It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm 

For information, see below.

Last edited by Dot on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:20 pm 

OpenURU.org
OpenUru.org provides resources such as free blogs, wikis, forum space, and enterprise-class open-source development tools such as project management, issue tracking, repository, and continuous integration for Myst/Uru projects. The aim is to encourage a cooperative environment for the exploration, development and exchange of ideas in Cyan Worlds' Myst universe and Open Source URU.

OpenUru Forums -- Central forums for Myst and Uru project development, discussion and ideas exchange
OpenUru Wiki -- Myst and Uru community contributions and project documentation

CyanWorlds.com Engine (CWE) -- how to download and set up the open-source CWE client and 3ds Max Plugin (aka Plasma)
MOSS -- how to set up MOSS, a Unix-based server for the MOUL client (enables private shard hosting)
OpenUru Community Portal -- quick access to instructions on how to perform specific tasks, or tutorials on the use of tools
3ds Max and Cyan Plugin Tutorials

Rel.to
Rel.to is a web portal to the community in and around Cyan Worlds' adventure and exploration games, the 'Myst' and 'Uru' series. It is a service of the Guild of Messengers (full credits).

How to use the site

Directory pages:
Official -- Official Myst and Uru websites
Help -- Helpful resources, for beginners and enthusiasts
Groups -- Explorer communities, groups and organisations
Guilds -- Guilds and affiliated groups
News -- Media (news and entertainment)
Events -- Events, activities and gathering places
Ages -- Resources for Age developers and explorers
Personal -- Outspoken individuals

Groups, guilds and other organisations

Guild of Cartographers (GoC or GoCart)
Mapping the Ages
Home
Quick resource list
Guild history

Guild of Greeters (GoG)
The Guild of Greeters was established to assist new explorers to D'ni by answering any questions they may have.
Home
Forums

Guild of Healers (GoH)
If you are interested in the D'ni Guild of Healers, or your interests tend toward natural healing, D'ni medicine, balancing with sound and color, or the healing arts in general, this might be the place for you. Explorers with a quirky sense of humour are especially welcome...
Forum

The (New) Guild of Linguists
Picking up from the ashes of the D’ni Linguistic Fellowship, the Guild of Linguists is an open community of students, scholars, teachers, and explorers brought together by a passion for the intricate and beautiful languages of the D’ni and the world at large.
Home

Guild of Maintainers (GoMa)
The mission of the Guild of Maintainers is 'to serve the Community, throughout the Cavern and Ages'. In parallel with the GoW, the guild offers resources, trouble-shooting discussion and support to all involved in writing and inspecting (bug-testing) Ages.
Forum

Guild of Messengers (GoMe)
The Guild of Messengers aims to support a corps of volunteer journalists disseminating information within the Myst/Uru community.
Home page
Event calendar
Submit news

Guild of Slackers
Ruining it for everyone else since 2004
Community forum

Guild of Sleepers (GoSleep)
Æquatio interiectum alius -- Equal Among Others
Snorum

Guild of Writers
The Guild of Writers' mission is to create an environment where anyone, novice to expert, can express his or her talents. Whether you're an expert at code or a short story writer, many skills are vital to the Guild's growth. We have many helpful people who can guide the beginner and a dedicated development team who are creating more versatile and easier to use tools.
Home page
Forum
Wiki

MagicWorlds
This is the forum of the Magic Ages developed by Mister Magic and controlled by Magicbot and Mimibot. Here you will find all the informations about the bots’ commands and the interactive games.
Forum

MYSTcommunity and MYSTlore
Forums

New Greeters
Website

The Cavern Today (TCT)
News and views from the Myst community -- podcasts and more
About TCT
Forum

The Great Tree
This site originated during the first running of the online game, URU Live, created by Cyan Worlds in 2003. URU Live was cancelled before it ever truly began, however a diverse and devoted community remained...
Documentaries)
Forum

The Meeting Place
One of the oldest hoods in Uru -- they meet every Sunday at 1 pm KI time, and are always happy to welcome visitors and new members.
Forum

The Musicians Guild
Forum -- registration required

Other sites of interest
D'ni Explorer Guild -- an IC explorer organisation
D'ni Research of Ages and Exploration Committee (DRAEC) -- an IC explorer organisation
Grande Caverna D'ni -- Página em língua portuguesa/Portuguese website
Patchallel Uru -- images of Myst and Uru Ages
Uru glossary of fan-created Ages -- overview of fan-created ages, including short summaries and pop-up screenshots
The Lost Library of D'ni

French forums
http://www.mystpedia.net/forum/
http://myst-aventure.com/forum/

German forum
http://www.uru-reallife.com/

Russian forum
http://urulive.ucoz.ru/forum/[/quote]

Archived projects no longer updated

Cavern Communications Network
Cavern Communications Network is a multimedia organization that creates, publishes and promotes all types of media projects in-house or by independent explorers in the Cavern Community. It is primarily an IC organisation (In-Cavern and In-Character), but members and staff can be seen (or heard) at times on the surface.
Home
Forum

Guild of Archivists (GoA) -- dpwr.net
Home
Forum
Gallery
Archive

Guild of Astronomy
Forum

Guild of Caterers
Forum

Guild of Translators
Forum

Society of Anthropologists, Psychologists and Sociologists (SAPS)
Forum

Writers Ring
Forum

Helpful tips
If you find that the colour scheme of a forum makes it difficult to read, you might be able to switch it to an alternative design via the Board Preferences tab on the User Control Panel. To change a wiki design, log in to the wiki, then select 'My preferences' and use the 'Skin' tab. 'Prosilver' is a good option to choose for legibility.

===
Note: My apologies if any group or information has been omitted, or if errors have crept in. Please post below any corrections or additions below -- including a preferred short description of your group if needed -- and I will edit this post to include them. Thanks!

Acknowledgements
Original concept and thread developed by Artic Wagon -- thanks, AW!

Thanks too to korovev for the careful checking and updating of links -- now incorporated into this post (14 June 2016).

3 October 2016: Added Arctic Wagon's additional link -- thanks!

Last edited by Dot on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 am 

2010-10-20: Added "Alternate Worlds" to the list.

By the way, if you have a group you would like to add to the above or if you see anything that needs updating, please note it below and I'll edit the list. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 am 

Hi Dot,

Thanks to Nalates, extra infos for the Guild of Cartographer can be found at the next link...
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 942#361942

I was thinking of adding dates for the creation of modern Groups, Guilds or organisations when possible.

Quote:
The great Guild of Cartographers of Uru was formed as a hobby in the LIVE era, November 2003 to February 2004. The initial impetus for forming was from Pa'trick The Futographer. He eventually was informally elected as the Guild's first Grand Master.
confirmed January 21, 2004.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:31 pm 

Thanks, Artic Wagon. That is very helpful. I've added the link you suggest.

I agree it would be good to add some history background links to the guilds and groups. Suggestions welcome!

One of the things I've thought of doing in the past is trying to compile histories for some of the groups myself (with their permission and help, of course), and adding them as journals to some of the fan-created ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Split some posts and created new thread called: History background links to the guilds and groups

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 am 

Corrected the history link for the Guild of Cartographers at AW's suggestion (thanks, Artic Wagon!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 am 

Removed link to currently defunct Alternate Worlds, which suffered a serious server crash in January 2011.

Added links to Devokan Trust forum and Norfren's Uru glossary for fan-created Ages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am 

My thanks to the forum mods who have moved this thread from the old guilds subforum... It was a nice surprise!

I've expanded the entry for OpenUru and deleted a stray [/url] tag at the end.

Please take time to review the groups listed here. If there are any links that need adding or updating, do post details below and I will update the main list. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 pm 

May I suggest the Guild of Sleepers (GoSleep)?
http://www.guildofsleepers.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to redo my bookmarks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:59 pm 

Thanks for the feedback. I've added GoSleep -- please let me know if the new entry needs amending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:03 am 

Thank you Dot!
I have forwarded your message to the Guild's leadership, to amend it if they find it necessary. I am a mere sympathiser on GoSleep, not a member. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 am 

Thank you to Rock for suggesting us and to Dot for adding us to the list, all the info looks fine.

Re: Guild of Sleepers leadership ... our motto is Equal among others, and we really do uphold that. We don't have any leaders of the guild, but as a co-founder, I do understand why I am considered a guild leader.