It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 pm 

I just asked if my dad could sign it and he was pretty O.K. about i! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

No, lego addict. You can still only talk about beta to those who are in beta. GD has already posted that the NDA ends three years after go-live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm 

I think he was giving an example of the questions his mom asked him.

KI# 45434

Post subject: Sticky mess
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:08 pm 

Well I answered a post by JeannieJ thru PM, told her to ping the moderators for better instructions, and offered to get the ball rolling for her by forwarding them her PM. They sent me a PM to forward back saying to submit a ticket to the support site.

Have to wonder how many of the postings on the open forum are "Beta Bait" and how many are really testers out in the cold because of account activation issues.
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:16 pm 

lego_addict wrote:
My Mum (who had to sign it) read it through and then I read it through and then she quizzed me on it.

That's got to be the awesomest thing I've heard all day! Wow, props to Mom for taking it seriously, that's quality parenting right there... :thumbs up:

MJ, you can just take a look at the beta usergroup list to see if someone is "baiting" us or if it's for real. So far the last couple guys really are official beta testers, they just haven't taken the time to read the emails and understand what's going on...

~Rils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt,

I just wanted to thank you for this list of suggestions. Rusty also PMed me with some similar advice; I'll take it to heart.

You've got a good solution there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

The first idea for this thread is a real help and a useful action too to help soemone that have made an error.

So, the kind of discusssion started after really seems only noise ................
SORRY - Someone has made an error, some peoples has helped ...

and we all know what to do in similar situation :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can't any old how when you'd fall as foul as the original poster. We're bound by an NDA. No ifs, no buts. A silent PM is the only way we can help within those constraints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a thought here, but... knowing that the original poster in question here was French Canadian, I think that there might have been a bit of a language barrier issue as well...

Whatever the reason for an accidental breach, I do think we all need to make sure that we season our responses with kindness rather than vinegar. :D

I, too, sent a PM to conndarus, I just didn't see the need to post that I had done so originally... But it does make me wonder just how many similar/identical helpful PMs s/he received... Sometimes too much help can be just as overwhelming as none at all... Poor thing! (I wonder if s/he felt trounced by the response....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

That was good of you, L'lee. Maybe they were swamped - but here it's better to be told multiple times in PM than at all in public and certainly better than not at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:27 pm 

Last night I made a quick post to the French language section of the beta forum asking if someone there could intervene since it was clear that there was a language barrier. I had previously sent him a PM that I don't think he read.

Albert was kind enough to respond to my forum post by sending him a PM in French that I hope solved the problem. We've such a wealth of resources in our community on which to draw.

Lial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:43 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
No, lego addict. You can still only talk about beta to those who are in beta. GD has already posted that the NDA ends three years after go-live.

Hmmm. So that should eventually be viewed in the past-tense as well for 3 years (or until Cyan gives the all-clear) after Live goes, well, live--ie, 'You can still only talk about beta to those who *were* in beta.'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry, Chris. There are two issues covered in my reply to lego_addict. When open beta takes over from closed beta we can still only talk to people in beta.

Once beta has finished and we are live, 3 years has to pass before the NDA lapses and we can talk to anybody about beta who wasn't involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, you need to distinguish closed beta from open beta. It seems doubtful that open beta will have an NDA - otherwise, it wouldn't be open, now would it? If I recall correctly, Prologue, the previous open beta, had no NDA.

When open beta begins, anyone who was in closed beta cannot talk about the closed beta to anyone who is in open beta and was not in closed beta. Because there probably won't be a closed beta forum anymore, that really means you shouldn't talk about the closed beta in any public forum or space. Something like the original Rehearsal beta might continue, but that would be covered by a new NDA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:19 pm 

Yeah but after those three years have past the really fine fineprints of the NDA kicks in and we're all shipped off to work in the secret factory underground the Cyan HQ producing cones for the rest of our lives!
I'll come off easy making coffee though. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next