It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all,

Just to make clear Cyan Worlds' stance:

Cyan Worlds has *not* given any permission for the Drizzle program to the creator(s) of Drizzle or anyone using it or any derivative work of Drizzle. Also, we have not given permission to any shards that uses Drizzle derived data.
And we have not given any form of sanction to any shard outside of Cyan Worlds' control.

Thanks,
Chogon

Last edited by Chogon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:29 am 

I know from what I read that a lot of it aint exactly Kosher, and I know this is no excuse but you must understand people really love being in the Caverns together and miss it so much, and want to return so badly, and have waited so long that they took it upon themselves and acted on impulse. Im not making excuses for any one its just the impression I get sometimes, all the talent and all the sites dedicated to a live version of something that is no longer live.

Cyan has priorities financial and other wise and no one really know when Uru live will return. In spite of what I may have said in the past I am for one glad Cyan has got some more projects that may turn out to be profitable. But Open source Uru Live does not seem to be on a list of profitable projects and seems to have gotten pushed aside once again. Even though their is a very large community that has made Uru live their home all we have is a offline version to tied us over until the Caverns open up once again.

Cyan has created something here, a game, or a world for some an escape or therapy for others and a community that go's world wide has made it their home, a community that will not go away and seems to be getting restless. So some have taken it upon themselves to pick up the slack that Cyan has left and created worlds for Uru, they created new features for Uru, and brought back some old familiar features some of us remember from the previous versions of Uru live

This community is dedicated to Uru CC and Uru Live so much, dedicated to something YOU Cyan has created, they did what Cyan could not, for what ever reason, all they wanted was something to remind them of what they remember from Uru live from UBI or Untill Uru or Gametap's Uru They are dedicated to keeping your creation alive until you the people of Cyan can find it within yourselves to Bring back Uru live for all of us, a day we are all waiting for.

Such a wide variety of talent, together we can do it, we can Save Uru Live for everybody but not with out you and not without Cyan. I have never seen such dedication before, it would be ashame to let it go to waist.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 am 

If the price of our return to the Cavern is faith and patience, then i have enough of both, and will wait happily for such a chance.

Thanks for sharing Chogon.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:30 am 

Thanks Chogon.

I think many have taken Cyan’s position as what you just made crystal.

But, I don’t know what that means for those developing Drizzle or using it. Or for forums that discuss it. Presumably the info about forum discussions on MOUL will go to the moderators. Shards using Myst V content? So many questions. Or maybe we should just not ask...

I suspect you’re caught in a balancing act. But this leaves the community in a tough place and dissention and disagreements are likely.

I would like to see the open source and content licenses or at least planned drafts of them published. Explaining that these have to be signed documents in Cyan’s hands before effective and subject to change would likely be needed. However, I think that would solve many problems for the community. It would allow people to decide which way they want to go or give up on.

Knowing what content Cyan plans to allow changes in, would allow us to plan how to change a beginning to the game. The original Prologue opening really does not work in a more knowledgeable MMO era, IMO. The MOUL opening has story issues, in many opinions. Knowing what we can and cannot do would allow some creative thought to move forward.

Please give it some consideration,

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:47 am 

I hope Cyan Worlds will at least try to accept Drizzle. Drizzle can help a lot.

Sorry if this post is unallowed, if it is than I'm very sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Chogon. It gives me hope to see you post anything. I've been good, but I've started to weaken, and was considering giving Drizzle a try. This gives me the strength to carry on without it.

But I really miss Minkata!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:35 am 
Obduction Backer

I think that Chogon's post needs to be carefully parsed. I read it as referring to online shards only, not the offline game, which AFAIK has and had sanction for fan-created ages to be added to the canon - otherwise the GOW and GOM would have been explicitly "de-sanctioned" by Cyan. If this is wrong, I look for clarification from Chogon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Does this include using Drizzle for off-line use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Meh, I was excited by the MagiQuest mmo by Cyan, I had wanted to play it, hey, it was by Cyan, why wouldn't I want to...

This, this just drives me away.

Sorry Cyan, you've just lost a fan.

I still love Uru, don't get me wrong, but, I do not, love Cyan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 pm 

It seems almost as if your leaving a chocoholic in front of a 10 pound bar of Hersey's chocolate and telling her/him/them DON'T TOUCH :shock: I doubt slowing him down is gonna make any difference either.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

kaelisebonrai wrote:
Meh, I was excited by the MagiQuest mmo by Cyan, I had wanted to play it, hey, it was by Cyan, why wouldn't I want to...

This, this just drives me away.

Sorry Cyan, you've just lost a fan.

I still love Uru, don't get me wrong, but, I do not, love Cyan.

Be patient. This is a delicate juncture for Cyan, and they have to be careful to protect their interests. They've always been reasonable folks, and they've already said they want to work with the community on MOUL and such, but any unauthorized shenanigans can put that in jeopardy by making things worse for Cyan. Let them call the shots, and in due time we will all be rewarded for our patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've been patient. I've been very patient, we all have. Spring? What happened to spring?

Now, this? May I note, that Cyan has given permission to UAM (A part of Drizzle). So, no, Chogon and Cyan are not being entirely truthful with us, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, they haven't given me my pony yet, either, so I'm really mad. I asked for a pony, so where is it? I've given them so much over the years, at least $12.36, so darn it, I'm entitled to a pony. What the heck is Chogon doing, anyways? Top priority, I'm sure he said, would be my pony. And now, nothing. I want my pony.

Last edited by Zardoz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:21 pm 

kaelisebonrai wrote:
Now, this? May I note, that Cyan has given permission to UAM (A part of Drizzle). So, no, Chogon and Cyan are not being entirely truthful with us, either.

Have they? I'm pretty sure they never gave permission for any of the current tools that modify Uru. People just assume it's okay because they never said anything against them and simply quietly moderated away most posts about it.

Last edited by Herohtar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would like to see Erik's post answered. I don't know about any online shards or anything, but I am aware of an offline drizzle way to play the ages alone. It does allow you to convert your stand alone URU and Myst 5 games, but you can play them without drizzle too, so that shouldn't affect anything. What is does to is allow you to play the fan created stuff, but you still are alone in your journey.

So, I too am confused. If cyan is against the use of the offline drizzle to play the fan created ages, I'll get rid of it. But I would like that clarified.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next