It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Event: Guild of Healers' Ride for Joy, October 17, 2009
Where: Discover Devokan Island http://slurl.com/secondlife/Devokan/211/191/23

When: Gathering Begins at 11:00am SL (Pacific) Time

Shorah, explorers!
You are cordially invited to another Guild of Healers Sponsored Ride for Joy. This month's JoyRide takes place in beautiful Devokan, where creativity is healing expressed in nature. For those of you who attended last month's Ride for Joy, this will be a bit different: A journey through natural outdoor settings and multiple sailboats rather than in two large vessels.

Join us for a lovely and enjoyable time journeying the two islands of Devokan. We gather for a meet & greet at 11:00am SL time at the location landmarked above. This is a nice area close to the boat dock. From there we embark on two JoyRides: one, to the area inspired by Channelwood, and the other, a tour around the main island. We will travel in small groups in order to accommodate the size of the boats and the type of island. Our (probably somewhat chaotic) travels will take place to the accompaniment of music by GoH D'niJ Ktahdn.

For those who cannot listen in SL or are not at Devokan, the shoutcast url is: http://radioktdn.zapto.org:8025

We hope to keep everyone informed through group chat as well as through the indulgences of our D'nJ, who may interrupt the traveling melodies now and again to announce the next part of the event.

There will be a "Up on the Roof!" style party in the Sky Bone Cage after our JoyRide ends -- travel there in style using Devokan's Bubble Flyers! We dance to more melodies provided by Radio KTDN. Should party-goers wish to fill the area with "joy" and "bubble over with mirth," this would be the time to engage!

This is a continuation of the Developments in Devokan topic.

Please contact Ghaelen or Dot with any questions about the Ride for Joy.
Hope to see you there!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:42 am 

Thank you, Ghaelen, for organising this lovely event.

Thank you, Lord Chaos/Ktahdn, for the splendid choice of music that accompanied our journeying.

Thank you, fellow travellers, for sharing a magical time of companionship and joy.

Shorah b'shemtee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
It was wonderful! Thank you, Dot and everyone who hosted us at Devokan - such a beautiful place with so much to see and explore. I highly recommend visiting it. Pictures can't do it justice, but here are my shots from the joyride, anyway... Joyride in Devokan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:48 am 

Thanks for hosting us, Dot. That was quite the experience. Sailing around (I forgot to bring sunscreen, so I'm a bright red right now) and chatting, and trying to keep from falling off of things. One time the ship left the dock but those of us on board didn't move, and we plummeted to the bottom of the bay. Dot was driving and she has a heavy foot. Zoom!

There are lovely things out there... including the most beautiful flying machine I've ever seen. I have no idea how it works, but it would be fun to fly that way to, oh, Mars...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

The Ride for Joy was just lovely. Thank you Dot and all the Devokan folk for allowing us to embark upon your sailing boats and flying machines. While chaos abounded, as usual, we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Zooming through the water and watching such beautiful landscapes pass by... just amazing! My favorite is... all the ages?

Tai, thanks for posting those great pics! I took some, too, but your graphics are far better than mine.

I look forward to the next JoyRide in Devokan sometime!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299