It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:07 pm 

I have searched high and low and talked to many people in game and haven't been able to fix this problem.

In my relto I have the fire marbles. I had the house door closed and windows closed so they wouldn't roll out. I kicked the blue one too hard and it bounced around all the walls landing in an unknown location. Then a guest came over and kicked the yellow one and it took off also. Previously, I had kicked one over the edge, but the traditional way of resetting the page (turn it off, return, turn it on, return) brought it back. However, in this case it is not working at all.

Everything I've found online and from people says the same thing: To reset relto items:
1) Turn off the page
2) Leave the relto and come back
3) Turn on the page
4) Leave the relto and come back

This is only working for things that have gone over the cliff to the great unknown.

I have turned off ALL pages and reloaded ALL pages. I've turned off the Fire marbles for more than 24 hours and come back. I've also take the remaining 3 fire marbles and purposly thrown them over the edge and then reset the page. Those three came back. The other two did not.

I think the blue and yellow marbles are still in or close to the house, but in a place where I cannot see them, or are inaccessable. I really think they landed in the roof supports or in one of the lampshades. I can jump high enough to see the top of the closet and they are not there. Perhaps under the closet? I have also combed every inch of the outside land and they are not there.

I'm posting this in the techincal section because I think in the end I will have to have a massive reset of the page or delete it somehow.

Now that you have the basic info my questions are:
1) Is is possible to delete the whole page completely and then go back to Er'cana and get it again?
2) Is there a different proceedure for resetting the page?
3) Or, if it's not a tech issue, Is it possible to turn off the lights in the relto house so maybe the blue and yellow marbles glow enough for me to see them?
4) Have I lost my marbles forever? (My family says yes, but that's a different issue. :lol: )

Thank you for any help you can give.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:16 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Hmm... that's a new one for me - I've only ever lost firemarbles off the edge of my Relto :?

I think you're right that they've got themselves stuck somewhere inaccessible, and the instructions you've been given will only, as you've discovered, retrieve marbles that are completely gone :(

I don't think you can "reset" a Relto page - Have you tried "collecting" the page again? I don't really think that'll help though.

Shut the blinds, and see if you spot the glows. All I can suggest.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply, Mac.

I've gone back and "collected" the page again, but I don't know if it matters if my original page is off or on. I'll try both since I can't remember which I did. Thanks. (I feel like I've tried everything 100 times.)

Quote:
Shut the blinds, and see if you spot the glows. All I can suggest.

Yes, I've shut them, too much outside ambient light. Other than turning off and on the sun/moon page, is there a way to create night? I remember Phil's Relto being very dark. Can I get mine like that?

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 pm 

No, I'm afraid you can't get a night-time Relto like Phil's :(

I need to go back and take a look round my hut to see if I can see places where the marbles might go hiding :wink:

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 pm 

Hi mac, thanks for the help. If you feel up to it, you can visit my relto and see if you can spot something i've missed, too? I'll be on for a little bit and quite a bit in about 4 or 5 hours. Tho, you may be sleeping.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 pm 

For anyone else who ever has this problem, Mac and I did some Fire marble hide and seek and found the missing marbles.

Sadly, they are not recoverable by me. They are hiding under the closet, an item that of course can't be turned off.

Im off to submit a ticket.

Thanks for the help, Mac.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, the firemarbles have a tendancy to do that sort of thing, hide inside geometry (as anyone who's been to a hood would know, re: the fountain underside or staircase side)
My blue marble is trapped inside the wall (yes, in the wall) just behind the canen, wedged against a plant on the other side that doesn't vanish so I can't kick it free (I can just see a little of the glow passing through the wall). My red marble is still MIA, probably stuck under the closet (didn't know it could get there, but that's a likely candidate)

Unfortunately, Cyan doesn't have the manpower to keep resetting firemarbles on people like us who lost them to physics engine ticks.. and until we get the source there's no real way to reset.

Hope you have better luck than I did! (Mine are just disabled, it was depressing)

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:15 pm 

Gondar wrote:
My red marble is still MIA, probably stuck under the closet (didn't know it could get there, but that's a likely candidate)
Well, you had to stand a little way down Relto, looking in the hut door in first person to see the glow of the marbles under the closet. And getting the closet doors open didn't help a third party to get any closer to them :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:40 am 

I've just created (and released) a tool to fix this. Check it out!

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21615

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:59 am 

Thanks! Tried it out - having problems, will post them on your thread rather than here.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]