It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 am 
Obduction Backer

That's true for US. Now doesn't (and can't) start until 17th October for Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:47 pm 

Signed up today! w00t! Now that's a deal! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:28 pm 

:mrgreen: We are still alive! (the rest of the world). Have to say that it kinda rubs salt in the wound when we get the email as well - but cannot comply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Really, truly, excited by this news. Much sooner than I expected for us Canucks and a great bargain into the, well, bargain. This should give our non-North American brurus and sisurus hope that Gametap is moving on this fairly quickly and that the service may be with them soon as well.

nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tokai wrote:
:mrgreen: We are still alive! (the rest of the world). Have to say that it kinda rubs salt in the wound when we get the email as well - but cannot comply.
Yes! Targeted advertising would be a great idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is great news! (signing up!)

And for our European friends, I'd like to make an optamistic prediction:

I think Game Tap is working very hard to negotiate ways in which people in all European countries can sign up (if only to get into Uru).

I think when that happens, Game Tap will offer people in Europe one heck of a fabulous deal for waiting paitiently for so long!

Well, that's what I would do, anyway :)

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:21 pm 

ghaelen wrote:
This is great news! (signing up!)

And for our European friends, I'd like to make an optamistic prediction:

I think Game Tap is working very hard to negotiate ways in which people in all European countries can sign up (if only to get into Uru).

I think when that happens, Game Tap will offer people in Europe one heck of a fabulous deal for waiting paitiently for so long!

Well, that's what I would do, anyway :)

Would it launch to the whole European Union? Or just Britian then France then Germany (or something like that) etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:26 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't know, lego. Good question.

But, I suspect each country would negotiate something like that. I know when I was in Belgium this spring countries around me allowed people to get Skype-in numbers, but I couldn't get one. So, I think it is up to the laws and/or policies of the country in question.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Given that each country in Europe has its own legislative bodies governing things like publication rights and copyright laws, I'd say a roll-out in Europe would probably have to be country by country, unless they waited until they'd brokered deals with everyone before launching in that region.

GT will also likely have to work out agreements not just with the original developers/publishers for each title on the service, but also with the regional distributors of those titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 am 

Alahmnat wrote:
Given that each country in Europe has its own legislative bodies governing things like publication rights and copyright laws, I'd say a roll-out in Europe would probably have to be country by country, unless they waited until they'd brokered deals with everyone before launching in that region.

GT will also likely have to work out agreements not just with the original developers/publishers for each title on the service, but also with the regional distributors of those titles.

Youch. Europe country by country. That would be tedious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

ghaelen wrote:

Keep in mind, Uru Live will be available in Europe this holiday season along with everyone else. It just seems unlikely that they will have access to GameTap iteself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:53 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

lego_addict wrote:
Youch. Europe country by country. That would be tedious.

Did something happen to the EU?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWP, I'm not sure if that would apply in this instance. We aren't joined at the hip in everything.

Post subject: Gametap sign up
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:34 pm 

Ok,

Im trying to have an open mind. But my very first encounter with Gametap wasnt the best. I called their support line when my credit card number didnt work and the guy who answered kept yawning...and when I asked him if there was anything special I could do to show support for Uru...his response was "Huh?" "who". Then he had to go find a supervisor who could only tell me to try using google to look up Uru support! Sheesh.

Deb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:00 am 

Oct, 17,2006, 7 am in Montréal, Canada.

I followed your link to Gametap and still get this message even if it is the official date for signing in,
Quote:
Sorry, GameTap is only available in the United States.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next