It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:21 pm 

actually, cyan has never been the one to 'run' uru. ubi and gametap did that (and abyssmally so, too). uu was just an auth server that cyan provided that was accessed by various fan-run servers/shards.

the only thing cyan ran was the d'mala shard and the only purpose of that was to showcase the game for gametap.

if uru is ever going to truly succeed and come close to, and maybe even meet, the dream that cyan has for it, then THEY need be who actually runs it - with no answering to some other organization about anything. they need to be the ones making the decisions about content and progression of the game.

someone with enough funds to be able to allocate a huge chunk and have the mindset that it's very long-term investment that won't see any kind of return for a fair amount of time (and isn't concerned about it) is what is needed...then cyan could do what needs to be done and could do it all properly to provide the best product possible.

i'm talking someone megamega rich. and there are such people out there...if there was one who fell in love with the game and the whole concept of urulive, then it might be possible. the other possible is one of us fans wins a huge multi-million lottery...

otherwise, only other option to have urulive is open source and that wouldn't really be something cyan could have to much control over content-wise.

regardless, just from having been around and seeing things ebb and flow, these teasers we're seeing are the usual type we see from cyan. so, that means something is going to happen and fairly soon, too.

i am hoping against hope that it is urulive coming back with cyan at the helm. for me, that's the preferred form.

if these tidbits are just the beginning of an open source urulive, that's okay, too.

either way, we'd still be able to be in the cavern with others and THAT is what i've been missing!

*sits down and goes back to waiting patiently ( ? ) *

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 pm 

I think the question we should all be asking right now is... Who pulled the atrus? and who's the new stranger?
the obvious answer to the former of the two is Rand, but the latter of them is a bit tougher... i just hope this guy is better than the last two.

KI #12987306

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 pm 

joclyn wrote:
actually, cyan has never been the one to 'run' uru. ubi and gametap did that (and abyssmally so, too). uu was just an auth server that cyan provided that was accessed by various fan-run servers/shards.

the only thing cyan ran was the d'mala shard and the only purpose of that was to showcase the game for gametap.

if uru is ever going to truly succeed and come close to, and maybe even meet, the dream that cyan has for it, then THEY need be who actually runs it - with no answering to some other organization about anything. they need to be the ones making the decisions about content and progression of the game.

someone with enough funds to be able to allocate a huge chunk and have the mindset that it's very long-term investment that won't see any kind of return for a fair amount of time (and isn't concerned about it) is what is needed...then cyan could do what needs to be done and could do it all properly to provide the best product possible.

i'm talking someone megamega rich. and there are such people out there...if there was one who fell in love with the game and the whole concept of urulive, then it might be possible. the other possible is one of us fans wins a huge multi-million lottery...

I keep thinking that if this was being funded by someone other than Cyan (since they've had a hard year and iMyst sales are hardly gonna bring that back) the it might be Apple. I wouldn't mind Apple funding Cyan and it seems logical as Cyan have been working with them to bring Myst and Riven to the iPhone and iPod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 pm 

I wonder if this post from Laxman is the Cake we were promised after MOUL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2790

First answer from Dr.Kodama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 pm 

Kodama posted!!! On the DRC topic! :shock:

EDIT: Ditto Kai-Uwe :lol:

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm 

mmmm interesting... WHAT'S COOKING THERE?! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I hope their next post won't be: "The cavern has collapsed. There's nothing left."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:16 pm 

I don't think they'd even post anything if that were the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:28 pm 

Looks like something may be announced this weekend.

Next post: "The explorers! They painted polka dots on the Arch!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2790

The next one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm 

:shock: :D

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 pm 

oh god oh god oh god. This rly doesnt sound like open source :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

sarpedon2 wrote:
oh god oh god oh god. This rly doesnt sound like open source :shock:

I will do a happy dance if Cyan got some new funding for Uru. But I hope it's someone who will give it some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 pm 

So I guess we're pretty much sure Uru is returning in some way :D :D only question is: which way is it? :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next