It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 am 

wow

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:44 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Please, no more Cyan run Uru or Uru with corporate overlords.

I see where you are coming from, but if it hadn't been for our 'corporate overlords' there would have been no Uru in the first place. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

aloys wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
Please, no more Cyan run Uru or Uru with corporate overlords.

I see where you are coming from, but if it hadn't been for our 'corporate overlords' there would have been no Uru in the first place. :)

Which is why I said "no more" and not none ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:51 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Please, no more Cyan run Uru

That just seems...odd to me, somehow. I mean, it's one thing to say that we want to play in their sandbox, and please give us the tools to do it... it's another for them to build the sandbox, and then get told they aren't welcome.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
Please, no more Cyan run Uru

That just seems...odd to me, somehow. I mean, it's one thing to say that we want to play in their sandbox, and please give us the tools to do it... it's another for them to build the sandbox, and then get told they aren't welcome.

Cyan's run Uru twice and it's failed. We ran Uru once and it stayed alive until Cyan pulled the plug... Hmm...

Though I could care less about their providing a sandbox. Just some source code, please.

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:57 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Cyan's run Uru twice and it's failed. We ran Uru once and it stayed alive until Cyan pulled the plug... Hmm...

Though I could care less about their providing a sandbox. Just some source code, please.

And then everyone will have to wait until you finish fixing the code to make the game playable again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 am 
Obduction Backer

realXCV wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:

And then everyone will have to wait until you finish fixing the code to make the game playable again.

Better to wait for something to last than to get something fast that won't last.

But anyway, I get the point. All of you hate me, so I might as well vamoose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:04 am 

Quote:

Sounds to me like all you want is to be in charge, haha. In charge of a game, you said you hated, don't know how well that'll work out. No offense, but hex isle didn't look too good from the screenshots I saw, and I don't think you'll make it look any better. Cyan hasn't failed me yet as far as quality goes, besides they were in a big budget both times, they won't be this time. So chill, haha.

This is good news, would you rather uru never come back? They don't have to do any this, but they are so, show a little gratitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:11 am 

Dakro wrote:
Quote:

Sounds to me like all you want is to be in charge, haha. In charge of a game, you said you hated, don't know how well that'll work out. No offense, but hex isle didn't look too good from the screenshots I saw, and I don't think you'll make it look any better. Cyan hasn't failed me yet as far as quality goes, besides they were in a big budget both times, they won't be this time. So chill, haha.

This is good news, would you rather uru never come back? They don't have to do any this, but they are so, show a little gratitude.

Well put. :)

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes because whenever someone mentions anything about code obviously they want to control everything.

Simplicity wins all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Dakro wrote:
Quote:

Sounds to me like all you want to do is attack people at random and bring up random tangential facts to support your shaky claim...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

My only comment regarding Adam's post is when did Cyan run Uru twice? They did UU and that was it as far as I am aware, first time was Ubisoft, then Cyan, then Gametap...?

Not being snide, I'm just trying to figure it out.

I dunno, potential for exploring with others is good, I miss wandering around Kadish with my wife, in terms of it being run I'd rather see it run by cyan, but that's purely because UU never personally agreed with me.

Last edited by Tweek on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Now now, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.

No matter how you look at it, it's hard not to view this as a day worth celebrating. We can't all get what we want, when most of us want something different. But we're getting something. And honestly, we don't even know WHAT we're getting yet. Come on, guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Gentlemen, could we please try to focus on the topic at hand and leave our personnal differences for PMs or other threads? Obviously personnal attacks are not welcome anywhere. :)
Thank you very much.

It looks like we are having some great news today, this is a time to celebrate and speculate and I forbid anyone to ruin my good mood. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
My only comment regarding Adam's post is when did Cyan run Uru twice? They did UU and that was it as far as I am aware, first time was Ubisoft, then Cyan, then Gametap...?

Ah, Prologue and MOUL. You're considering them run by the two publishers it seems. I'd call that Cyan since it always appeared like Cyan was running the show, and I'm certain they were (with certain amounts of pressure from the publishers).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next