It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:48 am 

Anyone else notice the "mild/infrequent cartoon or fantasy violence" rating? I don't recall Myst having much violence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Koetsu wrote:
Anyone else notice the "mild/infrequent cartoon or fantasy violence" rating? I don't recall Myst having much violence.

Yes I noticed that . . . . . :? The only thing I can think of is the artifacts that appear in Achenar's rooms. . . some of them indicate a volent nature. . . otherwise none. . .

:? what I also wonder is why it says it was released on April 22, 2009 !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:59 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm downloading it, though I won't be awake when it finishes. I'm so happy to see this on the iTunes store, though. I distinctly remember when Rand told me how much he wanted to see Myst on the iPhone, how he was planning to go back and assemble the best available images and sound to create a fully immersive portable experience, and we've finally come to this moment...

Very exciting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 am 
Obduction Backer

:D Downloaded and installing as we speak...

Mystdee wrote:
:? what I also wonder is why it says it was released on April 22, 2009 !

Oh dear. Looks like release dates are still handled in the same unfortunate way. Chogon, weren't you aware of the ways to work around this?

Random Google hits:
http://blogs.oreilly.com/iphone/2008/12 ... tches.html
http://majicjungle.com/blog/?p=115
http://www.dragthing.com/blog/?p=37

And some of the many threads in Apple's developer forum:
https://devforums.apple.com/message/35292
https://devforums.apple.com/message/53255
https://devforums.apple.com/message/47126
https://devforums.apple.com/message/34289
https://devforums.apple.com/message/46342
https://devforums.apple.com/thread/11480

I don't know if this can still be changed now that the app is out. Looks like some lost sales... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 am 

Wow, 727 megs is pretty big. From the beginning, it said 65 minutes for the download and it appears that it's going to take the entire time. I have a connection of 188 kilobytes per second (emphasis on the bytes so there is no confusion with bits). On Comcast cable it would only take like 5 minutes :(
I do hope they fix that search problem because people aren't going to be typing in "cyan myst" when they search for the game. It is correctly titled "myst" so I don't see what the problem is. I WANT THIS GAME TO SELL BABY!
Although I suppose that once it gets into the top 25 it won't matter much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:22 am 
Obduction Backer

What do you mean by "that search problem"? I found it just fine by searching for "Myst", did anyone have different experiences?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 am 

Christian Walther wrote:
What do you mean by "that search problem"? I found it just fine by searching for "Myst", did anyone have different experiences?

It shows up in iTunes under "applications" when you search "myst" but not in the actual search results. It also doesn't show up in the app store on the iphone. It only shows up in both properly when you search "cyan myst".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:46 am 
Obduction Backer

When you search for Myst in the app store directly on your iPhone, it's not listed as the first app, but it appears somewhere further down the list for some odd reason. :? So, I searched the app store with my iPod today, sighed because I didn't see Myst, and then read here that it just was available! :P

I'm very glad that Myst is there! :D :D I've just done Channelwood. :) I found out that the game automatically zooms in when you have to press buttons (or read books in the Myst Library).
[spoiler]The way the match (to get to Channelwood) works is also quite nice! :P[/spoiler]

Hopefully the game will be one of the top apps soon! I'll certainly be writing a praising fanboy review in the Dutch app store. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Downloading right now :D

What would be great is if everyone here who downloads it and likes it were to write an iTunes review - that may help boost Myst's profile somewhat :)

Koetsu wrote:

Achenar's room in Channelwood is a tad frightening, with that bear-trap thingy. Seems like a fair rating to me.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I think the rating is fair... I thought the rooms of the brothers were quite scary when I first played Myst. :P Besides, I don't think there's anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch younger than 9.

I wrote a praising review for the Dutch app store... now it's 'under review'. I hope the review process for reviews doesn't take as long as we had to wait on Myst. :lol: I also sent the news to the biggest Dutch computer news website... hopefully they will mention it. For Myst, it's a bit unfortunate that App store ratings and reviews are per country, but we'll see how it turns out! :)

EDIT: At the time of writing, Myst is the 100th best paid app in the game category in the Dutch app store! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Erik wrote:
Besides, I don't think there's anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch younger than 9.

:shock: You'd be suprised...

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:24 pm 

thesaxmaniac wrote:
On Comcast cable it would only take like 5 minutes :(

Na, it took like about 15 minutes I guess.

Beautiful, but miss the "zip mode". Thanks Cyan Worlds! Saw the Sunsoft credit too.

Last edited by mtn'man on Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 pm 

Been checking this forum for a long time, for the release of Myst on the iphone.
Just registered to say that I have bought and downloaded the game. Huge fan of the series. :)

(Now if they would just start working on Riven ;))

Greetz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: First trailer to the right, and straight down till morning.
Erik wrote:
EDIT: At the time of writing, Myst is the 100th best paid app in the game category in the Dutch app store! :D

I wonder if the statistics for all the app stores are shared or divided amongst the individual countries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:58 pm 

YAY!!! :D
I don't have an iPhone but I'm so happy that Myst is finally out!!!!

btw, I'm submitting the news to the GoMe Feed but I only see the price in €. How much does it cost in US$?

/happy dance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next