It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Closing Tickets?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:08 pm 

Are we supposed to close our own tickets?

For example, if a bug is solved in the current build, should I go and close my own ticket on that issue?

Or, if I was unable to login for three days, but on the fourth day I can login, do I close that ticket, or leave it open?

I don't want to close a ticket if it means they then won't see the information, but I don't want to leave loose ends that could waste Cyan's time, either. Some guidelines on this would be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:19 pm 

If you are absolutly 110% sure that the bug is fixed in the current build and you are unable to reproduce the bug then drop a message and close the bug.

If you are not sure then leave a message but do NOT close the ticket.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:27 pm 

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic ... 2052#22052

lbell wrote:
Good discussion folks. We would be happy with either observations. Here is the way I could go about determining which to do.

1. If the bugs are absolutely 100% not happening any more then I would close them with a note that says no longer occuring --Date -- . This would apply for bugs like spelling errors or graphic fixes that are obviously there.

2. If the bugs are major and seem like there is a chance that you may be just avoiding murphys law so far then I would just attach a note that says "Not seen in current version ---Date --- ". Bugs like the net6 problem and the black screen bug would fit this perfectly.

Lbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:10 pm 

Tiran wrote:
If you are absolutly 110% sure that the bug is fixed in the current build and you are unable to reproduce the bug then drop a message and close the bug.

If you are not sure then leave a message but do NOT close the ticket.

One hundred percent correct. Thank you, Tiran.

Basically, a good way to tell in this situation is if the bug is intermittent - meaning you don't see it all the time, but you've definitely seen it - then just drop a message on the ticket but don't close it. A good example of this would be the crash to Desktop bugs when linking to an Age. If you're not seeing it any more or are rarely seeing it, hooray for you and we're all happy about that, but definitely do not close the ticket. I've seen discussions about the black screen o' death where some people hadn't seen it at all on one version but started seeing it again on the next. Since it's an intermittent thing, it's another good example of a ticket that should not be closed until we say it's fixed.

So: Intermittent = don't close.

If there's a ticket that you have submitted on something that definitely happened every single time - but doesn't happen any more after an update - you can drop a note and close the ticket. A surefire way to tell if a ticket can be closed is if you verify that the bug no longer happens, and you see it in the "Things to look forward to in update X" thread. A good example of this would be the issue of not being able to remove the Atrus Goggles in the ACA. If you have a ticket open on this, and you verify in game that they can now be removed and you see it in the "Things to look forward to in update X" thread (which you do, by the way), you can safely add a note and close the ticket.

So: Happened every time, doesn't after the update and is listed in the "Things to look forward to" thread = safe to drop a note and close.

Good discussion.

Gregbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:21 pm 

I think your posting should be made sticky and/or added to the FAQ list http://support.urulive.com/faq.php?categoryid=5. By the way to FAQ list is rather slim and outdated. It doesn't contain some information and topics that are addressed rather often in the beta forum. Is this on purpose to avoid spreading informations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:25 pm 

That was what my instinct told me but it's better to have official confirmation.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:54 pm 

Tiran wrote:
I think your posting should be made sticky and/or added to the FAQ list...

Done and done. We live to serve...

You may notice portions of what you see here in this thread missing from the FAQ article. This is intentional, and is done to protect our secret hiding place...

Gregbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:06 pm 

Great job!

/me invokes the sweet cookies over TCP/IP protocol

You have earned it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:17 am 

Secret Hiding Place? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 pm 

My earlier post that I added to the FAQ mentions the "Things to look forward to in Update X" threads. Since the FAQ is viewable by everyone, I had to remove that part. Those threads only appear here, in our "Secret Hiding Place"...

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm 

I've posted 2 tickets one early and one lately and neither been addressed.
start game - login - accept license - starting URU - gone. Nothing is logs nothing in error reports no errors just quits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]