It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dni Language
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am
Posts: 8
Location: NY, USA
I've been putting together a notebook of sorts, a 3 ring binder with my notes from the various Ages, along with a printed out KI manual, the Heek rules, maps, etc... but the one thing I'm lacking, both in the binder and in personal knowledge, is an understanding of the Dni language. What I'm trying to find is a printable, easy to read/reference breakdown of the language that can be used to aid in translations, and if possible a lexicon of specific phrases, such as Shorah, that we know the meaning of. The other thing I'm lacking is a decent timeline of specific dates and leaders from the cavern... who ruled when, the inception of the Guilds, etc.

Soooo, if anyone could point me in the right direction, it'd be very much appreciated. It's an aspect of the game I'm hoping to get into a bit more now that I've completed all the actual puzzles, and in time try and find ways to contribute to the community in turn. ^_^


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:32 am
Posts: 69
Location: Ohio
Quote:
The other thing I'm lacking is a decent timeline of specific dates and leaders from the cavern... who ruled when, the inception of the Guilds, etc.


I am willing to shamelessly plug the Guild of Archivist's Archive for meeting your timeline interest. The timeline is accurate up to the close of Gametap sponsored MOUL.

Quote:
I'm hoping to ... try and find ways to contribute to the community in turn


There are many ways to do that and I am glad to welcome you to the world of out-of-cavern activity :D

_________________
Guild of Archivists

MOULa KI: 00214606


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am
Posts: 8
Location: NY, USA
That timeline is, absolutely perfect, thanks! Though, it -does- bring to mind one question for me... has Cyan said anything at all regarding the current status of the DRC or the state of the Bahro conflict? I noticed that there was some DRC activity occurring back in Feb. as described here: http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2790 but other than that I'm not aware of much. =/

Again, thanks a ton for the timeline, that certainly helps a bundle! =D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:50 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:10 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: CT, US
This site is one that I have been attempting to work through in my spare time:
http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/lessons/index.html

It may be of interest for learning about the language!

Perhaps this as well:
http://kalidor.digital-starlight.com/~y ... ictionary/

_________________
Image
The Public Age Project | Owner of Eastern Time Zone's Bevin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 671
This is the most complete lexicon we have so far..

http://www.eldalamberon.com/dni_dict.htm

_________________
MOUL KI# 10281985
MOULa KI# 1492059

Fear is the mind-killer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:22 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: California
There is a D'ni to English section of Wiki at Mystlore.com

There is another current thread where we were discussing which would be the best to upgrade and what would make it more suable. (which I'm too sleepy to find)

The MYSTlore wiki is editable. You could contribute to the community by helping out there.

There are D'ni Language lessons in Second Life. They need the ability to use visual aids for their teaching, which can't currently be done in MOULa. See Dmom's blog The D'ni Voice for times.If you haven't visited SL ask for help. We can get you to the classes and connected to Myst fans in SL with a minimum of fuss and bother.

Plus Dmom has a D'ni Word of Day in each post.

_________________
Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:32 am
Posts: 69
Location: Ohio
Arcas wrote:
has Cyan said anything at all regarding the current status of the DRC or the state of the Bahro conflict


The best answer to that question is here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19637

I think the IC story we are going with is something along the lines of we have broken into the Cavern without the DRC's help, they know we are here, but they no longer running the show, just keeping an eye on us from a distance. As to the Bahro I think the IC story I've heard people going with is that Bahro war seems to no longer be fought here in the Cavern (though maybe somewhere else), but the Bahro know we are here, and they are watching as well. Indeed they even show up occasionally ( http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19989).

_________________
Guild of Archivists

MOULa KI: 00214606


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 am
Posts: 267
Location: 9201, 604577, 1837
I've been trying to get this uploaded to my KI (if anyone -- like the Guild of Writers -- knows how, please let me know?):

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I was going to do one for the D'ni alphabet after I'd found a way to add this, and maybe one with a few common words.

_________________
Ian Watson
MOULa KI: 00115996

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 671
It is not currently possible to upload images from an outside source into the KI even if they are KI images from previous incarnations of Uru

_________________
MOUL KI# 10281985
MOULa KI# 1492059

Fear is the mind-killer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 902
well... I wouldn't be so certain about that...
A while ago, I saw a KI shot of Ahra Pahts on the GoW Pub Imager. Ahra Pahts is a fan age, and is not on the MOULagain servers, as such, it is... impossible... for that KI image to be on the GoW Pub Imager. However, it was. This means, someone, somehow, has gotten custom images into MOULagain's vault.

You might want to poke RAWA and ask politely if he can add it. Make sure the image is 800x600 pixels, though!

EDIT: oops, I see it is 800x600, awesome.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 am
Posts: 267
Location: 9201, 604577, 1837
kaelisebonrai wrote:
well... I wouldn't be so certain about that...
A while ago, I saw a KI shot of Ahra Pahts on the GoW Pub Imager. Ahra Pahts is a fan age, and is not on the MOULagain servers, as such, it is... impossible... for that KI image to be on the GoW Pub Imager. However, it was. This means, someone, somehow, has gotten custom images into MOULagain's vault.

You might want to poke RAWA and ask politely if he can add it. Make sure the image is 800x600 pixels, though!

EDIT: oops, I see it is 800x600, awesome.


I did. He can't help me, unfortunately.

The GoW imager is why I thought they might be able to assist.

_________________
Ian Watson
MOULa KI: 00115996

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm 
Offline
Former MystOnline Moderator

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:05 pm
Posts: 4199
Location: 56°2'26", -3°20'28"
Arcas wrote:
has Cyan said anything at all regarding the current status of the DRC or the state of the Bahro conflict? I noticed that there was some DRC activity occurring back in Feb. as described here: http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?t=2790 but other than that I'm not aware of much.


When Dr Kodama and Marie Sutherland visited the cavern during the activity you refer to, Dr Kodama told some of the "unauthorised explorers" that they found in the cavern that "we who were formerly known as the DRC are explorers now, too" and when commenting on the Bahro noted that they were likely "still busy elsewhere", but that a few remained and appeared to be protecting the cavern.

_________________
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 902
IanWatson wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:
well... I wouldn't be so certain about that...
A while ago, I saw a KI shot of Ahra Pahts on the GoW Pub Imager. Ahra Pahts is a fan age, and is not on the MOULagain servers, as such, it is... impossible... for that KI image to be on the GoW Pub Imager. However, it was. This means, someone, somehow, has gotten custom images into MOULagain's vault.

You might want to poke RAWA and ask politely if he can add it. Make sure the image is 800x600 pixels, though!

EDIT: oops, I see it is 800x600, awesome.


I did. He can't help me, unfortunately.

The GoW imager is why I thought they might be able to assist.


I see... I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

Well, it was the hacker types who fixed the memorial imager, after all.. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

He does know who to ask, though, since that's how the Sharper journal was fixed. =P He asked people how to do it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 1969
Location: Land of Confusion
kaelisebonrai wrote:
IanWatson wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:
well... I wouldn't be so certain about that...
A while ago, I saw a KI shot of Ahra Pahts on the GoW Pub Imager. Ahra Pahts is a fan age, and is not on the MOULagain servers, as such, it is... impossible... for that KI image to be on the GoW Pub Imager. However, it was. This means, someone, somehow, has gotten custom images into MOULagain's vault.

You might want to poke RAWA and ask politely if he can add it. Make sure the image is 800x600 pixels, though!

EDIT: oops, I see it is 800x600, awesome.


I did. He can't help me, unfortunately.

The GoW imager is why I thought they might be able to assist.


I see... I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

Well, it was the hacker types who fixed the memorial imager, after all.. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

He does know who to ask, though, since that's how the Sharper journal was fixed. =P He asked people how to do

it.


Excuse me for being rude but it was the hacker types who trashed the memorial to begin with. I believe their is only a small minority of people in the community who have both the skill and motive to commit an act such as this. I always thought the Majority of the community enjoyed Uru and Uru live for what it is not how they can .........shall we say manipulate it

_________________
When You have eliminated all other possibilities What ever is left must be the solution

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared


Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:33 am
Posts: 1182
Location: British Columbia, Canada
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SEMrush [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: