It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Here comes the hard part: the thank-yous. I'm always afraid I'm going to leave someone out or forget to mention an action that made the event special. My apologies in advance if I do; it was such a wide-spread event with so many people involved that it's hard to remember all the details that added up to made it so great. Please post here if you think of someone or something I failed to mention.

First, thank you to Lord Chaos who agreed to do this way back in November when I first had the idea. I must confess that I wouldn’t have gone through with this without him; it just wouldn’t have felt like a real Uru event without him. His almost six hour set of Myst-Uru music was the best I’ve heard, yet. It included all the music from every Myst and Uru game, plus songs from Uru videos made by explorers – and was laid out in such a way as to provide the perfect background for the chat with intermittent tugs on the heart. I think his voice was what I’ve missed most this past year, so it was very nice to hear that again, as well. To top it all off, he stayed in the chatroom from beginning to end, keeping the chat lively and upbeat.

Thanks to DaytonaKit and BeachRm for encouraging me to go through with it at this time; to Kit for directing me to the new karaoke site where it could be discussed with the DJs who don’t frequent this forum; to all the DJs who helped me to understand the technical ends and outs.

To everyone who encouraged me along the way, especially DudeMom who went out of her way to promote the event.

To the D’niJs who broadcast: TheDoctor / Lord Chaos / BeachRm / Dichromus and the co-streamers who rebroadcast to allow for more listeners: Dichromus / Dagda / Donahoo. And, to Dagda for reading, recording and broadcasting vid’s Recap of the Restoration.

To all the in-world organizers: Dagda & Jeff Lewis in Second Life; Skydivers in Second Life; Taelos in There; Amarez & BrettM in Guild Wars; CrisGer, Sophia, Mara & Karkatahn in the MystOnline chatroom.

To those who didn’t even know they contributed: vid for writing the Recap of the Restoration which Dagda read; and everyone who created an Uru video which then made the song they used synonymous with Uru in our minds.

To everyone who shared pictures during the chat. I hope more will follow VixBlu’s example and post them here in this thread.

And last, but certainly not least, thank you to everyone who attended. You are the reason we did this and your enthusiasm in attending made it all worthwhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm 

I only went to a very few places, but it was indeed a great party. Thank YOU, Tai'lar, for your hard work, sweat and tears to make this possible :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ditto! Thanks Tai'lahr and everyone else. I got to pop in for a moment in Cyan Chat and Mystonline.info and was glad to see so many familiar names. Here's to staying connected!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Please post here if you think of someone or something I failed to mention.

You asked for it.

Thanks Tai'lahr for bringing this great community together!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:14 pm 

I had a wonderful time yesterday, and got to know many of you much better!

Lord Chaos - Great music! That's what really got the party started, for me.

Tai'lahr - That was just what this community needed! Thank you for this great idea, and all of the work that it required.

Everyone else - Thanks for being there! I sure wasn't lonely in Cyan Chat!

I noticed something strange during this: It felt like a real non-internet party. I felt like I was at a party. I think that it was LC's music that did it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:48 pm 

Gee, that was fun.....need to do it again some time. :D

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Big, big thanks to Tai'lahr for doing this for us all. What a spectacular get together!

It's things like this, where we meet across the metaverse (love that term!) which keeps us together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm 

New times, old times. I was glad to see so many folks from Uru, whom I've not seen on a forum, come to the chat room.

Thank you for organizing this, Tai. You weren't the only one in need of tissues.

Some personal side notes:
[spoiler]
The chat... I first tested the chat on the Mac. It worked fine, so I figured the PC would be no problem. Wrong. Internet Explorer wouldn't run it at all. So I installed Firefox. Still didn't work. Somewhere I noted that the chat wanted Java, so I downloaded that. Good. Now the chat works. Except that it crashes all the time. I finally switched back to the Mac that was already dealing with the music and nothing exploded. :)

The voice... I designed the playlist to be self-organizing. No introductions needed. Just start it and let it go. I set up a new leader sequence too, to get everyone into the mood. Well, they were already in the mood when I got to the chat so I jumped the gun and started playing Beach Boys. Started the leader, and then Tai said "I'm looking forward to hearing your voice, perhaps more than anything else..." Uh, oh. I can't tell her I'd planned to be quiet. "Pilot" was about done. Quit thinking and let the heart do it.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

"The heart" did quite well, LC! Not only was it warm and personal, but very professional - like you do it for a living, but, of course, with heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 am 

Definitely heartfelt thanks to LC & Tai both. Wonderful idea, wonderful music, wonderful party!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 am 

That was tons of fun everyone, and thanks Tai for the launching of our first Reunion Day...it was great to see so many old and new friends on all the locals, really was a nice feeling, and the music was wonderful by everyone and Max really enjoyed the tunes Lord Chaos, that was a blast....

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awww, LC. <more tears> Thank you. I am very, very touched that you did that for me.

[spoiler=Just for you.]*giggle*[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I didn't get to stay long in the chat, but I did get to listen to most of LC's myst music sequence. Very appropriate for the day and LC's reflections added that something special to the event.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Typlical I look at the forum a week too late! Sounds as if it was really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not to worry, Songe. There is talk of doing another gathering, maybe even something semi-regular. So, keep checking back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next