It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 am 

I'm having the same problem: Stuck in the car in the underground maze, with only three areas accessible.

I had successfully navigated the tunnels before, with a red page. I went back to collect the blue page, but it wasn't where it was supposed to be. I searched the entire Selenetic Age, and could not find the blue page. I gave up, and tried to take the mine car back to Myst, following my map. At some point in the maze, the game crashed. When I restarted it, I found that I was stuck in an area that didn't correspond to any area on the map, with no way out.

iPhone 3G 16GB, OS 2.2.1

Until this bug, I was really enjoying the game. It brings back memories: I had played Myst on my old beige PowerMac G3 desktop back in 1997!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I'm having the same problem: Stuck in the car in the underground maze, with only three areas accessible.

Same problem here, too! Urgh. I hope the problem's fixed soon.

Post subject: Same issue
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm 

Same exact issue here. I hope the fix allows us to continue from where we are. I would not want to have to begin again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:17 am 

My problem is similar. I'd guess that the fixed version of the app is already making its way through the bowels of Apple, but here you go anyway:

* Suck in a single node.
* Can only go east.
* Can't backtrack east, only forward.
* No sound when re-arriving at node, and speaker button does nothing.
* Ship door doesn't open, blue button does nothing.
* "Black flash" when re-arriving at the node after going forward.
* I have a red page. Dropping the page has no effect.
* Loading a previous saved game and returning to my current game has no effect.

Unfortunately, I don't have recent bookmark (last one is in stoneship -_- ). I would have mapped these nodes, but I tend to play my iPhone games when I'm nowhere near a desk or pencil. Just for the record, this is the most tedious part of the game for me. But, still, Myst is as fantastic as I remember it :)

P.S. It's possible that I'd had a memory warning crash somewhere in this whole mess (as most large apps do).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:38 am 

This makes me really regret choosing to start with the Selenic Age. It's my least favorite (Stoneship's the best!) so I decided to get it out of the way.

If I get stuck in the first age I chose, I'll feel so rotten...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Andrew, You can start a new game by dragging the current game down to the trash can icon, when you go back to Selenitic use the correct dirrections that you can find with the hints button of the options page (if you don't know them for sure) the bug only occurs if you make that wrong turn. Also be careful to hit the correct button in Stoneship at the compass. . .similar problems there with incorrect choice (and once you hit it let the game back you out some have tapped to get out and caused the wrong button to be set when they did) sorry you hit that snag.

Post subject: Also Stucked
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:30 am 

Im also Stucked at the same point. I know exactly were I am, but one way is missing.

Hope you correct this quickly.

All the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Should be in the first update :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:56 am 
Obduction Backer

I haven't played the Selenetic age on this version, yet. Is it safe to assume that, if I go through the maze correctly in one go, I won't encounter this bug? Seems it only hits on a certain "wrong" branch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:23 am 
Obduction Backer

LuigiHann wrote:
I haven't played the Selenetic age on this version, yet. Is it safe to assume that, if I go through the maze correctly in one go, I won't encounter this bug? Seems it only hits on a certain "wrong" branch?

Yes if you go the right way all the way through you should be OK. Good luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:40 am 

If it means anything, I initially had East and West confused and that did not bring up this bug. So it is a specific wrong turn, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it does seem to be a specific turn, and if that area of the maze is avoided it seems to go through without a problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Im sorry to report I'm now also stuck in the underground car:

I don't remember why I did it (seem like a good idea at the moment :roll: ) but I traveled the last four steps backwards. And now, after the last step to the Exit (the car is pointing NW), the car will only travel backwards a short distance and stop.
I can't turn, I can't go forward (even though the track looks clear) I can only touch the "backtrack" button and go a bit further just to stop again and can't klick on anything else :-(

(iPhone 3G, 16G, 2.2.1)

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry Hamsta,
as you probably read going through this thread, the Devs have a fix coming soon. If you don't have a recent saved game to return to the only other way out is to start a new game. . . . then avoid that area of the track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm really lucky not to have run into this bug on the first go-around, but now I'm attempting the maze again to bring the other brother's page through! :crosses fingers:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next