It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am 

Paradox wrote:
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.

I disagree, However getting back on topic I think a D'ni English dictionary would be a wonderful idea. Could you imagine everybody going around in the caverns speaking in D'ni tough

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
Paradox wrote:
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.

I disagree

You can't disagree with facts.

Fact: Hackers fixed the imager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:17 am 

I did not disagree with fact Adam I disagreed with an opinion he said "its worth pointing out" THAT is what I disagreed with Because Fact Hackers trashed the imager. Now maybe their not the same hackers I don't know, But both parties the trashers, and the fixers, fall into the same category of Hackers. A rose by any other name is still a rose

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC I believe it was something about D'ni language

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Karkadann wrote:
Paradox wrote:

I disagree

You can't disagree with facts.

Fact: Hackers fixed the imager.

Karkadann wrote:
Fact Hackers trashed the imager.

FACT: Bears eat beets.

BEARS

BEETS

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

I rest my case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
I did not disagree with fact Adam I disagreed with an opinion he said "its worth pointing out" THAT is what I disagreed with Because Fact Hackers trashed the imager. Now maybe their not the same hackers I don't know, But both parties the trashers, and the fixers, fall into the same category of Hackers. A rose by any other name is still a rose

AAAAAAAANK! Wrong.

Maliciously entering into a system is called cracking. People who perform cracking are crackers. Therefore, a cracker trashed the imager. A hacker fixed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 am 

Getting back on topic

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 am 
Obduction Backer

That's a really great piece of instructional art, Ian! I hope you manage to get it in. I'd love to see your alphabet one too. :D

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 am 
Cyan Employee

kaelisebonrai wrote:
I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

The things I know about the vault fit on a small post-it note. The things I don't know fill an encyclopedia or twelve.

But... I can be taught, and have asked for assistance with this now that I've been reminded of it.

Ian's great tutorial will hopefully be available "soon".

Last edited by RAWA on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 am 

Just keep doing what you're doing RAWA. We love you all at Cyan very much even if we argue amongst ourselves and don't always show it :D

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Fact: Hackers did not fix the imager. The developers of the game fixed the imager.

It's time that some need to face the inevitable truth that is before them. Those they bashed for so long saying they were "Destroying Uru" are now the developers of Uru. Cyan has begun to open source Uru for a reason. To allow those with the knowledge, the skill, and the time to help Uru develop beyond what they alone could do, do it. They have invited the hackers, those people that the "fans of Uru" bashed, to develop the content for them. It's a unique time in Uru's history. The "hackers" people here hated for so long, saying how they were "ruining Uru" and "endangering Cyan's future" are now the developers of Uru. And now they are left with no one to hate, because by hating the hackers that are now developing Uru, you are in a sense now hating Uru.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:57 am 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
Fact: Hackers did not fix the imager. The developers of the game fixed the imager.

It's time that some need to face the inevitable truth that is before them. Those they bashed for so long saying they were "Destroying Uru" are now the developers of Uru. Cyan has begun to open source Uru for a reason. To allow those with the knowledge, the skill, and the time to help Uru develop beyond what they alone could do, do it. They have invited the hackers, those people that the "fans of Uru" bashed, to develop the content for them. It's a unique time in Uru's history. The "hackers" people here hated for so long, saying how they were "ruining Uru" and "endangering Cyan's future" are now the developers of Uru. And now they are left with no one to hate, because by hating the hackers that are now developing Uru, you are in a sense now hating Uru.

The logic, it burns!!! *hissss*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:
I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

The things I know about the vault fit on a small post-it note. The things I don't know fill an encyclopedia or twelve.

But... I can be taught, and have asked for assistance with this now that I've been reminded of it.

My apologies if it sounded a like a snipe at you, as it was certainly not. It was merely a statement. Again, apologies if it looked like a snipe, and looking at it again, it does seem a bit that way. So, sorry about the wording of that.. =/

I understand the situation regarding the lack of information available to you, Mr. Watson, which was why I did not intend for it to be a snipe at you. But, yes, you can learn, and from what I hear, you do so admirably well. =) And, to be honest, to get the game in the state it is now, you /have/ done well, exceptionally well. =)

You have my thanks. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm 

Quote:

I have always appreciated what the fans of Uru have done with additions its the few with in this group those who would vandalize Uru, although I have had some technical issues with some of the additions and could not isolate the few vandals responsible with in the group of Developers. I guess I started to generalize, and I was wrong and for that I'm sorry. I only meant to somehow isolate the ones responsible for the problem and discourage them from repeating the same mistake. But I acted alone, in a community like this one when graffiti or technical issues of this nature accrue it should be the responsibility of the whole community but that in itself may cause problems.

What I fear happening is if nothing is done to discourage this sort of thing in the future they may repeat the same or similar action because they know they can with little or no opposition. I personal get a bit ........carried away when I see one person ruining it for many and have a difficult time letting go especial when its just me their ruining it for, and if I continue perusing this I may end up to be the one ruining it for me and I will have not one to blame but myself.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm 

RAWA wrote:

Thank you, RAWA. I hope you do manage to figure it out. However...

Last night when logging in, I saw my KI had a notice. From the DRC, which was surprising. Even more surprising, it was my numbers hand out. So clearly some anonymous altruistic forumite knows what they're doing. Thank you very much to whomever that was! I've put it up in the DLF 'hood, have distributed it to some explorers, and I understand it's up in the GoG Guild Pub's imager.

May I ask, perhaps, for a repeat performance? Now that I've got numbers, I created a similar handout for the alphabet:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thank you in advance!

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm 

So wait, it means Cyan Worlds (acting as the DRC) actually took your numbers note? that's cool!