It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just an old question
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:40 pm 

What are the chances that there may be just a small area of "originality" for those of us who were drawn here by the "Myst" beginnings. "It will become your world".. By originality, I am hoping for the dreams of the designers... not "new" content by outsiders.. I don't care for star wars, or barney or world of warcraft or ad nauseum.... Will there be any wondrous worlds for "the stranger" to explore? For that matter, will there be any new exploration? Remove the barriers. Let us explore. Should we get injured or die in a cave in... let it happen.

Last edited by Eirerogue on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm not sure if you know this - but Uru Live is going to be released this December. Uru Live is an online, multiplayer game, and will be available through Gametap, if Gametap is available in your part of the world. Otherwise, if you are in a country that doesn't yet have Gametap, you'll be able to access Uru Live directly. The US price is about $10.00 a month, with substantial discounts for a longer term subscription to Gametap.

After Uru Live is released, the plan is for new content to be added, both new ages to explore, and smaller things.

So, yes, this is what is happening - a resurrection of an online Uru game, and new content. Sorry, I don't know the schedule for the release of the new content.

Here's Alamnat's FAQ on what's going on.
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1732

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm not sure I completely understand your question... But Cyan has always envisioned Uru Live to grow and expand with new Ages, puzzles, and content. And, yes... Ages, puzzles, and content created by Cyan. Now that Uru Live is almost back, we will finally get to experience it! (Many here have been waiting just as long as you have. :) )

The only reason you'll see "barriers" is because the areas behind said barriers aren't quite ready for exploration yet... but will most likely become so sooner than later.

As for fan-created Ages... this nearly three-year hiatus showed Cyan the creative capabilities of many within the community. They realized that they will be able to take advantage of that creativity and use it... Not necessarily in a way that will affect Cyan's vision of the actual story of Uru... but, at the very least, accessible perhaps from within the Library to those who wish to explore more of what the community itself has to offer.

Eirerogue wrote:
Will there be any worlds for "the stranger" to explore? For that matter, will there be any exploration?

Yes and yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:04 am 

It was mentioned in a town hall a little while back that we WILL revisit Myst Island! :D

(I think it was with Dr. Kodama but thats not really relevant!)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:47 pm 

Hang in there, Rogue. I believe Cyan's plan in New Live is to release new content regularly. I hope that we get enough new subscribers to make this possible for the foreseeable future.

I too am not that interested in fan-created ages. I want to see the DRC story continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:00 pm 

Hello,

Did you never wondered on what the D'ni lived ?
The Garden-age is nice to be in, but can you live on that ?

An agricultura-age would be a nice welcome.
Someone could be busy on that, wanting it to be as perfect as you want it to be.

And yes, he could be waiting for the time to show it to Cyan.

Not only him but many others who have ages in development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 pm 

Er'cana is a great example of a granary age...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:29 pm 

Heh, I would be happy if someone found a linking book to the 'toilet age'. In all the worlds we have explored to date, there has never been one area to comfortably become one with nature... D'ni needs a dunney! :P