It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:50 am 
Obduction Backer

...cuz I helped make it!

As many of you know, after almost 14 years working for Cyan Worlds I left my position as Art Director to work for Walt Disney Animation Studios. I've been swamped working on BOLT for the past several months doing lighting and compositing...basically, working alongside other talented artists to help make the film look as beautiful as possible. We're all extremely proud of the film and believe it is a big step forward for the studio - it's hilarious, exciting, sweet, and gorgeous. But don't take my word for it, check out the trailer and sneak peaks:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/bolt/

For those of you who care, I've got about 50 shots in the film including 6 shots in the "TRAILER", 10 shots in "THE CHASE", and, well...zero shots in "ANIMAL RESCUE" (but watch it anyway cuz it's still great!). :)

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:40 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Hi Josh. I saw a commercial for the movie yesterday and thought of you. Great to know you're thinking of us, and thanks for stopping in!

By the way... The Chase... Awesome! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:50 am 

Thanks so much for letting us know, Josh. I saw the TV ad for Bolt and looked you up to see if you worked on it. :D It's a great movie and I can't wait to see the whole thing. Gonna tell us which frames are yours? And where can I find a few cells to add to my collection??

Big Grins,
Chere

Myst Online: Uru Live KI # 11665229

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:39 pm 

I was privileged enough to attend Siggraph this summer and was apparently witness to the North American premiere of Glago's Guest.

...the Glago's Guest short is going to be playing with Bolt as I'm to understand. Another reason to the the movie.

It's rather incredible.

~Joey's Guest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 pm 

You're so getting minus points for that chopper not exploding. (Realism? Pfft. :P)

The movie won't be here until February but I'll give it an honorary mention when it does. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Great to hear from you again, and good to see you're getting to ply your trade in stuff like this!

I dunno about the movie from reading the meta description from the site, but it could turn out better than expected.. there's not much given away. But from the scenes I saw, it looks impressive already.

But I think no matter what I should look into it if just for the visuals. That was beautiful work. You and the rest of the art team deserve kudos.

I'm with Chere.I'd buy a litho of the wireframe and quick-rendered shots you've done or whatever you have... :D

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow! Those were awesome! :D Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing it, and will definitely tell my friends to see it too! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:14 am 

Hi, Josh! Nice to see you here. I was wondering what you were working on at Disney and now I know. This is really cool!

I remember seeing some material from the movie at Fantastic Fest, it looks great and I'll enjoy watching it when it comes out. Can you tell us which shots you worked on?

The characters are well-made and have a lot of personality.
I've seen the scene where Bolt and the cat (not sure of the cat's name) meet Rhino the hamster and it's pretty fun for me since my family actually has a hamster - and our hamster is exactly the same way, delusional and wants to escape and go out on an reckless adventure and apparently isn't aware that it is a tiny, vulnerable hamster. Just like our dog will bark at dogs 3 times its size.

I also have to say that the action sequence is a lot of fun. It does have a little bit of a Michael Bay tone, which you guys were going for, but overblown and unrealistic and over-the-top.

Anyway, great job, Josh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kind words. I hope everyone will go out this weekend and see BOLT (which as of this writing happens to be 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes...fingers crossed!). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, but... I loved the scene where he fell in the hole and the cones flew up. I don't suppose you had anything to do with that one, did ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Ha! Many URU fans have asked me if I had anything to do with that cones shot. There are actually a few shots with cones in them, but I actually didn't work in that particular sequence so unfortunately the answer is "no". :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Josh, after long anticipation, just a word to say, my wonderful other and I went to see BOLT when it opened here and well, I don't mean this to come off a downer, but DOGGONE IT, we both thought it was wonderful! EVEN the MOVIE TRAILER and the CHASE ! :wink: It's a keeper for the home collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Josh, did you get to put in any approved (or unapproved) "Mickeys"? I think I spotted one, but the shot came and went so fast, I couldn't be sure.

-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]