It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The Guild of Healers will be holding a Winter Solstice Celebration at their Outreach Retreat in Second Life this Sunday, December 20th.

The day begins with the regular Weekly Meditation which starts at 10:45 am SLT (Pacific; 1:45 Eastern) at the Meditation Circle in the Healers Retreat. These are great breathing exercises led by Ghaelen using voice chat and usually last about 40 minutes. All are welcome, but please arrive on time.

Following that will be a demonstration on the Healing Properties of Laughter. As Ghaelen notes, "five minutes of laughter reduces 12 hours of stress." This demonstration will last about an hour, so participants could reduce 144 hours of stress. Please come prepared to ROTFL.

Starting at 1:00 pm SLT (Pacific; 4pm Eastern) and lasting until at least 4:00 pm SLT (Pacific; 7pm Eastern) will be the Winter Solstice Celebration with music provided by Ktahdn. This will not be your typical "Rockin' 'round the Christmas tree" type event - in either music or activities. Guests will be welcome to dance if they like, but there will be...
[spoiler=so much more to do]* Skating - alone, in pairs, or with bears
* Snowman decorating and de-decorating
* Snowball fights
* Bumper cars - holiday themed, no less
* Personalized stockings to hang on the fireplace (& place a wish inside)
* Toys & gifts to collect.[/spoiler]Participants should come prepared to observe the true meaning of the winter solstice (which is to prepare for the long, dreary winter by having a rollicking good time). This portion of the event will be held at the oversized Santa's Workshop on the North Pole skyplatform.

If you have any questions, please direct them to the Creative Idea Communicator Extraordinnair.

Respectfully submitted,
Tai'lahr, Creative Idea Communicator Extraordinnair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for posting! I'm gong to try to be there.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:57 am 
Creative Kingdoms

When I first heard of the Guild of Healing way back when it was forming... I forget how long ago, but they've been in operation for quite a while now... I remember thinking, what could they possibly do online? I have since learned my thinking was extremely limited to thoughts of pretend physicians, like virtual pizza parties. Watching their organization, posts, and what they have done has been really enlightening. There's much more to healing and health than just the physical body. And such things can actually help the body anyway. They have a lot to offer. So check them out and participate if you get a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:06 am 
Obduction Backer

And there's the party aspect too! Virtual ice skating, go carts, fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
....pretend physicians, like virtual pizza parties....

/rotf...!.. (/gulp)

To: Guild of Healers No-Nonsense Healers' Event Organizers

Re: Very Serious Medicinally-Oriented Conference

As soon as the Winter Solstice Celebration is concluded, I would like to discuss holding a conference at the Guild of Healers' Retreat. I understand that a Gravity of Serious Nonsense well has been building up around the Retreat and has caused a rather unusual reaction in those who have visited -- a sort of cough, but in the area of the diaphragm. This is an Alarming Health-Affecting Matter that requires immediate attention. If possible, I would like to consider holding this conference within the next 90 days.

If you agree, we should send out a call for papers and presentations next week. What are your thoughts on two panels of three papers each? Or three panels of six papers each? There are a number of community members involved in Humor, Health and Welfare as well as those versed in Magnetism, Radiation, Light Dispersion & Particle Emissions. I'm certain they would be able to assist us in finding a Balanced Solution for this cough.

We will also present our own humble conclusions, and of course, we will provide refreshments. I am confident the Laughing Tonic dispensers will be in full working order by then (I should also have the initial Tonic formulas prepared). We will very likely need extra plates of Well-Being Brownies, and we might order some of Urwigors' new tea; Reverse Psychology Extraction. Oh yes, and if Harmonic Hilarity is interested, the atmosphere would benefit from the music of their latest album, Anti-Gravity Affects Everyone.

I know this is a busy and festive time of year, but while you are slipping and skating. baking, munching, and Bearing gifts, perhaps we can take a few moments to set a time when we can discuss this further.

Signed,
Ghaelen

cc. JWPlatt "Thank you."

You see, this is how things get started ;)

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

A Hearty Thank you to everyone who came to the Winter Solstice Celebration and helped to make it a very special day. The laughing, the skating, the bumper car ornament crashing, and the most popular -- candy cane swingset swinging-- made the day fun from beginning to end. Our D'niJ Ktahdn entertained us with a wide range of holiday music and Tai's marvelous mechanisms provided great fun during each part of the event. Thanks also to Ruby for the incredible skating animations and to Jane for the excellent brownies and hot chocolate that kept us all going.

Best Holiday Wishes to Everyone!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'd like to express my appreciation as well to everyone who contributed to making this event a great success in my book.

Ghaelen has already thanked the D'niJ, Ktahdn (awesome playlist as always!), Ruby for the really fun skating animations (I'm just sorry RL kept her from enjoying it herself) and Jane for the refreshments (and, I'll add, the awesome hand-painted rocking horse by the Christmas tree and the beautiful wreath she purchased in support of Kiva). So, I'll just thank Ghaelen for organizing the event, contributing decorations, leading meditations and fun demonstrations, and generally setting the tone for the day, making us all feel merry and bright. :D

But, mostly, I want to thank the guests who not only made it all worth while, but contributed so much joy to the event. After much silliness, we all settled into the swings, listened to the music and just enjoyed each others' company and good conversation.

I’ve been thinking about JW’s post and wanted to comment on it because I pretty much felt the same way when they first began. I recall hearing about their “Circles in Tsogahl” events in the cavern and assumed they were just meditations. Second Life has afforded guild members the opportunity to express themselves in ways they couldn’t in the cavern, and therefore bring more attention to the guild, but that’s unfortunate in some ways because these people don’t need props to have a good time and make others feel good, too. Quite honestly, after all the planning, building and scripting for this event, I must admit that the best part of the day was just sitting and enjoying good conversation with nice people (and the music helped set the mood, too).

The Guild of Healers does have one serious goal in mind which is to uncover information about the original guild in D’ni, but hopefully, we’ll discover that they also used laughter to promote good health and well being.

Respectfully submitted,
Tai'lahr, Creative Idea Communicator Extraordinnair

Reading over this post, it sounds far too serious, so I must go make restitution by creating something silly in SL. :P