It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 am 

I'm currently working on a collection of ages to cobbel together a fan fiction story as a followup to the Myst storyline, but I started this before I came here and learnt a lot about the actual storyline, so the notes towards making this are partially redundant. Anyway, I'm still very much in the observational phase, trying to take notes about the surrounds, of the hub age 'Kosmosfeer', this is going to be a network, like the rest of the Myst games. I've taken the liberty of coping the original notes I made years ago, comments and ideas are all welcome;

Upon his travels from Myst to Riven to J'nanin to Tomahna and to D'ni, Bernard was mired into the majesty of the Art that he written notes to creating his own Ages, showing the true magic of the Art. His original notes stated seven Ages, all linking together to one, like the networks of Ages he encountered, but during his recent travels in and out of Spire, and helping Yeesha release the Slate, Bernard set about an eighth, one so out of the ordinary to the rest, and this, from the final years with Atrus and then Yeesha, Bernard create the eight Ages known simply as 'the Sfeers', keeping dedication to the D'ni language. These are the descriptions of the Spheres (in Surface tongue).

Atmosfeer
Cold and white.
Constant snow blankets the ground and dots the sky.
The domain of the weather, and the shivering chill.
Lightning rolls every so often, the real storms are the blizzards, the winds so furious and merciless.
Any stranger can lose themselves in a minute, you need a guide to take you to either country.
'Fear me', the wind calls, 'for I am the giver of life, and the taker of heat.'
'Know my domains, or die.'

Lithosfeer
Dark.
Very dark.
A web of caves that spread across the earth, under the unknown mountains.
Be sure to find yourself a light, or you'll become lost in a dark tube, and frightened of the things that go bump in the night.
And even so, the web is complex, a huge network of deposits and mines, crafted by the folk, they want the shiny metals and pretty gems.
But the other folk won't let them, servants of the earth, and masters of the caves, they praise the earth, they deem it not right to disturb it.
Many forks are in the network, choose a path, to prosperity, or worship?

Asthenosfeer
Red hot.
The sands of fire, with a river slithering across, dividing the nations.
Dunes the size of mountains.
The golden sun burnt into the sky, without a cloud to disturb it's strangle.
Two cities are split by the Serpent, one, a race of mystics and mages, priests and worshipers, the other, a race of warlords and shamen, forgers and militants.
The sphere has burnt their skin, the sand and the sun.
Make use of the Serpent river, it hasn't rained, not for a very long time.
While you're there, get yourself some oil, it may be useful.

Haidrosfeer
Cool and calm.
Aquamarine.
The Age of archipelago.
Islands dot the open sea in flowing chains and shapes.
On them, island cities, claimed by the queen, or the trader, or not at all.
Millions of pieces of land lay above the water, it is below it that has to most interest.
Sunken ships, large mammoths of wood, at the depths of the floor, schools of marine life dwell in the man-made structures.
It's the ones of the trader that are to be plundered.
No pirates here, unless you count the harpy witch, Nimue.

Nekrosfeer
Carbonic and black.
A foul sight.
Only the evil spawn here, the unholy and the dead.
An earth more disturbing than snow or sand, ash.
An Age of waste.
No life exists here, only the death, and the undead.
The powers here are as frightful as each other, but are the most chilling when against each other.
One, gives anthropology a bad name, the other, gives arachnids a bad name.
Your greatest fear here, must either become your friend, or your last thought.

Baiosfeer
Inverted.
And yellow?!
The air is purest here, and warm.
Nature has tuned to the heavenly, and the righteous.
The water is crystal clear, rather than boiling lava.
This is the Age of the Maker.
What a haven!
Every creature you meet will either teach you wisdom, or will be taught wisdom.
Here is the Age of learning.

Nurosfeer
Chaos, in a purple sky.
The best way to put this Age is 'unreality'.
Most of my ideas came from Spire, because Spire was designed to bend Sirrus' mind, this Age is the same.
Illusion is everywhere.
What you see, may not be.
The mere landscape can turn anyone insane.
Purple sky, crystal earth, constant barrage of phantoms and tricks.
Only those that can see past the Age can truely see it as it is.
Two have learnt the trick, can you?

[spoiler= Kosmosfeer]Image
Notation to be posted...[/spoiler]
Myst, Riven, J'ninan and Tomahna.
This Age binds them all together.
Only once you've been to all the Ages can you possibly understand the puzzle, and from there, the significance of each.
Learn the history of all the people, and the Ages.
Then, learn my history, and understand why I made Kosmosfeer, and from there, the other seven.
All I wanted was a place to define the magic, but I guess I used too many ideas from Spire.

Bernard never left Reeshalan, he chose to spend the rest of his life helping Atrus and the D'ni into their new home and restore their culture and history. However, upon creating his eighth age, a drastic change and conspiracy had taken place, and Bernard is now too weak and fraile to complete this task. So Bernard briefly returns to the surface to search for his current relatives to past on the legacy now created, and to see if the explorer's blood ready does pass down the generations....

Last edited by chrissifniotis on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 pm 

I look for a age that I want to visit and explore. If a puzzle/problem/opportunity arises so much the better. For me, though, the age must be interesting by itself (for a while, anyway). I like your descriptions of your ages and would be interested in exploring them some day. I revisit Tahgira and Minkota because I have the feeling that I'll discover something new if I just explore a little bit further, slowly. The same with Ae'Gura. I hope you can get your ages written soon...

KI#01807516

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm 

Thanks, it's still very early in the process, but I'm getting help. Kosmosfeer is what I want to start first, being the hub. I've got a map, my notes and a basic idea of the landscape, I'm now sorting out the puzzles and how they work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 pm 

-BUMP!-

I've desided to scrap the ending preface and create a new ending to the original post, the recent creation of the ages follow a different sequence of events now. Also, I've finished the basic notation of the hub age, Kosmosfeer, but it occurs to me that the age creation, not nessacerally the age itself, may be rather beyond the accepted rules of age creation. So I want to ask people, done by PM, if they can take a look at the observational notes on the age before I put them up publicly. Any help and critic is appreciated, help especially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 pm 

I'll be happy to help wherever I can. I'll be back in town tomorrow and can start getting my system working in the right direction to get more involved.

KI#01807516

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 am 

Okay, thank you. I need help on knowning exactly what is and isn't allowed in the observation, or history, of creating a fan age, not so much the properties of the age itself, I'll PM you the basic notation of the age. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:08 am 

seems interesting.

ah, now you just got another one of those comments that don't even mean anything.

anyway, seems like it could be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:39 am 

I'll say! Would you mind helping me with some of the notation? Before I post it up I want to make sure it's within the rules of writting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 am 

-BUMP-
I'm going to sumbit some qucik notation on the creation of Kosmosfeer. I still need to check whether or not the info is in cannon to the histories of Yeesha and Atrus, but the events themselves seem to be fine.

Watch this space! Top post will be updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm 

-BUMPBUMP-

Kosmosfeer now has a map, the notation that will follow gives a backstory to the creation of the age. Once that's up, I'm going to add pictures for the other ages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]