It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 am 
Obduction Backer

A friend of mine has been diligently dropping pellets to accumulate a nice score to bring to his favorite neighborhood and he was very dissappointed when he checked his tally of late. He thought he was using a recipe that would yield high scores for each pellet. As in all recipes I shall keep this under the vest, secrets you know. Anyway he looked at his score and was shocked to see that it was LESS than his previous score and only about fifty above the score before his last! Well you can imagine I am sure that the poor fellow is downright broken after all this heavy lifting, pellets are heavy aren't they? Well Cyan what say you? Who is the score keeper here? Oh it is a dark day indeed when one fiddles with the scores of the pellets! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

jek wrote:
A friend of mine has been diligently dropping pellets to accumulate a nice score to bring to his favorite neighborhood and he was very dissappointed when he checked his tally of late. He thought he was using a recipe that would yield high scores for each pellet. As in all recipes I shall keep this under the vest, secrets you know. Anyway he looked at his score and was shocked to see that it was LESS than his previous score and only about fifty above the score before his last! Well you can imagine I am sure that the poor fellow is downright broken after all this heavy lifting, pellets are heavy aren't they? Well Cyan what say you? Who is the score keeper here? Oh it is a dark day indeed when one fiddles with the scores of the pellets! :roll:

There seems to be a bug out there which assigns two pellet score counters to your KI. Each time you open the KI the active and inactive counter will switch. So when dropping pellets and opening your KI each time you will add half of the pellets to one counter and the other half to the second one.

I experienced this bug already during old MOUL times on one of my avies and I think it never got fixed for this avie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:56 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I know of someone else who found a problem uploading pellet points to the hood imager, If I have the story right, it would only transfer a small number of the accumulated points on each press of the KI button, so it took a good while to empty the KI. After that, his Ki wouldn't accumulate any more points - on each opening of the KI it shows either 0 or 1 points, alternating between the two values.

It might be something that can be fixed (manually reset) in the vault or the pellet point server, so I'd suggest Jek's friend should raise a ticket at http://support.cyanworlds.com/ explaining the problem, but to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a quick resolution.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have that bug. :cry: What seems to happen with the two counters is that when you upload your pellet points the lower score is always subtracted from the higher score.

I can still collect points. They are alternately added to the two score counters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 am 
Obduction Backer

The Pellet system is TERRIBLE.

The other day I was in a Bevin while someone linked in and uploaded their pellet score. They linked out without saying anything.

When I went over and looked at the imager, I saw it credited the pellet points to my name!

I had no idea anything like that could even happen, and now I could have someone mad at me for "stealing points" that I didn't even choose to steal!

how? how can a glitch like that even happen?? it's just sad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 pm 

duuuuude :shock: i think ill just keep my points... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:19 am 
Obduction Backer

I may be incorrect, but if memory serves, this problem also existed in MOUL and was fixed a short time later.

From what I understand, we are playing on an older version of MOUL and, as a result, both the missing Minkata "sparky" and this bug are not fixed. :(

I'm sure that we will find more bugs. Just keep on reporting them and, if all goes well for Cyan, they will eventually all be corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 am 
Obduction Backer

I admit right up front that I have a bad attitude about those pellet points, since they don't do anything. I was suspicious the first time around that Cyan had anything in place to do anything with them. Whether or not Cyan had anything in place to do something with the pellets, in the previous version of online Uru -- nothing happened. In this version, we know, for sure, that nothing is tied to accumulating pellet points. Nothing.

So -- here's my question -- and I ask in all sincerity -- I'm not being even the tiniest bit snide. Why would you accumulate pellet points and submit them, or post them or do anything with them. It doesn't do anything. It was supposed to lighten the lake, long ago, but we know where that went -- nothing. So, I'm just wondering, why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 am 

The minkata sparkly bug was never fixed. It worked when the sparklie was new, but then it got buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 am 

mszv wrote:
So -- here's my question -- and I ask in all sincerity -- I'm not being even the tiniest bit snide. Why would you accumulate pellet points and submit them, or post them or do anything with them. It doesn't do anything. It was supposed to lighten the lake, long ago, but we know where that went -- nothing. So, I'm just wondering, why?

Purely for bragging rights. (like "Ha, ha! I got a higher score than you...") Some people will compete over anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 am 

The problem is that most if not all the machanics that do the award system are disabled
like the pellets machanic of actualy lighting the lake is broken. The machanic that awards you for getting a full
Ring Chimeny in your Relto turned off. also turned off is the true ending of Tpots, it has been reworked
and also leaves out the last epic cut scene and the Myst fire place too.
The Gareesen Wall game is still not working *heavy sigh* though The Wall has not worked sense UU.
The KI machanic ie; the 3 symbols at the top right corner of your screen that became active after
callibrating your KI, ( also it 'started' the power beam that turns on GZ ) were taken compleatly out, why?
The Bahro stone city links to verious locations, not 'roof tops' or 'balconey' dead ends, were taken out.
( these Stones are in the Kirel Hood's Seed/Egg Room one in each sub room. )
The city Journey cloths were taken out.

Why? I say PUT IT ALL BACK IN , easy fixes too except for two.
I want to Help Restore the Cavern and Ae'gura OOC, to actualy help finish the buildings and restore the Guild Hall
and help design new tunnel path/walkways with in the rock connecting the buildings and dwellings together etc...
BUT in a SL like building style using the KI. or the Crystal Viewer the verious colors and shapes of the crystals could be
hooked to objects, sounds, scripts, textures, size adjusting, etc. etc.. Or have the Bahro help out using the Tablet.

On the other side of building aka ULM Drizzle there MUST be a paralell 'in game' Object of what is being done
'outside' the game for example; create a blank discriptive book with real virtual turning pages etc. make some
new avatar animations of them writing in the book , pondering , scratching their head maybe and then writing
some more etc. as you are getting farther along in making your age in 3D max and Blender etc. your 'in game'
Book is slowly being filled with D'ni text! Add in main Viewers that will have a RSS feed on the top and bottom of it.
and up to the Hour or Day Events being held, Guild of Messangers would run these viewers.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 am 

My suggestion is that some of this has to do with server load restrictions. The gallery is closed so we can't exceed the city ppl limits that way. Can it be that the status of other things, like the bahro stones and the mentioned stuff is related to restrictions that will allow a small server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

I thought the Gallery (barriers) was open now?

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Sorry for the double post. I just checked and indeed, my pellet scores are bugged.

I start with (lets say) 50,000 points in my open KI. I release a 30-30-30- pellet and the point total drops to 49,500. Then when I close then open the KI again it shows 50,450. Opening it again shows the lower amount, etc., etc.

Something is strange. Check it out.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:21 am 
Obduction Backer

They removed the Kadish gallery bypass by removing sharing from that book. Besides, they removed the need by giving us a bahro tablet in the hood that led right to Ae'gura, and then moved the events to places with no public-share-bypass like K'veer or Watcher's Pub. When we get the source, I'll bet it's just not properly parsing the link-type info and is working on default behaviour for all ages, and is buried so deep in linking logic fixing it would break half the game first before the real root cause was found.

Regardless, I haven't had any pellet score problems myself. What I HAVE had is net5s mid-link to the silo, nullifying my pellet entirely :(

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!