It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok, I've got MO:ULagain installed, so now I'm trying to install the AGEIA PhysX drivers that came with it. The problem is, when I accept the license agreement for the drivers, I get this error:

Help please?

Post subject: Same problem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have WINDOWS 7 64 bit and don't know what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

You should probably go to the NVidia website (www.nvidia.com), and download the latest PhysX drivers from there.

Direct link:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx_sy ... re_uk.html

(or 'Download Drivers' from the menu bar, and then choose the PhysX drivers from 'Other Drivers' on the left.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a fix for this error: Run the installer in quiet mode.
  • Go to Start - Run... (you may have to customize the Start menu to show the Run option)
  • Browse to the PhysX installer and open it
  • Add /quiet after the resulting command line, for example:
    "C:\your download location\PhysX_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware.exe" /quiet
  • Press OK

Last edited by D'Lanor on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm guessing, on Vista/Win7, this problem can also be worked around by selecting "Run As Administrator" from the context menu on the setup file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Drakmyth wrote:
I'm guessing, on Vista/Win7, this problem can also be worked around by selecting "Run As Administrator" from the context menu on the setup file.

True, but you would not even get as far as the fatal error without running it as admin.

A program started with the Run command in Win 7 btw is always executed with administrative privileges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I had searched for solutions earlier and tried the /quiet option with no success. I also went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the latest version - also with little success. Not sure what else to do. Would love to give MO:UL a go but can't get started unless i get this worked out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

/quiet mode is the fix for this error which is given on the nVidia forums. It should work.

Did you get the license agreement? If that still shows you failed to start in quiet mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm 

For this to work for me, I had to use the /quiet mode on the physX installer shortcut, rather than the installer icon itself. (with windows vista).

Post subject: Working
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Tried it again with /quiet this morning and everything went well and MO:UL now works.... don't know why i couldn't get it to work before.... Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Working
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 pm 

tjgarland wrote:
Tried it again with /quiet this morning and everything went well and MO:UL now works.... don't know why i couldn't get it to work before.... Thanks.

It works but,... be carefull.
I renewd the PhisX driver like explained here, ran it on my Radeon X1650pro which has ATI-drivers.
After playing MOUL a week the game did slow down the system & the video-card did got fright yesterday.
What happend was... PhisX (nvidia) went into conflict with the ATI-support via the MOUL game.
Luckelly i do have a backup on the hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor, I tried the quiet mode fix you suggested, but after I click run, all I see is the briefest flash of loading bar and then nothing. I checked it out in Task Manager and noticed that 2 instances of the Nvidia driver helper (nvvsvc.exe) were running. I made sure that I hadn't clicked it twice somehow by restarting my computer and trying again. I got the same extra process and it seemed like I was not able to run the installer. I checked the programs list, though, and there it was. However, it was just a few MB short of what it should have been (I had installed the regular way before and uninstalled, so I knew how big it should be.) So it looks like I stopped the installation prematurely, but how on Earth (Tomahna, D'ni, whatever) would I know when it is done installing? What exactly does quiet mode accomplish that the regular install does not?

I suppose I should mention that I'm running Win 7, 32 bit, with a Nvidia Geforce G 105m video card and the most recent drivers. The reason I even tried this fix in the first place is that I don't get the PhysX install prompt when I start URU at all. Instead, it goes straight to "Starting URU, Please wait..." which it naturally never does. No one else has been able to come up with what my error is (mostly because I get no error message or stack dump), but since it misses that critical PhysX step, I figured that's what it must be. Any thoughts on what I might still be doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

The quiet mode is a specific workaround for the "Installation ended prematurely because of an error" problem. If you are not seeing that error this workaround won't make a difference.

If PhysX is not installed Uru will attempt to run the PhysX installer. Since that is not what is happening I doubt that your problem has anything to do with PhysX..

Anyway, you can easily determine if PhysX is installed. Go to the Control Panel and if it is installed you should see the PhysX icon there.

Post subject: VERY FRUSTRATED
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 am 

I have tried everything under the sun to get this thing to work but the furthest i have gotten is the little loading icon when the game starts to load and then it stops and pops up a really annoying "Severe error" message. Tried the /quite and it didn't work. Also tried the direct link and that didn't work...any suggestions on how to end my frustrations? Let me know any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
/quite

Did you type /qui te or /qu i et?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]