It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wohba!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:37 pm 

rand wrote:
We showed it at our morning meeting and everybody loved it. What a perfect way to preserve the story for future generations (yeah - I'm thinking positively.)

wow... Props from the big man himself! Maybe the "morning meeting" was discussing ways of preserving the story in-game (ie the library) and he's gonna hire a bunch of us to make mini movies for them... woo hoo!!

~Rils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sshhhhhh.........

Make them think they thought of it themselves. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:51 pm 

greydragon wrote:
Yes he is.
But are you the greydragon?

(See, now someone else at Cyan must confirm this.:mrgreen: (and then someone else, and then someone else... (but not Rand, he's used his post in this thread already)))

And, I've said this before, those movies are really awesome! We "newcomers " really haven't had anything else but vague hints before this and now we've got the change to learn all that happened back then.
This will be such a great resource for us when live comes. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:01 pm 
Cyan Employee

Quote:
wow... Props from the big man himself! Maybe the "morning meeting" was discussing ways of preserving the story in-game (ie the library) and he's gonna hire a bunch of us to make mini movies for them...

How bad do you want Great Tree Jackets... :shock:

JK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty bad. :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 pm 

greydragon wrote:
How bad do you want Great Tree Jackets... :shock:

JK

heh heh heh...

I dunno, maybe by the time we get done with this the DRC will give us back the jackets just to shut us up... :twisted:

j/k

We're just doing our part to help out! Honest! :angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:59 am 
Obduction Backer

I'll add my kudos. Excellent job so far. And I think I actually gleaned a very interesting piece of the bigger mystery from it. Phil's cryptic message of "I've found a way" sounds suspicously like part of the tagline for Uru Live: Make a home... FIND A WAY. The two HAVE to be connected. I guess several thousand others made that connection long ago and I'm way behind the cure, but thanks to Episode One I'm slightly less clueless than before. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:03 am 

Kudos from me, as well. The long conversation with Sharper gave me a better sense of a man who I've known only through his journals. I wonder if he'll be returning to the Cavern? If so, will he still be working with the DRC, or will he become an outside agitator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 am 

I feel really good about this sharing of the history of the early opening of the cavery and events back then, it feels like the energy of discovery and the dynamics of what can and may and should happen are alive again. I think the idea of storing such hsitory in the in game library is a great one, And I still think it is a very important aspect to consider for new players, how do we educate them on the history of both the D'ni and the openning of the caverns without giving away things they need to discoer for themselves. This recoridng of it all with the Great Tree vids and Marten's beautiful music vids offers ideas to Cyan and the DRC, and I still think both the Library AND the Schoolroom could play role in training for new explorers and researchers. On a new dig, it is customary to train and orientate both new workers and new and visiting site staff and scholars to both enhance their contributios and for safety and genral overall good.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:41 am 

Hey, if Rand says kudos, I'm downloading it.....fiery abyss if it's Uru related I'm downloading it!

Did you get the nice conversation I had with Sharper? No? I loved how he tore me apart at every turn........

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice work Marten and the rest. I played often in prolgue, but this really helped expand my understanding of the events that took place.

Highly recommended to both the experienced and new explorer alike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:12 am 

Yes - loads of kudos to all who worked to make these two episodes. I can't wait to see the rest. Now here is a "to the side of the topic" question for anyone who can answer - is it permissable to download - to one's home computer - these two episodes and Martin's music videos? If yes - how would you do it? My OS is Windows and browser is Explorer, if that means anything.

Anywho - keep up the good work all of you at the Great Tree. Am looking forward to see....."the rest of the story". :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, of course you can download these videos, Kero. When I click on the links in the media page (using Firefox) I automatically get the option to save to my hardrive. I'm too lazy to check in IE but I assume you can at least right click the link and "Save as". Let me know if you have any troubele.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Kero wrote:
... is it permissable to download - to one's home computer - these two episodes and Martin's music videos? If yes - how would you do it?

Prof Askew is correct about Internet Explorer, Kero. Just use your mouse's right-click button to click on the movie link and select the "save target as..." option. Then all you have to do is select where on your computer you want to save it (i.e. desktop, my documents, etc).

Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:37 am 

:D Thanks Prof Askew and Seeingwhite - now I have a folder of URU videos that I hope to be adding to for a looooooonnnnnng time. :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next