It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Linkin to the balcony
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 pm 

There is an occurence here with a character or avvie that don't link to the link spot its Bevin but rather to the balcony. The same happens to people invited through the relto.
Is this a common bug?

I doesn''t matter really but feels strange to have to jump over the stone railing and down a 4 meter drop to land in the fontain area, every link in.

/

PS! We are going to get more members into the hood to see if the 'problem' is propagated. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

What page is your Neighborhood book set on? There are three: the normal login spot, the classroom rooftop, and the high balcony overlooking the neighborhood. Make sure the picture in the book is showing the fountain area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is the balcony jump working again? :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think the OP is speaking of the classroom roof.

It is interesting though that this Neighborhood book defaults to the classroom roof page. My book always reverts to the fountain area no matter which page I set it on.

In fact all my Relto books revert to their first page so maybe it depends on which page went into the book first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I spent a little time trying the balcony jump, but since there is another route to the classroom roof, I doubt that the jump is enabled.

(It's still possible to do the walk on the invisible ledge to the egg room, though there's no real need. :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am 

OK! The character got the KI from the personal age. Not a relto one. Therefore the nexus was reached before the DRC bevin was assigned? So it is possible that the bevin was not visited until some stones and stuff were added. In fact I'm sure of it. Possibly that is why the default linkin location is different.

Needs some experimenting. Both upon entering a new hood, creating a new character, when others join, and when deleting and rejoining the hood before replacing the book entirely.

I just have to figure out an order to bes perform experiments :)

Please join and report experiences

edit:
Hm! This relto book does seem to open on the last used linkpage. So maybe no mystery. I have never bothered much with collecting pages and stones and have only a superficial knowledge about it. Discussing it in depth should maybe be done in the spoilers section. It does not seem to be a technical issue afterall. If I find anything interesting I'll propably start a new thread in spoilers and hints.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]