It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 1969
Location: Land of Confusion
Paradox wrote:
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.


I disagree, However getting back on topic I think a D'ni English dictionary would be a wonderful idea. Could you imagine everybody going around in the caverns speaking in D'ni tough

_________________
When You have eliminated all other possibilities What ever is left must be the solution

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: South Georgia
Karkadann wrote:
Paradox wrote:
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.


I disagree


You can't disagree with facts.

Fact: Hackers fixed the imager.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 1969
Location: Land of Confusion
I did not disagree with fact Adam I disagreed with an opinion he said "its worth pointing out" THAT is what I disagreed with Because Fact Hackers trashed the imager. Now maybe their not the same hackers I don't know, But both parties the trashers, and the fixers, fall into the same category of Hackers. A rose by any other name is still a rose

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC I believe it was something about D'ni language

_________________
When You have eliminated all other possibilities What ever is left must be the solution

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:44 am
Posts: 1282
Location: Orlando
AdamJohnso wrote:
Karkadann wrote:
Paradox wrote:
It is worth pointing out that the Imager fix was done by fans, and as far as I know Cyan wasn't even aware of the issue until Monday.


I disagree


You can't disagree with facts.

Fact: Hackers fixed the imager.


Karkadann wrote:
Fact Hackers trashed the imager.


FACT: Bears eat beets.

BEARS

BEETS

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

I rest my case.

_________________
-vid (KI: 00201880)
The Age Linker's Guide
It is up to you to create your own adventures today!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: South Georgia
Karkadann wrote:
I did not disagree with fact Adam I disagreed with an opinion he said "its worth pointing out" THAT is what I disagreed with Because Fact Hackers trashed the imager. Now maybe their not the same hackers I don't know, But both parties the trashers, and the fixers, fall into the same category of Hackers. A rose by any other name is still a rose



AAAAAAAANK! Wrong.

Maliciously entering into a system is called cracking. People who perform cracking are crackers. Therefore, a cracker trashed the imager. A hacker fixed it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 1969
Location: Land of Confusion
Getting back on topic

_________________
When You have eliminated all other possibilities What ever is left must be the solution

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:33 pm
Posts: 878
Location: Jurupa Valley, CA USA
That's a really great piece of instructional art, Ian! I hope you manage to get it in. I'd love to see your alphabet one too. :D

_________________
MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 am 
Offline
Cyan Employee

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Chattaroy, WA
kaelisebonrai wrote:
I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

The things I know about the vault fit on a small post-it note. The things I don't know fill an encyclopedia or twelve.

But... I can be taught, and have asked for assistance with this now that I've been reminded of it.

Ian's great tutorial will hopefully be available "soon".

_________________
CYAN - Richard A. Watson, RAWA v2.0


Last edited by RAWA on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 671
Just keep doing what you're doing RAWA. We love you all at Cyan very much even if we argue amongst ourselves and don't always show it :D

_________________
MOUL KI# 10281985
MOULa KI# 1492059

Fear is the mind-killer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:13 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:29 am
Posts: 520
Fact: Hackers did not fix the imager. The developers of the game fixed the imager.

It's time that some need to face the inevitable truth that is before them. Those they bashed for so long saying they were "Destroying Uru" are now the developers of Uru. Cyan has begun to open source Uru for a reason. To allow those with the knowledge, the skill, and the time to help Uru develop beyond what they alone could do, do it. They have invited the hackers, those people that the "fans of Uru" bashed, to develop the content for them. It's a unique time in Uru's history. The "hackers" people here hated for so long, saying how they were "ruining Uru" and "endangering Cyan's future" are now the developers of Uru. And now they are left with no one to hate, because by hating the hackers that are now developing Uru, you are in a sense now hating Uru.

_________________
MOULAgain KI: 024104

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Eddy County, New Mexico
ChloeRhodes wrote:
Fact: Hackers did not fix the imager. The developers of the game fixed the imager.

It's time that some need to face the inevitable truth that is before them. Those they bashed for so long saying they were "Destroying Uru" are now the developers of Uru. Cyan has begun to open source Uru for a reason. To allow those with the knowledge, the skill, and the time to help Uru develop beyond what they alone could do, do it. They have invited the hackers, those people that the "fans of Uru" bashed, to develop the content for them. It's a unique time in Uru's history. The "hackers" people here hated for so long, saying how they were "ruining Uru" and "endangering Cyan's future" are now the developers of Uru. And now they are left with no one to hate, because by hating the hackers that are now developing Uru, you are in a sense now hating Uru.

The logic, it burns!!! *hissss*

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 902
RAWA wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:
I guess Mr. Watson is yet to learn a few things about the vault, then, I guess... :<

The things I know about the vault fit on a small post-it note. The things I don't know fill an encyclopedia or twelve.

But... I can be taught, and have asked for assistance with this now that I've been reminded of it.

Ian's great tutorial will hopefully be available "soon".


My apologies if it sounded a like a snipe at you, as it was certainly not. It was merely a statement. Again, apologies if it looked like a snipe, and looking at it again, it does seem a bit that way. So, sorry about the wording of that.. =/

I understand the situation regarding the lack of information available to you, Mr. Watson, which was why I did not intend for it to be a snipe at you. But, yes, you can learn, and from what I hear, you do so admirably well. =) And, to be honest, to get the game in the state it is now, you /have/ done well, exceptionally well. =)

You have my thanks. =)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 1969
Location: Land of Confusion
Quote:
Fact: Hackers did not fix the imager. The developers of the game fixed the imager.


I have always appreciated what the fans of Uru have done with additions its the few with in this group those who would vandalize Uru, although I have had some technical issues with some of the additions and could not isolate the few vandals responsible with in the group of Developers. I guess I started to generalize, and I was wrong and for that I'm sorry. I only meant to somehow isolate the ones responsible for the problem and discourage them from repeating the same mistake. But I acted alone, in a community like this one when graffiti or technical issues of this nature accrue it should be the responsibility of the whole community but that in itself may cause problems.

What I fear happening is if nothing is done to discourage this sort of thing in the future they may repeat the same or similar action because they know they can with little or no opposition. I personal get a bit ........carried away when I see one person ruining it for many and have a difficult time letting go especial when its just me their ruining it for, and if I continue perusing this I may end up to be the one ruining it for me and I will have not one to blame but myself.

_________________
When You have eliminated all other possibilities What ever is left must be the solution

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 am
Posts: 267
Location: 9201, 604577, 1837
RAWA wrote:
The things I know about the vault fit on a small post-it note. The things I don't know fill an encyclopedia or twelve.

But... I can be taught, and have asked for assistance with this now that I've been reminded of it.

Ian's great tutorial will hopefully be available "soon".


Thank you, RAWA. I hope you do manage to figure it out. However...

Last night when logging in, I saw my KI had a notice. From the DRC, which was surprising. Even more surprising, it was my numbers hand out. So clearly some anonymous altruistic forumite knows what they're doing. Thank you very much to whomever that was! I've put it up in the DLF 'hood, have distributed it to some explorers, and I understand it's up in the GoG Guild Pub's imager.

May I ask, perhaps, for a repeat performance? Now that I've got numbers, I created a similar handout for the alphabet:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thank you in advance!

_________________
Ian Watson
MOULa KI: 00115996

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 2598
Location: Israel
So wait, it means Cyan Worlds (acting as the DRC) actually took your numbers note? that's cool!

_________________
Previously known as "The stranger"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ahrefs [Crawler], MSN [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron