OOC: Talk with andylegate - considering what he's done with Zepher Cove he might be able to help you. I think it would be interesting if you could get a sort of slugish swell going on that tar ocean. :wink:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:07 am 

Looking good, Norfren... and you're still way within the limits of structural concrete on those arches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kadish Tolesa has a lot of magical structural suspension. It goes back to the style of Martiniere's original concept sketches.

Post subject: mirages
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 pm 

wow. The third secret looks too much like the Monolith from 2001, except this one is defunct and damaged or eroded from age. Get it? Age? I kill me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I enabled the pictures again - several of you had asked me why the links were broken. Although the spoiler tags do not work, have a look. You can browse the log book and the photographs of the old Minkata expedition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:53 am 
Obduction Backer

TY Norfren...this brings back memories..../Gandhar breaks out in song

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, Norfren! This journey was one of my most enjoyable MOUL experiences. :D

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm 

Many thanks Norfren.

Now I once more have a beautiful example I can point to when questions are raised about the creativity of the fans by those who think only Cyan has the expertese to add Ages - with puzzels - to URU. :wink:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:23 pm 

Nice works! I like your texturing. well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Sigh. This was such a great adventure. I couldn't wait for each new revelation. Norfren, is there any possibility of a sequel? I can only image how much work this was to produce. I almost feel guilty asking. I'd relish even a small expedition. A brief jaunt? A few steps in a new direction somewhere? Guess I'm feeling kinda wistfull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 am 

Truth is... if you look near the link in point, near the cage, their are brick areas where it looks like some buildings
could have been. Then with the mix of what could be whale bones, my theory is that this was some "Atlantian" city.
Theory mind you...lol

Somehow their was a catastrophe with an extra sun coming into its galaxy, dried up everything, and so were actually standing onna sea-floor. The flat tops are where coral-stalagmites were and have since broken off.

did i mention it was a theory?,,lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Although unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to continue the Minkata expedition of this thread, maybe I could assembly a small game, similar to that known from the web as Norfren's...er... My Age. Perhaps a Minkata linking Book could be found somewhere.

However, it came into my mind that I try and make an experimental version for mobile phones. So I created a small test, it contains only 10-12 rooms. You have to find a Relto Book, nothing more. I tested it only with my Nokia E60 phone, in normal and rotated display modes. The size of the pictures is max. 22-23 kB, so they should load quite rapidly. Please, try it with other mobiles and give me a feedback. What do you think, is the developing of such stuff worth the trouble?

Oh, the link is www.gunda.hu/testage/ You can try with PC but the layout is not for normal monitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I stumbled upon this thread last night, and (mis?)spent the whole night reading it. Wow, great story, artwork, everything. I tried the online game you made, and sadly got nowhere. Ah, well.

Any chance you could put this artwork through Blender and make a 3D version? This is just too good NOT to be part of Uru!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice to see you back, Norfren!

Here’s what your new version looks like on an iPhone:

The default view (top) is quite small, you have to double-tap on the image (outside of any hotspots) to zoom in, and even then it’s not displayed at full resolution (bottom). I’m sure this can be fixed, but I don’t really have time to figure out how at the moment. It probably involves something like <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />.

Other than that, it works quite nicely, although I find the lack of overlap or transition effect between adjacent views a bit disorienting. I also haven’t figured out yet what tapping at the bottom of the image does – it seems to be something like “turn around” or “go backwards” or “turn around and go back”, but it seems inconsistent. I stumbled on the Relto book after a while, but don’t ask me where…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next