It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Come and take a Ride for Joy with the Guild of Healers' at our Outreach Reatreat in Second Life!

When: Sunday, September 27, 2009
~~11:00am Second Life Time (US Pacific)

Our Retreat is in Eder D'uru, where there is a cavern, a city, a lake, and a Tokotah Roof. They've installed a ferry system to traverse the lake, and GoH members would like to take a JoyRide in it. Aaaand.....we'd like to invite everyone to join us!

We JoyRide to music provided by GoH D'niJ Ktahdn.

Festivities begin at 11:00am SL time in the GoH Outreach Retreat.
slurl: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eder%20D%20Uru/226/85/22

Wear your brightest, most colorful (joyful) clothing, and meet at the Retreat for party favors and a Meet & Mingle. Once assembled, we follow our Ferry Captains to the dock and see just how many of us can fit in a ferry as we travel the very-short-yet-oh-so-long journey to the first resident parcel.

Put on your best "joyful" smile and wish the residents well! Get to know them a bit and help us add some sunshine to each corner of their parcel. GoH members will lead the well wishing and leave a special gift for the resident. After spending some time there (several have very nice homes and shops they've opened up to us) we re-assemble back at the ferry dock and take the ferry to the next resident parcel.

Let your laughter "bubble up" from below (or from the side, or top or wherever you are) and don't be concerned if our journey seems to progress oh-so-slowly. The goal is less to "reach" an end as it is to enjoy the process of the Ride for Joy. We expect much chaos and havoc during our travels, but there will always be someone on the lookout (with a net) to help you should the ferry capsize.

JOYRIDER OVERBOARD!

Yeah, we expect that.

After our JoyRide, join us on the Tokotah Rooftop for an Up on the Roof! party like the old times! Music provided by Radio KTDN. We party til the "sun" goes down! (or at least for a couple of hours).

Hope to see you then!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 am 

To: Ghaelen
Subject: Going Overboard

Dear Ms Ghaelen:
Do we have enough sets of water wings for everyone?
--LC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:48 am 
Obduction Backer

To: Lord Chaos

Re: Water Wings and other Aquatic Devices

Hmmm, I don't know about water wings, although I've seen fairy wings, dragon wings, dragonfly wings, bee wings, bat wings, and butterfly wings.

There has been talk of netting of some sort. And I did notice fishing hooks in a box in one of the parcels. Those might be useful. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a quick Thank You to everyone who came to the Ride for Joy and to those who helped make it such a success!

Chaos did indeed rule the day. As expected, just getting to the next stop was a journey of hilarity. But everyone had a great time. Residents who joined us showed off their gorgeous spaces, and happy-faced well-wishers swarmed through spreading bubbly cheer. The party favors and decorations by Tai'lahr and Marten's gifts (and that sun!) were awesomely fun. Ktahdn's music was perfect., as always.

The ferry? We think we broke it. Sorry Nadnerb. ;)

Next month's Ride for Joy is planned for Devokan. Details coming soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Awesome fun. Thanks for organizing this, Ghaelen. LC, thanks for the great music, as always. Marten, thank you for all your assistance with decorations and gifts, but especially for the sun which now resides in the retreat and I'm sure will be used for a long time to come. And a very special thanks to everyone who participated and made it so much fun. snapshots here

ghaelen wrote:
The ferry? We think we broke it. Sorry Nadnerb. ;)

Ya think? :wink:

ghaelen wrote:
Next month's Ride for Joy is planned for Devokan.

Looking forward to breaking an airship this time. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm 

Subject: Reputation

Um, Ghaelen... might we be sending the wrong message here? I can just imagine the conversation...
"Hey, Landowner! Invite the Guild of Healers to your patch of the world!"
"Oh, just what I wanted. I talked to the Eder D'uru ferry operator... and the Devokan Airship Transport company... and the Ruby's Island Balloon Adventure operators.

Well, maybe it's OK. We managed to escape Eder D'uru before anyone drowned, and the management there seems to be overlooking the access of chaos...

Still, might be something we want to take up at the next meeting.

Yours in Healing Chaos
(signed) Lord Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm sorry in advance...I find it amazing that Myst fans can post things ( edited from 'garbage') about another site here...This is Myst Online - URU - Live...I know about the SL thingy....Don't like it...Didn't really like the part that you had to interact with others to get a job done (Eder's period) I like the game, I obviously enjoy the game...I'm just waiting for the next releaase/// Sorry again if I PO'd anyone....I'm out til the Real Release.....And then I can say I'm still a true Myst fan.. which you all can decipher as to what that means.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 pm 

ghaelen wrote:

Tai'lahr wrote:

Eek! Spare parts are hard to come by in these remote rural areas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:17 am 

Subject: Addressing of Musical Shortcomings

Dear Ms Ghaelen:

I'm very sorry to have disappointed so many of the kind folks at the post-chaos Roof! party by not being able to play one song. Please accept my apology for this, and be advised that I've addressed the problem. That song is on order and will be available at any future party for which you might engage my services.
(signed) Kt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dot wrote:
ghaelen wrote:

Tai'lahr wrote:

Eek! Spare parts are hard to come by in these remote rural areas!

/sendsoothingvibestoDot

Don't worry about Tai. She fixes more things than she breaks, and she will probably bring so many tools, gadgets, and gizmos you will smile like a silly person and bubble over with laughter most of the time. :) Or, you won't notice the breakage.

I think I can safely say we didn't intend to break the Ferry. After all, the intention was for us to ride around spreading good will and a wee bit of healing cheer. (Remembers the cut-out of Dudemom with her hands on her hips and visualizes a balloon with text: "You kids! Stop arguing over who will drive! Sit down! You are going to break the Ferry!)

All right, y'all, who broke the Ferry?

Maybe it's time to begin working on a mission statement:

"The Guild of Healers Outreach Retreat members promise not to JoyRide in any ships of any sort or any other modes of transportation anywhere at any time with the intention of breaking them. No member has their fingers crossed behind their back while making this promise, either."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I don't know whether to rotfl or bwahahaha here. ;)

ghaelen wrote:
I think I can safely say we didn't intend to break the Ferry. After all, the intention was for us to ride around spreading good will and a wee bit of healing cheer.

Exactly. Think of "breaking the [insert mode of transportation here]" as a euphemism for the process of spreading joy. :wink:

/me wonders if anyone has a train they'd be willing to set up for a GoH joyride.
Trains are fun and don't break easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 pm 

I thought it was particularly entertaining when the ferry decided to get back at the rambunctious joyriders and attempted to drown them... repeatedly! I wonder if this was built into the script...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
I thought it was particularly entertaining when the ferry decided to get back at the rambunctious joyriders and attempted to drown them... repeatedly! I wonder if this was built into the script...

Some inanimate objects just can't handle all that merriment bubbling up from everywhere around them. The internal systems attempt to re-align themselves far too quickly and the denseness of the language causes the code strings to stick together, unable to process at that speed. Sort of like what happened to our ferry. :)

BTW, LC, that one song.... That one, very important, not-to-be-missed melody every one knows and loves...

I am glad you will have it for the next time. Heaven knows you don't want to be embarrassed like that again. I know that all the wonderful things we had there and the great company joining us and the perfect chaotic journey and the gifts and cheer and all the rest of it should make up for that ONE SONG no one would blame you for if you didn't have....

But alas, the D'niJ knows....

I hope I don't have to actually launch an investigation into that. I nearly fell off the dock in shock and can't bring myself yet to address the memo.