It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:17 pm 

Nice, nice!

I hope it can keep up like that. Reviews are good, but we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Koetsu wrote:
Can't quite remember, and it might be different in the iPhone version... Can you put all of the pages in either book without having to use it? I'd like to get all of the pages for both without needing more than one save file. :?

You can put all the pages in (except the very last) without rescuing either brother, if that's what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 pm 

Hello !! :-)

It's a great news that Myst is at last available on the App Store... :D

But I'm afraid it's only in English... :cry: Are you planning to include other translations in the near future... ?

Many thanks ! :-)

François

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:34 pm 

I bought this and it's fantastic. Well done Cyan :D

Number 4 in Adventure Games, 31 for all games, 54 for all apps here in the UK.

Taimaru Hak in Second Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

In the Dutch store: 9th overall, 4th in the games category, and 1st in the adventure category. :D Beat that! :twisted: :lol:
I hope Myst will be number one soon! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Man! I stop watching for a day... I should have known that Erik grumblings would have an affect. ;-)

This is a lot of fun and exciting. Haven't seen days like this in a while. Thanks everyone!

Christian Walther wrote:
Yes, where do we report bugs? I've run into a few too. Chogon? (Are you interested in bug reports at all?)

Yes. Let me see if there is something we can use for submitting bugs to, like what was used for UruLive.

vidkid7 wrote:
FEATURE REQUEST: Make the linking animations loop, rather than only playing once. It'd also be nice to see the opening link to Myst in full screen, but that's just being picky.... :)

Unfortunately, the iPhone MoviePlayer does not a have a loop flag and when you restarted it when it finishes there is a delay before it starts again. Hmmm, maybe there is some effect we can do while the movie is re-rolling.

thesaxmaniac wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
Nothing is wrong with the birds . . . . . now! :lol:

Now you're killing me. I have to know what was wrong with them!

Mystdee reported this bug: If you spin around at the dock for awhile you will crash.
When I was debugging it I found that the birds animation (done with flip animation instead of a movie) were causing the iPhone to run out of memory and then crash. So, when I fixed it I put in the bug report: "you will no longer crash when getting dizzy at the dock." Which Mystdee replied: "Oh good!!! it's a blonde thing LOL"

frankynov wrote:
But I'm afraid it's only in English... :cry: Are you planning to include other translations in the near future... ?

No plans at the moment but that could change ;-)

Thanks all,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it has been VERY exciting and all the comments are fun to read.

Heh, yes, the dizzy blonde . . . that would be me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Christian Walther wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
:? what I also wonder is why it says it was released on April 22, 2009 !

Oh dear. Looks like release dates are still handled in the same unfortunate way. Chogon, weren't you aware of the ways to work around this?

Rand fixed it this morning to read May 2, 2009. I'm not sure how long it takes to update, though.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:43 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Chogon wrote:
Unfortunately, the iPhone MoviePlayer does not a have a loop flag and when you restarted it when it finishes there is a delay before it starts again. Hmmm, maybe there is some effect we can do while the movie is re-rolling.

Can you have more than one movie instance? When I've had problems like this, I queue up a second instance, pause it, and have it ready to play for a seamless branch.

This goes back to my high school AV crew days showing films using changeover controls between two projectors for seamless continuation between two reels. I still notice all the cue dots on films. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote of the day:
Quote:
Now that cursed game is a threat to my, and all of our, free time again. Myst is coming out as an app for the iPhone.

You'd better get started practicing ways to hide your iPhone from your boss. I suggest the 'under the table, held between the thighs' method.

From a pre-release report at I4U News

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
Quote of the day:
Quote:
Now that cursed game is a threat to my, and all of our, free time again. Myst is coming out as an app for the iPhone.

You'd better get started practicing ways to hide your iPhone from your boss. I suggest the 'under the table, held between the thighs' method.

From a pre-release report at I4U News

That is so true, it does get a hold of your time doesn't it? LOL great comment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:04 pm 

That's great, I really hope the money will help in making new games or whatnot... you know, another myst spinoff could be great. Not uru. A different thing. Different interface and everything. Maybe playing as a d'ni before the fall. Or... another myst book, about alshender or something! or a MOVIE! YES A MOVIE! :D :D

Well, I shouldn't get my hopes up :lol: .

But really, I hope the money here will help you get back for a while... I'm no expert but I'll say the best thing for you is to make different games, for other companies. You said you had some game concepts, didn't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

JWPlatt wrote:
Chogon wrote:
Can you have more than one movie instance? When I've had problems like this, I queue up a second instance, pause it, and have it ready to play for a seamless branch.

Nope. You can only have one movie in memory at a time on the iPhone (otherwise it starts tripping over itself and plays parts of both movies) besides the limitation on app memory.
The MoviePlayer on the iPhone is really good at playing one movie full screen, forward, once. We've submitted several feature requests to Apple that would be needed for something like Riven.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

And I wouldn't be concerned that the Apple platform will continue to have restrictions like this for very long.

While it may mean more work for developers like Cyan, it sounds like Apple is seeing the iPhone/iPod as an attractive gaming platform:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/01/apple-gaming-iphone-technology-enteprise-tech-apple.html.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
Christian Walther wrote:
Yes, where do we report bugs? I've run into a few too. Chogon? (Are you interested in bug reports at all?)

Yes. Let me see if there is something we can use for submitting bugs to, like what was used for UruLive.

Cool. In that case I won't be bothering Mystdee with my bug reports (that she has graciously offered to enter into the internal bug tracking for me). One of them was the same as shown by greendragoon above, by the way. Of course, between following all the buzz here, I hardly get time to play the game, let alone write bug reports! :)

Chogon wrote:
Rand fixed it this morning to read May 2, 2009. I'm not sure how long it takes to update, though.

Whew, relief! :) Yep, it shows as May 2 here now. And ranks 15th among all paid apps, 7th in games, and 1st in adventure games. Good job!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next