It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

woxel1 wrote:
I'm really lucky not to have run into this bug on the first go-around, but now I'm attempting the maze again to bring the other brother's page through! :crosses fingers:

Save your game first ;)

Post subject: Same Problem
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:36 am 

Hi - I'm having the same problem, and I'm sure that this is some sort of bug.

At first everything was fine; I could navigate around the maze as one would expect (I've been through it before, about 10 years back).

After spending quite a while navigating in each direction, I managed to get myself into a point of no return. Simply put: the direction I arrived in is no longer available to me (the viewing window shows a red dot, and won't let me go back). My game is at a point right now where I only have 2 "stations" that I can visit, and can only traverse between them on a single path.

It's almost as if the game has lost track of the "state" that I'm in, and I'm trapped.

In case it helps diagnose the problem - the maze was fine at first; it was only after navigating through it for a long time that I got cornered somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:38 am 
Obduction Backer

I too seem to be in an endless loop.

After exploring in the underground railcar for awhile, I find that I can only travel East. All other directions are deadends (red lights).

When I face West, it has a red light. The 'Backtrack' button is lit, but pressing it will not reverse the car.

I can head East all night, but I think I'm just running in virtual circles.

Is this a program or user issue?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:16 am 
Obduction Backer

I am afraid there is a bug at a certain area of the track which you encounter if you make a specific wrong turn. Unfortunately there is no work around other than to avoid that area of the track, there a fix expected in the first update, in the meantime the only thing to do is to restore a saved game or start a new one, and then be sure to make all the correct turns if you try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm 

Nards!

I was just about to email the support team about this but then I saw there was a Myst Forum and decided to check there first. Lo and behold it's the number one topic in Technical Discussion.

Mystdee, I don't know if you're affiliated with the game developers, but do you have any idea when the patch will be available?

P.S. Ignore my signature, please change it to:

Catherine my dear, I am truly sorry. I am stuck and will probably die of thirst or heat exhaustion. Please, move on with your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know when it is due out, I know they will get it out as soon as is possible. They are working on it, as we speak ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for your reply Mystdee! I look forward to the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:15 pm 

I have the same SE and N 3 nodes dead end loop. Mine still makes the noise, and the speaker makes a noise as well. I have a 32 gig iPod touch v2.2.1 (3G I assume? Never paid attention to what generation...) just to add to the list.

Question though. Will the bug fix, if I am already stuck in the loop, will it just "add" the right way, or should I just go ahead and start over...? Sorry if already answered, I skimmed through the replies. = /

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmmmmm, good question Nanaki I will see if I can find out. I am not really sure.

Post subject: Re: Same problem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 pm 

LazyAndroid wrote:
I know this is being fixed, but just to confirm the bug.

I went first time for the blue page, no problem there.
I went through the maze and mapped it out on paper, since I did not know the sound clue.
(I noticed the sounds though and wrote some down).
Found the exit and then I went back for the red page.

Once on the Island I forgot what I was supposed to do and did NOT take the red page and went to the maze.
There I decided to map out all the other turns, just in case there was something important.

BIG MISTAKE, when I entered the first possible turn to the SE that path just disappeared and there is no way back.
I attach the map I drew so you can see where it all happens.

I have no savegame, so I will have to wait for the fix. I had to use a walkthrough to see if this was a bug or just me being too stupid to figure it out. Too bad, I wanted to do the entire game without a walkthrough and I was doing well till then. And on the way I also picked up some spoilers which gave away the ending (thanks wikipedia :evil: ).

EDIT: Just a little add. I noticed even in my first run through the maze that some areas where lacking sound. I did not write that down, but I clearly remember on my picture on the bottom row the right circle was lacking sound. Then I just went back and took another way and got to the exit. Might be a general bug on the maze and the reason why I did not get the sound clues.

Stuck at the very same place. When will the patch be up ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

The update was submitted to Apple on the 3rd . . . it's in their hands now :lol:
Hopefully they'll get it approved and on iTunes soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:59 am 

woo, so many new myst players! welcome! :D

(any chance for uru? :wink: :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:09 am 

What´s up with the Update ? Can´t believe it takes three weeks for Apple to aprove it. What´s the matter ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

It don't know why it's taking so long, unless maybe it has something to do with the 3.0 OS being released. . . .hopefully it will be in today :lol: . . . . but so far it's not :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 pm 

I have been having this same exact problem and there was a patch released, but I am still stuck. I guess I am stuck there forever?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next