It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

ddfreyne wrote:
I updated the play tab (with Mark’s permission) from 2009 to 2010 because 2009 is outdated and factually wrong.

Unless someone activates the time machine.

Mine is broken. :( I need to fix the flux capacitor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:38 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've been finding that DeLorean spares are increasingly hard to come by these days. :? But at least the stainless steel body panels don't rust :wink:

PJ Grady probably can't help with a replacement Flux Capacitor, but they can do most other repairs: http://www.pjgrady.co.uk/Index.aspx :P

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm 

The simplest way to Throw them a bone ...when the Cavern reopens is to re install some of the barreirs and have phased return to the full area and some brief appearances by the DRC unique avatars ...they would not have to say a lot but it would give the world a feeling of life ..i know the avatars still exist and could be run by anyone at Cyan..... and there would not have to be a lot of scriptiong, just..."We are re opening the Cavern, please be careful" type appearances in all time zones to include all world players. There are other htings that can be turned on and off and that would give the Cavern a feeling of life too.

I dont think it matters as much BEFORE we return as it does to give the cavern a feeling of being alive, no matter how simple and trivial the changes....and that would not take complex story building or plot generation by secret groups. Just a thought.

Occasional appearances by Bahro would be appropriate and fun too, i know i would enjoy it very much.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Your suggestion is a possibility Chris.
Still I prefer that the creative ppl amount the community members will "make" the story.
Possible we will need the help from the VaultManager (Cyan) for this.
If MOULagain is the road to MORE or OS than I think it is important that the fans take part in the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:55 pm 

Yes i totally agree, i was probably not clear in what and how i said what i said. I just was trying to suggest something that would take the least amount of work on someones part, and would permit a feeling of life in the Cavern that was not dependent on any one agenda or group to bring it to creation, as there have been a wide vareity of theories and "movments" for what to do with the Cavern once it returns and I hope for things to come back to life with the least amount of politics or need for anyone to be "in charge" :) For that reason i thought maybe Cyan could just do a few things with some few minutes of staff time to do it and keep things moving along until the community can decide or form some form of working coalition.

Just some thoughts on a Sunday.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I thought Robert the Rebuilder's original post was more to do with stirring up a little bit of excitement amongst the fan base in advance of the cavern re-opening, rather than trying run some storyline once people are back in. I think that's also what Tai'lahr's subsequent suggestions were aimed at too.

I would have anticipated that Cyan would run a phased re-opening anyway, much as they've done with us. It would just make sense. Although, I'm thinking that Cyan may want to increase numbers fairly gradually - see how the servers cope, etc., so that may affect policy.

But it's not a case "one or the other" - both pre-opening and post-opening things can be done.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Mac_Fife wrote:
I would have anticipated that Cyan would run a phased re-opening anyway, much as they've done with us. It would just make sense. Although, I'm thinking that Cyan may want to increase numbers fairly gradually - see how the servers cope, etc....

That's exactly what I was thinking when I made my suggestion. Chogon indicated that others would be added to beta, so I figured why not let us suggest the people to be invited - with an emphasis on people who liked to be IC in order to set the tone of the cavern for those that follow. If they want a trickle, let us invite a few each and those few would invite a few more each, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting points, to which I might add that the more IC this project can be, the more "real" it will be to the participants. We all remember those electric moments "way back when", when DRC members were seen in the Cavern, barriers disappeared, and so forth.

Any attempt Cyan can make to re-introduce those elements would make a world of difference, and hopefully wouldn't take too much time on their end. It would raise MOULagain from "Uru on Life Support" to more of a realtime adventure, as it was originally meant to be.

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 pm 

...would this be a good time for me to say: "The Plot Thickens"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes Ethan, I think it would!

:-)

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
The simplest way to Throw them a bone ...when the Cavern reopens is to re install some of the barreirs and have phased return to the full area and some brief appearances by the DRC unique avatars ...they would not have to say a lot but it would give the world a feeling of life ..i know the avatars still exist and could be run by anyone at Cyan..... and there would not have to be a lot of scriptiong, just..."We are re opening the Cavern, please be careful" type appearances in all time zones to include all world players. There are other htings that can be turned on and off and that would give the Cavern a feeling of life too.

I dont think it matters as much BEFORE we return as it does to give the cavern a feeling of being alive, no matter how simple and trivial the changes....and that would not take complex story building or plot generation by secret groups. Just a thought.

Occasional appearances by Bahro would be appropriate and fun too, i know i would enjoy it very much.

Every time the cavern closes and reopens they stagger the release of the city, and it annoyed a lot of people, especially when they did it in MOUL. Countless times we've had to wait weeks for the city to be returned, instead of just giving it back opened. The city is one of the main places people liked to go to hang out, being relegated to just going to the Great Stairs, no where else got boring quickly.

Now if the city had areas closed down, I'd suggest keeping most of it open and only closing a small part, and having a good reason (which will follow through and not just stop like a lot of MOUL's story plot points) for it to be closed.

The cavern should probably return in the state it closed, which was with everything on and open IIRC.

I disagree, with the before statement, I think slowly ramping it up with IC stuff before hand will give it more of a natural feel when people do actually return, MOUL severely lacked the IC ramping up that Prologue had with Zandi, and that probably did more harm that good.

As illustrated in this thread the plots do not need to be complex or anything of the sort, a comment here, a DRC forum post there, a blog entry elsewhere can slowly bring things together without the need of there being a huge force or thought process behind it.

Getting players involved with the story and contributing would be a good thing, it would lean away from the "we're spectators and the DRC are the actors on stage" feel MOUL had, Prologue was better with this and the players interacted and had more of an impact on what was going on which MOUL lost (especially with the introduction of episodes).

This would also lead to the concept that the DRC may not even return, Cyan had people acting those roles and being paid to do so, so the concept of those coming back in a large enough form when Cyan needs to spend wisely may not happen, thus it would be down to the players to progress any story line that is running or they want to run, involving them and getting them into that mindset earlier would be more beneficial.

Last edited by Tweek on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:11 pm 

Quote:
Interesting points, to which I might add that the more IC this project can be, the more "real" it will be to the participants. We all remember those electric moments "way back when", when DRC members were seen in the Cavern, barriers disappeared, and so forth.

Any attempt Cyan can make to re-introduce those elements would make a world of difference, and hopefully wouldn't take too much time on their end. It would raise MOULagain from "Uru on Life Support" to more of a realtime adventure, as it was originally meant to be.

Mowog

says it very well in my humble thoughts..... whatever we can do to bring life and connect to the story as it has developed is good. URU and MOUL are what they are, and building on that and going forward connected to the past firmly seems the best and most postive way to move into the future. I for one enjoy the DRC and hope to see more of them, and more of what we love about the story as it is unfoldling. We can certainly be part of that, and I hope to, but i dont want to throw it all away for some form of sand box. URU and MOUL are much much much MORE. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I've been keeping my eye on the DRC forums and finally found a new post there today in the Is Uru Going thread - by someone who just registered yesterday. It appears to be just an ordinary explorer, but I found the wording in the last line a tad suspicious:
lule wrote:
What ever bone Rand or Cyan throws us will seems very meaty compared to what we have now,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

meh it's telling me my account over there is inactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 am 
Obduction Backer

I think it's just a coincidence, Tai'lahr. After all, the 'bone' reference in my OP came from Laxman's 16 January 2006 post.

Three days until the anniversary... what will RAWA do?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next