It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 am
Posts: 622
Location: Southern California
IIRC, MO:UL closed in early February 2008. Was MO:ULagain's early February 2010 launch a coincidence?

_________________
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 496
Location: Australia
I wondered that myself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 am
Posts: 622
Location: Southern California
Or is MO:ULagain an early Valentine's Day present?

_________________
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 am
Posts: 935
Location: Northern Colorado
You have to admit, it takes some of the sting out of the previous February announcements.

_________________
Ki #782729
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 11:20 pm
Posts: 503
Location: Georgia, USA
Indeed, February is pretty much associated with bad... until today.

_________________
Image <--- MINE! The cones are your friends. Have you hugged a cone lately?
mtn'man KI# *was* 66952 | Don't kick the cones, they have feelings too.
Owes andylegate a beer in the pub - patcher fixed!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 pm 
Offline
Creative Kingdoms

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 6231
Location: Everywhere, all at once
The Ubisoft and GameTap cancellation announcement dates were both on February 4. The fact that MOULagain preparations were working out so close to that date did not go unnoticed by Cyan. Some of us would not let it go unnoticed. ;)

I'd like to think of Laxman's DRC post on February 4 as an announcement of sorts leading up to today's opening of MOULagain.

Nor did the date of Laxman's post escape the participants of this thread:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 358#313358

It's a real redemption for a date that needed it.

_________________
OpenUru.org: An Uru Project Resource Site : Twitter : Make a commitment.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm 
Offline
Former MystOnline Moderator

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:05 pm
Posts: 4203
Location: 56°2'26", -3°20'28"
JWPlatt pointed me here:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 358#313358

EDIT: JW beat me to it! :lol:

_________________
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:23 pm 
Offline
Creative Kingdoms

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 6231
Location: Everywhere, all at once
Heh, worth repeating, Mac_Fife.

Also, I think it's appropriate to call the date some sort of "Nexus" (get it? heh) where things of consequence seem to happen for Uru.

_________________
OpenUru.org: An Uru Project Resource Site : Twitter : Make a commitment.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1700
Location: Spokane, WA
JWPlatt wrote:
Heh, worth repeating, Mac_Fife.

Also, I think it's appropriate to call the date some sort of "Nexus" (get it? heh) where things of consequence seem to happen for Uru.

Like the Myst equivalent of November 5, 1955? ;)

Wow, my nerd is showing. Even moreso because I actually knew that date before going to 'kipedia to make sure...

_________________
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:21 pm
Posts: 2626
Location: Garland, TX - New 09/2014 KI # 60406 Moula
Alahmnat wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
Heh, worth repeating, Mac_Fife.

Also, I think it's appropriate to call the date some sort of "Nexus" (get it? heh) where things of consequence seem to happen for Uru.

Like the Myst equivalent of November 5, 1955? ;)

Wow, my nerd is showing. Even moreso because I actually knew that date before going to 'kipedia to make sure...


Awesome, I think Alahmnat!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:24 pm
Posts: 1944
Location: Italy
JWPlatt wrote:
The Ubisoft and GameTap cancellation announcement dates were both on February 4. The fact that MOULagain preparations were working out so close to that date did not go unnoticed by Cyan. Some of us would not let it go unnoticed. ;)

I'd like to think of Laxman's DRC post on February 4 as an announcement of sorts leading up to today's opening of MOULagain.

Nor did the date of Laxman's post escape the participants of this thread:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 358#313358

It's a real redemption for a date that needed it.

And even more February is a month full of deaths and rebirths:
February 15th, 2006 Birth of D'mala, the Cyan UU Shard
February 5th, 2007 Death of UU
February 15th, 2007 Birth of MOUL

_________________
"No one expects it to be a smooth ride, so let's all type twice and post once."-Zardoz
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 am
Posts: 622
Location: Southern California
I just researched the closure date for MO:UL. It was April 10, 2008. Thanks to Cyan for not waiting for that anniversary to launch MO:ULagain!!!

_________________
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 303
Leonardo wrote:
And even more February is a month full of deaths and rebirths:
February 15th, 2006 Birth of D'mala, the Cyan UU Shard
February 5th, 2007 Death of UU
February 15th, 2007 Birth of MOUL

February 15th, 1980 Birth of Anaerin
February 8th, 2010 Rebirth of MOUL

Happy birthday to me!

_________________
Avatar: Anaerin
Ki: 118686


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:04 am
Posts: 4134
February 9th 2004(?) Death of Prologue.

_________________
-Whilyam
Cavern Link:My IC Blog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 pm
Posts: 197
Alahmnat wrote:
Like the Myst equivalent of November 5, 1955? ;)

Wow, my nerd is showing. Even moreso because I actually knew that date before going to 'kipedia to make sure...



Another date in the history of science? ;)

I could do most of that movie from memory, heaven help me.....

_________________
Uru fic Seeking the Stars - comments welcome!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron