It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
It's been nearly a year since we were all together last, and in that time, we've scattered far and wide across the metaverse. So, as the anniversary of the cavern closing approaches, it's time to reconnect as many explorers as possible. Please help spread the word about a planned gathering by carrying the message to any worlds where explorers have gathered and by posting to any forums where explorers might see the message. Below are the details which will be updated in this post as new information becomes available (just post a link to here):

Uru Community-wide Gathering/Party
Reconnecting Explorers Across the Metaverse
Saturday, April 11th - All Day Long

Broadcasts
Dagda reading a History of Uru Explorers - 7am Pacfic / 10am Eastern / 4pm UK
TheDoctor(Veovis in SL) - 8am to Noon Pacific / 11am to 3pm Eastern
Rebroadcast of Dagda reading a History of Uru Explorers - 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 8pm UK
Lord Chaos - Noon, US Pacific / 2P US Central / 3P US Eastern / 9P British / 9P Central European
BeachRM (atrebor Zenovka in SL) - Noon to 4pm Pacific / 3pm to 7pm Eastern
Karaoke, Dichromus DJing - 4pm to 7pm Pacific / 7pm to 10pm Eastern
Rebroadcast of Dagda reading a History of Uru Explorers - 4pm Pacfic / 7pm Eastern / 1am UK
Lord Chaos (usual Sat night broadcast) - 5pm to ... Pacific / 8pm to ... Eastern

Note: these servers have limits on the number of listeners; if you find one is full, try tuning into one of the following "co-streamers."
Dichromus - 40 listeners
Donahoo - 50 listeners
Sean Riedel - 50 listeners
Dagda - 100 listeners

Explorer Gatherings

The Main Event - all DJs and Party Hosts are encouraged to gather here to create a connection between their listeners and guests:
Cyan Chat Room - open all day and three ways to access it:
via Mibbit: http://rel.to/IRC/cyanchat.php (type your name into the box where it says Guest and click on the box below);
via Nadnerb’s relay: http://nadru.servegame.org:81/ (type your name on the line under Link In and then hit the Link In button);
or, the old fashioned way: http://cho.cyan.com/chat/standard/chat.html
For those interested in a non web-based cyanchat, check out http://en.mystlore.com/wiki/CyanChat_implementations

Second Life
The Skydivers will be dancing in Ae'gura at Eder Gira (probably all day).
The kids at Eder D'Uru are planning a day of activities, too: [spoiler=ED Events Schedule]
Note: all times are Second Life Time (Pacific)

All Day 7Seas Fishing in Ae'gura Harbor
9:00-10:00AM - Heek in the Kahlo Pub
10:00-10:30AM - Sim Tour
10:30-11:00AM - Minkata Soccer
12:00-1:00PM - Heek Tournament in the Kahlo Pub
1:00-2:00PM - Shooting
2:00-2:30PM - Bumpercars in the Fairgrounds
2:30-4:00PM - Drive-in Movie in the Fairgrounds
4:00-4:30PM - Sim Tour
4:30-5:00PM - Minkata Soccer, Round 2!
5:00-6:00PM - Heek in the Kahlo Pub
[/spoiler]
Veovis Nightfire (TheDoctor here) will be hosting a party on his yacht in Minkarta, starting at 8am Pacific and lasting at least until Noon Pacific. He's provided three options for landing on the yacht:
The Yacht Atlantis-Bow Area
The Yacht Atlantis-Lounge Area
The Yacht Atlantis-Sun Deck

There.com
Gatherings to take place on the Uru Island neighborhood on Motu-Motu North at 20:00:00 (UTC) / 4pm Eastern US / 1pm Pacific US And again at 25:00:00 (UTC) / 9pm Eastern US / 6pm Pacific Host: taelos will be in the Cyan Chat room

Fountain chat in Myst Online Info
Details Here

Guild Wars
The FPI (Fuzzy Physics Institute) Guild is hosting a party in their guild Hall, starting at 7 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 4pm UK
[spoiler=details here]
mszv wrote:
Guild Wars party. The FPI (Fuzzy Physics Institute) Guild is hosting a party in their guild Hall. The plan is so start at 7 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 4pm UK, though we have plenty of Guild Halls and are more than flexible. You might also want to check out the Fellowship of Freeters (FOG) Guild Hall. If you are in our Alliance (group of guilds) talk to people on the Alliance chat and someone will tell you where people are grouping.

If you aren't in our Alliance (FOG), message (whisper) BrettM in game - Brett Okh Uru. The Uru and "friends of Uru" GW crowd is a great group of people.
[/spoiler]

NOTE: Gatherings are not limited to the places listed so far. They can be anywhere that two or more people can meet online. If you’d like to host one, please post the information here and I’ll add it to the announcements.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance and encouragement in making this happen. It's going to be a great day because this community is great!

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:11 am 

I know that I'll be everywhere ever I can on April 11th! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:45 am 

I wonder if I can organise a trivia game! xD The 'D'niverse Challenge'! xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 am 

how about the Fountain chat in Myst Online Info

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please note the addition of two events in There.com thanks to taelos! :D

Karkadann wrote:
how about the Fountain chat in Myst Online Info

Certainly! It's now added. Will you be the host and would you like to provide specific times for the above announcement?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 pm 

Bummer, I'll be at RL events all afternoon and then a hockey game that night. The first round of pelletized lake water drinks are on me though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:23 pm 

Uh oh what does a host do?
I think thats a Saturday my day off. Although I still hafta cook dinner, Im not sure what I just got myself into.
if we can get a few host in each party we can have it going on the whole day depending on what time zone your in this way people that work or go to school will be able to get to at least one of them if not more, I was planning on being in and out threw out the day.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm 

I have made up a 5-hour playlist of music from all the games, music made by explorers, and songs that have been used in various Uru music videos*. I'll start playing this at noon Pacific time, so those of you who want to amble down memory lane will have lots of time.

It'll be on Ashtar's Shoutcast server, as usual for Radio KTDN, at
Code:
http://radioktdn.zapto.org:8025

Use any media player. If you're using Windows Media Player you may need to change your skin to view the File menu. Pull down File, select Open URL, and paste in the above. Or use your browser and go to the Server Status page, then click on Listen among the buttons at the top of the page.

Starts:
Noon, US Pacific
2P US Central
3P US Eastern
9P British
9P Central European (assuming no daylight saving in Europe)

If someone wants me to start earlier that's not a problem. Let me know.

*Tai might need a box of tissues... :)

Edit: Thanks, Rusty.

Last edited by Lord Chaos on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, LC. 8 pm Zulu + 1 (BST now). [The 8 pm is correct, it's just that no-one's on GMT at present]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

/me makes a note to buy more tissues before the 11th. :wink: Thanks, LC.

Karkadann wrote:
Uh oh what does a host do?

Well, first, if you're NOT a moderator in the chat room, then I would suggest you discuss it with them first to make sure they're prepared for the influx of guests.

When you've agreed on the time period(s) that the room will be hosting a gathering, let me know and I'll add it to the announcement.

Then, plan to be in both the place where you're hosting and in the Cyan Chat room so you can relay tidbits of information back and forth. For example, you might tell the people in CC who's at your gathering and vice-versa. Then, if "Joe waves to Cindy" etc., you relay that back. And, that's all there is to it. Just making the connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:58 am 

Well I actually not a moderator any where cuz I aint sure what they do either I just suggested it because its "The Myst Online Info" chatroom with a nice background of the fountain in Bevin. I figured it would just be a bunch of people chatting back and forth. But I'll drop by in the morning and ask them, I guess its something I should have done first before volunteering their site. :oops:

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 pm 

It's ok, Karkadann, I am the creator, host and owner of the site and chatroom, and mentioned this thread to one of the mods yesterday. You can either PM me, or drop by and speak to the moderators in person. I know for a fact they don't bite (too hard) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm 

We only bite when we are hungry..... :) but we feed regularly so that you are pretty safe. lol

We in the MystOnline Chat are very happy to welcome explorers on Saturday as always, and will be very glad to see one and all and share with great pleasure. We have room in our main chat room for up to 100 explorers and other rooms as well. Our Chat room has technical limitations that limit relaying, so we will be a live and on location only chat. But as always and since April of 2008, MystOnline Chat will be really glad to see any who want to drop by. Shorah and welcome to all and it is wonderful to be returning to the Cavern soon.

You will need to sign up in advance on our site for your user name and access which is sent to your e mail but it only takes a few minutes....and we have nice blogs and news on our site as well as the lovely URU 2D tour of the cavern thanks to our much estemed Host Sophia :)

it is amazing to realize it has been almost a year since the beginning of Intermisison and it will be wonderful to be back....

Mara and Cris
Moderators
MystOnline Chat
http://.www.mystonline.info

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sounds really fun! Dont know for sure, so I wont sign up anywhere, unless i am positive! I would hate to take the place of someone who is definate.

Anyone vounteer their guild hall in Guild War yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Todoni wrote:
Anyone vounteer their guild hall in Guild War yet?

Nope, not yet. And, I know there is a very large Uru community there, so I would really like for them to be included. Perhaps you could talk to a few people there and see if there is any interest.