It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

What do you prefer?
Ahlehn 81%  81%  [ 13 ]
Allan 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Death age?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 pm 

Shorah! My name is Ahlehn, though you are free to call me Allan. Either works. The topic of my name isn't what this is about though, as interesting as that may be (I'm planning to hold a meeting on it later.)

I've been doing some research into D'ni History and Laws, and I heard mention of what are known as "Death Ages" used for execution. I'm a bit curious on what details we have on them. Do we have any known examples? Was it an instant death, for example, linking into the vacuum of space? Or was it more slow, like an empty cavern, or a scorching endless desert?

I must ask, as anal as it sounds, that you provide sources to documentation you have found... Theories are good and all, but I'm putting together a portfolio on the subject, so I want it as official and accurate as possible.

Thank you very much for any assistance!

Ahlehn
D'ni Researcher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:51 pm 

.shorah Ahlehn

Have you read the Book of Ti'Ana yet? If not, the following will be a bit of a spoiler for you.

[spoiler]In the Book of Ti'Ana, Aitrus (Atrus' grandfather) changed the Age that Ae'Garis and Veovis were using as a base of operations into a "eath Age." He did this by writing changes into the Descriptive Book of that Age, turning it into an unstable Age that was covered (at least, the main link-in spot was changed) with massive volcanic activity. When Aitrus lured A'Gaeris there by linking there first, it is presumed that he died fairly quickly... though we don't know for sure. When A'Gaeris followed him into the Age, he found himself on a segment of floor that was in the process of tilting and sliding into a pool of lava. He had only a few short moments of life before he, too, fell into that pool of lava.[/spoiler]

As a result, I would presume that a "Death Age" is one where death occurs rather rapidly after the person links to it.

.shorah gah bigtotee (Peace and blessings.)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]