It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 am 

Cyan should sleep
RAWA should not

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 am 

RAWA wrote:
semplerfi wrote:
we are getting Cyan to person posts on the weekends now. when does Cyan sleep now. L0L more pizza ... :wink:

My haiku response
Sleep is overrated now
But pizza is not

If this wasn't in the beta forums, I'd copy/paste it into the haiku-thread over at UO... ;)

some people say that
sleep is not overrated
I say drink coffee.

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Semplerfi wrote:
How about just "PM'ing" them [the mods] with a short note and let them take care of it?

You don't know how long it will take for a mod to see your PM. Posting here means that someone should see it sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:46 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Rusty_Russell wrote:
You don't know how long it will take for a mod to see your PM. Posting here means that someone should see it sooner.

Whitch2 logs in.....
Checks for new PM's.....
Checks through all new posts in forums.....
Answers a few of the new posts......

I dunno....I think PM's are, frankly, quicker - but either way works for me.

As always, just my opinion...... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

We don't appear to have a geographical spread of English-speaking mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Semplerfi wrote:
How about just "PM'ing" them [the mods] with a short note and let them take care of it?

I don't understand your logic Rusty. Why do you think a mod would see something here sooner than in a pm?
For myself, I always read the regular forums first and respond there before coming here so I'd see a misplaced post before seeing this thread. Since the mods seem to be responsible for the regular forums, I'd think the same thing would happen with them so posting here seems rather redundant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

When you send a PM you send it to just one mod and you do not know when it will be read. If you post here it will be seen by the first available mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not if they read the forums top to bottom. They will already have dealt with the problem before they even get to this thread. Since their responsibility is the public forums they would be reading those first so posting here is redundant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just an FYI...

A PM is perhaps more useful in terms of ensuring that we see problem or potential problem posts ASAP, though it does generate some managerial confusion when not everyone can see what's going on and been said/done about a problem post (though that's what inter-mod communication is for ;)). Checking the forums is a routine that I tend to do top-down, starting with the oldest new post in each forum and working upwards through the topic list (which ensures I don't miss anything since I insist on using my back button, and not clicking a link to return to the forum, triggering a non-cached reload). I generally hit this forum near the end of my check, if I even check here (which I don't always... shock ;)).

I have the forum set to email me any time I receive a new PM, so if I'm online and not on this forum, I can probably guarantee a turn-around time of no more than 15 minutes on any given issue (since my email refreshes every 10 minutes). Of course, this assumes I'm online ;). Generally, I'd suggest PMing a mod who is already on the active user list, and if you don't get a response within half an hour, PM someone else if it's really serious :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:03 am 
Obduction Backer

PM or post here. I also have a mail message sent when anyone PMs me.

We are volunteer mods - and we aren't on every minute of the day, but, you know, we are on here a whole lot of the time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nice save on the Kadish Vault thread, by the way, Marten ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alahmnat wrote:
Nice save on the Kadish Vault thread, by the way, Marten ;).

:oops:

Thanks to Kedri for catching it, alerting me to it, and helping me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:03 pm 

Just one thing...

I ~do~ remember seeing pics of those doors (the swinging ones) before the current beta... i can't remember for the life of me, where. I guess they were in the previous Beta? Thosr Beta shots are hard to find...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:06 pm 

Well, I for one am glad the conversation turned to bringing this to the mods rather than encouraging members to act as mods themselves. Mods are mods for a reason. As Whitch2 pointed out, it would be very easy to alienate someone by flooding their box with messages telling them they posted in the wrong forum, quoting the NDA, politely chastising them for their mistake... I know the intentions are well-meaning, but sometimes a flood of PMs could be taken as criticism and sour the member on the experience before they even get there.

Right now I can't find where it was that was mentioned to check the online list at the bottom to see which mod is online and send them a PM, but I personally think that would be the best way to handle it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:52 pm 

I agree, let the mods be mods. Problem is when the mods aren't around, it's happened at least twice I've seen a note on the general forum and there isn't anyone here to mod it!

I guess the answer would be to pick a mod or two and pm them anyways, as alahmant and others have sed they check their email regularly and will get a notification your pm is there...

~Rils

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next