It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:30 pm 
Cyan Employee

Dear Myst Online: Uru Live fans,

GameTap is celebrating its first birthday on October 17, and they just made two big announcements which should make many of you happy even though neither one specifically involves Uru Live:

1) GameTap will officially launch in Canada on October 17th. This is the first step in GameTap’s international expansion and means that our Canadian friends can sign up for GameTap beginning October 17th to take advantage of everything that GameTap has to offer while awaiting the launch of Uru Live.

2) As part of the GameTap birthday celebration, a very special offer has been announced, but it is only valid until October 22. Anyone who signs up for 1 full year of GameTap between now and October 22nd will receive their 12 month package at 50% off the regular price. That means you get 12 full months of GameTap for only $59.40 compared to the regular cost of $119.40. That brings your monthly cost down from $9.95 to $4.95.

Quote:
-----------
UPDATE: The birthday offer appears to have been extended until Oct. 31st! It's not too late to sign up!

Added by Reverend Vader
-----------

That’s obviously a huge savings and the $60 price gives you 12 months of over 700 of the greatest video games of all time plus all-new GameTap Originals like Sam & Max: Season 1 (launching on Oct. 17) and Myst Online (launching this holiday season) for less than the cost of one new next generation console game. This limited time offer is a great option for those of you who are on tight budgets and are going to sign-up for Myst Online but were going to wait until it actually launches. Sign-up now and you’ll save 50% off your entire first year of GameTap and be sure to use this special Uru Live link to let GameTap know you’re signing up because of Uru and click on any of the “sign up” now links on GameTap.com.

Please note this offer is also valid for those of you who are already GameTap subscribers. Just click the Uru Live link to show your support and then sign-in at the members tab on the top right of the GameTap homepage. You’ll see the special $4.95 annual rate and once you select it you’ll automatically be transferred to that offer at the end of the month.

It would really send another strong message to GameTap if a lot of you signed up for the special offer using the special Uru Live link. As always, thank you for your continued support.

Cyan Worlds

Note: This offer is only valid in the United States and Canada as GameTap is not currently available in other countries.

Last edited by RAWA on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Totally signing up for this! :)

I'm glad we're going to have GameTap in Canada now. There were several games I wanted to play in addition to Uru.

Thanks for the heads up, RAWA.

Annacat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:52 pm 

Regarding GameTap in Canada, I don't know whether to cheer or to hit my head on something hard...

Still, I am going to try to take up that 50% off deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Regarding GameTap in Canada, I don't know whether to cheer or to hit my head on something hard...

I do worry slightly about the availability of games ruining my academic career. ;)

I will just have to remember that my university funding pays for my entire living situation, and that if I don't get my research done I will be the owner of a GameTap subscription, but homeless and starving and raving about when I used to be in the folklore department, and how far I've fallen.

It's a good incentive to keep focused. ;)

Annacat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Like JWPlatt, I had already signed up for an annual plan at $6.95/month (yesterday!). So, I logged in to Gametap's site and used my username login and was able to change the billing to take advantage of the better $4.95/month offer since the new plan hadn't started yet (there was still time left on my last month's billing)!

This is great news!

Cheers,

Dadguy

Edit: By the way, I didn't see anything in RAWA's link that indicated this was related to my interest in URU Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm 
Cyan Employee

dadguy wrote:
Edit: By the way, I didn't see anything in RAWA's link that indicated this was related to my interest in URU Live.

Before posting the announcement, I did verify with GameTap that the link is correct for having your account tagged as an Uru supporter. But you're correct, there is no verification on that page at the moment.

Unfortunately, their web team is presently occupied with "little" things like rolling out in a new country and a large promotion for their first birthday. ;)

They do intend to have custom page in the future that indicates the support of Uru Live by signing up on that page.

Sorry for the confusion in the meantime,

RAWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 pm 

So, should we wait until they get the tag up or go ahead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 pm 
Cyan Employee

Nissa wrote:

I doubt their web team will be available to do this before the birthday offer expires, so please go ahead.

If you go through the Uru Live link, your account will be flagged as an Uru Supporter, even though there currently isn't a confirmation of that on the web page.

Thanks,

RAWA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:27 pm 

RAWA wrote:
<snippage>
This limited time offer is a great option for those of you who are on tight budgets and are going to sign-up for Myst Online but were going to wait until it actually launches.

Yep, that sounds like me alright.
Wow, that's indeed a bargain, and I've changed to the 1-year plan now too. Thank you so very much for posting this information. I feel a retro-gaming frenzy coming on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:37 pm 

Do they charge monthly, or a full year in one shot? Cuz that's awesome for those of us on a budget, but doesn't help much if they want the wad of cash up front...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

See 2), Rils. For the biggest discount it's a one-off annual payment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:48 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

It's a lump sum payment, starting at the beginning of your next billing cycle. They have alternative payment plans....1, 3, 6 and 12 month plans. The 12 month plan is the real money saver. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:12 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, RAWA. I was on the $9.95/month plan, so I'm definitely happy to save a some of my hard earned cash. Let's all go out for margaritas to celebrate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:26 pm 

RAWA wrote:
Nissa wrote:

I doubt their web team will be available to do this before the birthday offer expires, so please go ahead.

If you go through the Uru Live link, your account will be flagged as an Uru Supporter, even though there currently isn't a confirmation of that on the web page.

Thanks,

RAWA

Thanks for answering RAWA :D

Now, about that Bahro plushie.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:31 am 

Thanks, folks...

I jus' switched to the new plan...

I hope I did it right... ...since I'm half-asleep right now...

~Jonky Zoondeeshii

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next