It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm 

Exactly. I think an another good example is the Museum Age.
Even if the 4 pods we had access to were on the same Age, we called those places with 4 different names, and they were shown with idfferent names in the KI too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:27 pm 

You guys are probably right. I dunno, I just got back into the Myst obsession and I haven't played Revelations or End of Ages yet (No way to get them. Can't buy them off the interwebs and no places I go to to buy them have them)... I shouldn't act like I know stuff.

Grrrr, there aren't any websites that teach Narayani or Rivenese. This makes me angry and possibly depressed/emo... T_T I really wanted to learn those. More interesting than D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 am 
Obduction Backer

We know nothing about Narayani except the symbols from the end of the game. This is a study of those symbols.

All we know of Narani (the language of the song lyrics) is the song. It is mostly modified English.

Rivenese is, in real life, a language of Papua New Guinea, but there are hundreds spoken there and we do not know which one it is, so we cannot learn what they are saying in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm 

Inunah wrote:
You guys are probably right. I dunno, I just got back into the Myst obsession and I haven't played Revelations or End of Ages yet (No way to get them. Can't buy them off the interwebs and no places I go to to buy them have them)... I shouldn't act like I know stuff.

Grrrr, there aren't any websites that teach Narayani or Rivenese. This makes me angry and possibly depressed/emo... T_T I really wanted to learn those. More interesting than D'ni.

actually they are usually pretty easy to find on ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 am 

......I'm not allowed to buy off of eBay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks anyway for the little language tip!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2